IGNORED

All I want for Christmas is... (must be TI-99/4A related)

Omega-TI

It seems there is a new batch coming along. I've just sent a message to Matthew at Code|hack|create asking him to put me on the list for one. I can only wait and hope now.

Really ? Wow, I'm eagerly waiting for that, too. I've been on the list for a few months, waiting patiently for the next batch to be released.

Really ? Wow, I'm eagerly waiting for that, too. I've been on the list for a few months, waiting patiently for the next batch to be released.

Reading on his site, there is a mention of the list being at 70% or so of planned devices.

• If you want to be on the waiting list, please send me your name and email via my contact form.

I will make another batch of F18A boards once there is enough demand.

Current demand is about 70% as of October 3, 2017.

Yeah, fun times. I'm having the 3rd windshield in 2 years replaced today. If that was not enough I have to buy 4 toner cartridges today as well.

Yeah, consumables. Besides the car repairs I had to replace all the batteries in my UPSes, came to just under $700. (I have several large UPSes plus many smaller ones). Still less expensive than replacing them all. I waited too long.

Yeah, fun times. I'm having the 3rd windshield in 2 years replaced today. If that was not enough I have to buy 4 toner cartridges today as well.

The Sunday after Thanksgiving I had to have our windshield replaced in our new car... we have had six months!

Toner is crazy expensive, but at least it costs less per page than ink.

• Like 1

The Sunday after Thanksgiving I had to have our windshield replaced in our new car... we have had six months!

Toner is crazy expensive, but at least it costs less per page than ink.

I just bought my car in July. At 1488 miles some guy threw his truck door into my car in a parking lot. I was in the car when it happened and the guy just walked off. I got out to look, saw the when his door literally bounced off my car it left a nice gouge in the bumper. I yell "Dude!" he turns around and says, "Oh, did I hit it?" I drop my arms, look square at him, "Come ON, guy!" This is one reason why we cannot have nice things!

On to the toner, I am looking for a nice color laser printer. I have a Brother which I got for $30 but it keeps tripping all of the UPSes in my office.

I just bought my car in July. At 1488 miles some guy threw his truck door into my car in a parking lot. I was in the car when it happened and the guy just walked off. I got out to look, saw the when his door literally bounced off my car it left a nice gouge in the bumper. I yell "Dude!" he turns around and says, "Oh, did I hit it?" I drop my arms, look square at him, "Come ON, guy!" This is one reason why we cannot have nice things!

On to the toner, I am looking for a nice color laser printer. I have a Brother which I got for $30 but it keeps tripping all of the UPSes in my office.

A brother color laser for $30 - I can help you recoup some cost if you want to offload it. I've been looking for a decent inexpensive color laser for a while and haven't yet gotten to it. $30 + shipping sounds like a helluva deal to me.

oh i'd be soooooo mad. lol

just out of curiosity- is your laser printer plugged into the 'battery' side of the UPSes? :) it pulls enough current from the laser that it's gonna trip em no matter what (or at least, that's been my experience).

• Like 1

just out of curiosity- is your laser printer plugged into the 'battery' side of the UPSes? :) it pulls enough current from the laser that it's gonna trip em no matter what (or at least, that's been my experience).

Laser Printers are not supposed to be connected to a UPS. They go direct to the wall. Might get away with a surge protector.

A brother color laser for $30 - I can help you recoup some cost if you want to offload it. I've been looking for a decent inexpensive color laser for a while and haven't yet gotten to it. $30 + shipping sounds like a helluva deal to me.

You know what? I think we can make a deal on this. PM me when you get a chance. There is even some color toner left over.

Mad does not cover it. But the company which owned the truck paid for the repair. Almost $1,000 in damage.

Nah, trust me, I have had to deal with that with several customers. Fun times. No, it is plugged into the wall, but it draws so much idle charging the drum that my lights dim, and when it runs all of the UPSes detect a sudden drop.

Laser Printers are not supposed to be connected to a UPS. They go direct to the wall. Might get away with a surge protector.

This is generally true, in particular with consumer models as you can damage the inverters. 15A enterprise UPSes can be damaged unless specifically designed for the task. I had a vendor which sold a customer a lab system with a smaller HP printer (like an 1102) and a rather nice 2000VA (technically a 12A system with a NEMA-15) UPS to run the printer and the lab computer, and the UPS handled the printer just fine (was an Eaton UPS, IIRC.) The equipment was also on an Eaton, but a nice 2200VA unit with a NEMA-20.

• Like 2

That's when you whip out the cellphone and take lots of photos for your insurance company as well as his car and licence plate.

Yup, including a shot with the truck door pressed up against the damage to show, yes, it actually was YOUR truck. :)