IGNORED

CC-40 ROM Thread

acadiel

I talked to Atrax last night; as soon as my CC-40 boards come in, I'll slap a 27C040 in the ROM one and get a ROM image attached to this thread with the following programs. Either you can burn it, or contact Atrax and he'll burn one for you.

* Advanced Electrical Engineering (32K)

* Editor Assembler (32K)

* Finance (32K)

* Mathematics (32K)

* Memo Processor (32K)

* Statistics (32K)

* Games 1 (32K)

* Pascal (32K)

I had dumped the majority of these a while back and can fix the 8K bank alignment easily to work with the 32K space the unit is expecting. I also helped dump the CC-40 32K ROM and 2K Processor ROM a while back, and we got emulation working for the CC-40 because of this.

Note, this only fills up 256K of the 512K potential, so we still have room for eight more carts. If anyone has extra cartridges not in this thread (Games 2, a Horse Racing cart, others), please reply to this thread. I can dump and return your cartridge and add it to the EPROM.

I will verify this ROM image works in Brain's board that the community has been working on in another thread and post the 512K EPROM image here for all to consume.

So stay tuned. And feel free to reply if you have a cart that I didn't list above so we can get them dumped to add to the cart image.

• Like 10

• 2 weeks later...

Merry early Christmas, everyone!

Enclosed is a EPROM image for Jim's cart board with every single CC-40 program that we have dumped. I have tested each program in here to make sure it runs, but have not done further testing.

We need to get scans or HOWTOs of each program to learn how to run them if anyone wants to help with that.

Edit: The Pascal image is courtesy of Vorticon :)

CC-40 Release.zip

• Like 7

Ah, so the memory and ROM are the same boards set up with different parts? Didn't realize that. Will have to read from the beginning, came here late so I missed what you did.

We essentially cloned the RAM cart I had, and Jim added some resistors and a switch for physical hardware bank switching. I think he also adapted the same RAM cart into its ROM counterpart as well. With 16 banks of 32K, just like the RAM cart.

I’m also working on a 3D model to make a cart case for his boards. I’m unsure about the tab thing going on, perhaps he can make one without tabs and one without. I don’t plan on putting tabs in my case design, they are too small to file filler out of.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I'm happy to report too, that the ROM above worked great with the switches... Played some Hunt the Wumpus. Too wild.

Manuals. It totally needs manuals.

-M@

I have a lot of them, but not all. Will be posting them in a bit.

I have another “project” that just showed up in the mail today that I’m drooling over at present. :-)

• Like 3

You guys wanted manuals. Courtesy of atrax and Charlie Good, and probably Ksarul and others on WHTech:

If anyone wants to edit these, clean them up, etc, please feel free and post the fixed copies in this thread.

Schematics:

CC40carts.zip - from SNUG/Michael Becker

Module manuals:

Advanced Electrical Engineering: RUN "DIR"

Editor Assembler: RUN "ALDS"

Finance: RUN "DIR"

Games 1: RUN "DIR"

Memo Processor: RUN "MP"

Pascal (Reference and User Guide): RUN "PASCAL"

Statistics: RUN "DIR"

Manuals:

Main System manual & Appendix

Basic Reference pamphlet

Schematic: Hexbus Floppy Drive schematic (TI and SNUG prototypes)

Binaries:

CC-40 Multicart Binary (for use Retro Innovation's cart board)

TI-99/4A Hexbus Interface DSR ROM

HX5102M PALs and binaries (except a couple I couldn't dump) - DSDD Hexbus controller prototype

Missing manuals so far:

Mathematics: RUN "DIR"

Peripherals:

