IGNORED

TI99/4a modern expansions availability

AMenard

I was wondering... Does anybody have a BOM of the part needed to refurbish the PEB PSU? After more than 30 years at least the electrolytic caps needs replacing.

Same goes for the 99. The 99 PSU can be replaced by a PC PSU according to http://www.mainbyte.com/ti99/hardware/power_supply.html but isn't the console regulators expecting +16V?

Not exactly a list of materials, but TI user WYERD made a totally awesome thread, complete with photos on how to replace the old TI power supply with a newer, lighter version << HERE >>.

In the past there has also been talk about keeping or removing the regulators, why it works with a modern power supply, etc. The search box in the upper right hand side of the main TI page can help you locate nearly anything with just a few keywords.

Have fun! :)

Not exactly a list of materials, but TI user WYERD made a totally awesome thread, complete with photos on how to replace the old TI power supply with a newer, lighter version << HERE >>.

In the past there has also been talk about keeping or removing the regulators, why it works with a modern power supply, etc. The search box in the upper right hand side of the main TI page can help you locate nearly anything with just a few keywords.

Have fun! :)

Yes, I read those :-D

I was just asking if someone had a premade part list laying around. The main sticking point that I see in using a PC psu for the PEB is the same as my question in my previous post about the voltage regulators. IN stock 99 and PBE they seem to be expecting a 16v line and PC PSU only give 12v. Since not all voltage regulators are created equal and those in the PEB and Card are now 30 years old, I'm wondering if there could be a negative impact in using a PC psu vs rebuilding the original one.