IGNORED

work started on the 2600jr schematics

hurt

alright people the work has been started on the atari 2600 schematics for the jr. it is very slow moving but i have a friend called shaggy138 helping me out with it, he is not into the atari scene and i think he thinks i am crazy and just has pitty on me. but at anyrate he is helping me out and we have completed the schematics from the power section of the jr. i will post more info on how we are doing on this here as we get more.

and also one atari will die in the porject!!! hehe well we removed ever component so that we can fallow traces better.

if you are good with this stuff and feel like you want to help leave a message here or email me we could use the help.

Hurt:

Have you been to Dan Boris's homepage?

He has schemes listed for the 2600. Though they are basically what he traced it out to be kinda like your doing. However, I don't know which model those schemes are for. But I would imagine that several of the circuits would be identical just layed out differently. Like the RF circuit and cart connector...etc..

Just an Idea. Check the links here at the Age for Mr. Boris's site.

actually yes i do have those ones but there is alot of stuff that was changed in the circuit from the 4 switch woodie to the jr. schematics are around for all the systems other than the jr, because when the jr came out it was so cheap that to service a dead one was just dumb.

but thanks for the info and yes some sections are prob the same but the power section is not the same and that is all we have done so far. i guess the only way we will know what is and isn't the same is to compare after it is all done. in which case we still have to do it.

Can't wait to see what you come up with for the Jr schematics. It will be interesting to compare them against the 4-switch schematics to see what has changed. I would love to create a page with the schematics for each model and board rev. to see the differences.

Dan

yah that is kinda my plan to try and get them all, i know that there is a service manual that has all of them in it other than the jr. but that thing cost alot of money, although i have the ones from your site and i am sure the 6'er would be pretty close so schematics would not be to hard to get from what you have for that.

• 2 weeks later...

alright jo so everyone knows work on this is still going on and we have done some of the video section, the process is very long and slow as we have only the system it self to go by.

and there is alot of change in the jr when compared to the 4 switch'er, and that is just form the power supply and some of the video section that we have found this.

anyway we are still open to help if anyone is interested in helping us.