8K Constant Memory Module

Hexbus Modem

Hexbus Printer Plotter

Hexbus Printer 80

Hexbus Quick Disk

Hexbus RS232

PascalReferenceGuide.pdf

PascalUsersGuide.pdf

Quickdiskreferenceguide.pdf

Financemodulemanual.pdf

8KConstantMemoryRAMmanual.pdf

Printer-Plottermanual.pdf

RS232manual.pdf

Modemmanual.pdf

MemoProcessormanual.pdf

Games1manual.pdf

Statisticsmodule.pdf

cc40 ti74 hexbus.txt

cc-40 multicart.zip

hexbus_interface.BIN

hx5102m.zip

CC40 Advanced Electrical Engineering cartridge manual.pdf

cc40-basic-quickref.pdf

CC40 user guide chapters 1-3.pdf

CC40 user guide chapter 4 (Basic programming).pdf

CC40 user guide chapter 5 (BASIC reference).pdf

CC40 user guide appendix and index.pdf

CC40 EA Users Guide toc chapt 1-3.pdf

CC40 EA Users Guide chapt 4-8.pdf

CC40 EA Reference toc and chapt 1-3.pdf

CC40 EA Reference chapt 4-6.pdf

CC40 EA Reference chapt 7 and appendix.pdf

Hex-BusMiniFloppy.pdf

HX5102M.pdf

Printer 80 user manual.pdf

cc40carts.zip

• Like 10

Thanks for taking the time, Jon. BTW, I wonder if anyone ever took a look at the code of the memo processor software? I seem to recall a bug that would intermittently knock me off-line back in the day. Do you recall this bug, Jon? Charlie Good wrote about this too as I recall. I used the little CC-40 before I got a laptop when traveling with the little 300 baud modem to keep in contact with my wife via the Hidden Reef BBS. :)

• Like 2

Thanks for taking the time, Jon. BTW, I wonder if anyone ever took a look at the code of the memo processor software? I seem to recall a bug that would intermittently knock me off-line back in the day. Do you recall this bug, Jon? Charlie Good wrote about this too as I recall. I used the little CC-40 before I got a laptop when traveling with the little 300 baud modem to keep in contact with my wife via the Hidden Reef BBS. :)

Someone who probably has the skill to do that is JGardner over on the Vintage Computer Forums. He's the one that gave me the assembly to dump the CC-40 BIOS.

Also, to place this somewhere for posterity - this is how we dumped the bank switched 32K ROM (For when Ksarul wants to dump his CC-40+ BIOS):

This works on a TI-74, with the appropriate addresses,
but I don't have a working CC40 32K cartridge to test it 
with on a CC40. Let me know what happens... 

Jack

52 03 88 CF FF 5B 88 EF FF 59 A3 FC 19 94 19
9A 59 9B 5B DB 59 DB 5B 7D FF 59 E6 F3 7D CF
58 E6 EE C2 5D FF E6 E0 F4

Load address: >2000; Execution Address: >2000

Result:

ROM Pg. 3 copied to >B000 - >CFFF
ROM Pg. 2 copied to >9000 - >AFFF
ROM Pg. 1 copied to >7000 - >8FFF
ROM Pg. 0 copied to >5000 - >6FFF

And the link of the shell script I used to dump the cartridges: http://atariage.com/forums/topic/224561-need-a-shell-scriptperl-for-converting-ascii-value-to-binary/?hl=+cc#820840=

• Like 1

If anyone has a spare complete working cart I'd like to buy one!

Right now, it's roll your own, but I'm sure some like Greg will step up and build some soon!

However, I do have a spare from my prototype building if you want it. PM me. I need to add up what it cost me to build.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Mine's like that but has some strange re-soldered chip on it. I'll have to take pics.

First pic:

MC1489: Quad line RS232 receiver

74C902 - Hex inverting line buffer

LM339 - Low Power Low Offset Voltage Quad Comparators

Second pic:

1052911-X chip is the Hexbus chip. X probably means experimental.

SY6551 is a UART.

Not sure what the TI 1042537-0018 chip is.

ICL7660CPA is a voltage regulator

• Like 1

Mine's like that but has some strange re-soldered chip on it. I'll have to take pics.

First pic:

MC1489: Quad line RS232 receiver

74C902 - Hex inverting line buffer

LM339 - Low Power Low Offset Voltage Quad Comparators

Second pic:

1052911-X chip is the Hexbus chip. X probably means experimental.

SY6551 is a UART.

Not sure what the TI 1042537-0018 chip is.

ICL7660CPA is a voltage regulator

BTW, for those that don't know the pins next to the square hole in the PCB are the parallel port. If you needed it you would run a ribbon cable from the connector through the square hole to your printer.

• Like 1

Mine has a TMS7040NL in place of the 1042537-0018. There's an X on the second line, wonder if that's an experimental one.

So I wonder if the 1042537-0018 is a pin count reduced TMS7040NL. Note, this processor family is the same one that powers the CC-40 and TI-74. this chip apparently has 4K of ROM on it, probably with the microcode that runs this Hexbus peripheral.

Hm... something else to dump?

a3e8be7d089e851859c0138b727a806f.jpg0fef4f9fbc7f83b17ceadfb22e6f3b8d.jpg5b09e317bcfb222234b1aec9d7ddb449.jpg
bbec0068eb51c264e834e6ed9f21aa36.jpg
ff1067b10d250df9c098ea096a84e925.jpg
1f317c253bc467098a15c40ae7e2ee84.jpg

• Like 1