IGNORED

Atari Jaguar to PC Enhanced port of FAST FOOD 64

WAVE 1 GAMES

Hey guys, just wanted to share here that I am also converting my Jaguar game Fast Food 64 over to the PC format and it is coming along quite nicely. I am able to do all of the things I wanted to do with the Jag version plus the graphics are seriously overhauled here. The VR mode on this one will be an actual 3D engine vs the fake 3D seen on the Jaguar version, so it should be pretty wild. I am including a link to the first playable demo of the game here for free.

FREE FIRST DEMO CLICK HERE

When the demo starts up press enter until you get to the familiar game select screen. Then choose 1 by pressing the 1 key on your keyboard. All you can eat mode is the only mode available for play in this demo. If you want full screen press F4. To exit the game press ESC.

I hope you guys try it, it really does run quite smoothly and in case you guys are curious, YES some of the BASIC code from the Jag version was copied, pasted and carried over to this version! The whole process was very smooth. But I'm not finished yet!

Enjoy

• Like 1

What tools are you using to develop this on the PC?

PlayBASIC, Game Maker and Photoshop. Plus many of the same audio and graphics tools I used on the Jaguar version

I made a quick video showing the Jaguar version running side by side with the PC version just to point out the differences. I did this with Bandicam which is pretty sucky for screen capturing, but I couldn't figure out a way to get both the Virtual Jaguar and FF64PC windows in the same capture. Anyway there is some video lag due to these reasons but there is still enough here to see how much of an improvement the PC version is. It's all really cool!

• Like 1

OK So I got the groundwork done for the new and improved VR mode. As you can see in the video the purple pickles aren't set as hazards yet as I was really just trying to get a feel for the TRUE 3d perspective and the speed of incoming food items. As this video shows, this version of the VR mode can get really really fast paced! It's kind of surreal to look at!

Needless to say this is leaps and bounds above the Jaguar version of the VR mode.

I also pretty much finalized this versions' 2600 mode. I added a neat little effect with CRT TV static set to channel 3 just before you enter the game to give it a true old school feel!

Why, attention to details has always been a top priority, look at the fine print on the CD and the box

"This game has recieved an online rating SUITED FOR ALL AGES via the Online Games Rating System provided by gamejolt.com"

Mispell of "received" included ... I also checked at the uspto and there's no wave 1 game trademark but I didn't spend too much time on it, just stating that I doubt the © is actually enforceable etc... etc.... also being a derivative work of an original with no license afaik makes that fine print just smoke-and-mirror ..... might as well proudly declare it an IndieGame based on FastFood VCS.

But we digress, the price of the DL is not outrageous though ;-)

Dec. 10: I have the groundwork for the VR Mode (brand new code)

Dec. 13: The whole thing is finished! Order now!

It's good to see that lessons were learned from the Jaguar release.

Thats a pretty quick judgement you just passed there for a game that has been released with ZERO bugs and runs flawlessly. Im not sure what more time in development would have done for this release as it is PERFECT. It was playested thoroughly and is overall a superior version to the Jaguar version, hell you can tell that right away just by looking at the beta demo I posted for free. Also this is a PORT of an existing game that I have already made before. Rest assured everything that was complained about in the Jag version was fixed. Even the typo on the label that some folks here were so nice to point out.

Why, attention to details has always been a top priority, look at the fine print on the CD and the box

"This game has recieved an online rating SUITED FOR ALL AGES via the Online Games Rating System provided by gamejolt.com"

Mispell of "received" included ... I also checked at the uspto and there's no wave 1 game trademark but I didn't spend too much time on it, just stating that I doubt the © is actually enforceable etc... etc.... also being a derivative work of an original with no license afaik makes ll that fine print just smoke-and-mirror ..... might as well proudly declare it an IndieGame based on FastFood VCS.

But we digress, the price of the DL is not outrageous though ;-)

Anything uploaded to gamejolt.com automatically gets a digital copyright to the account holder that is time stamped and will hold up in court.

Thanks for pointing out the typo. It will be fixed.

On a seperate note I am willing to provide a FREE copy to each member of the dogpile/troll crowd that keeps this crap going. Just PM me if you want to try it out. Just so you can see how flawless this version is. How can you argue with FREE and FLAWLESS?

Thats a pretty quick judgement you just passed there for a game that has been released with ZERO bugs and runs flawlessly.

I'm not passing judgement on your game. I'm passing judgement on your process which is the main reason the Jaguar version was released in the state it was. It could have been good but you didn't know what you were doing and you released a broken game.

Im not sure what more time in development would have done for this release as it is PERFECT.

Wow. That is a bold claim! As a senior software developer and software lead I have never, and will never, release a piece of software and claim it is perfect. Not because I'm not good. I am good. Good enough to know better.

• Like 7

Jeffrey, we've been through this dance before. If you don't want to get panned as a purveyor of substandard wares, then you actually need to take the time to make a quality product.

It's not even that you're passing off your learning experiences to the public. You're literally selling as fast as you can hit the compile button.

It's become clear that you're just interested in a quick buck, and not interested at all in a longer term strategy of building a customer base, with a reputation that brings people back.

-Thom

• Like 5

I'm not passing judgement on your game. I'm passing judgement on your process which is the main reason the Jaguar version was released in the state it was. It could have been good but you didn't know what you were doing and you released a broken game.

Wow. That is a bold claim! As a senior software developer and software lead I have never, and will never, release a piece of software and claim it is perfect. Not because I'm not good. I am good. Good enough to know better.

It is a bold claim. So why dont you take me up on my offer and get a free copy from me? What do you have to lose? You get a free game and you get to go all where's waldo and find the bugs that don't exist. Sounds like a win/win deal for you. The game IS perfect. You can find out for yourself

Jeffrey, we've been through this dance before. If you don't want to get panned as a purveyor of substandard wares, then you actually need to take the time to make a quality product.

It's not even that you're passing off your learning experiences to the public. You're literally selling as fast as you can hit the compile button.

It's become clear that you're just interested in a quick buck, and not interested at all in a longer term strategy of building a customer base, with a reputation that brings people back.

-Thom

Ha. Funny guy. PM your email address so I can provide you with a free copy and you see that it is in fact a quality product. That should put your comment to rest.

It is a bold claim. So why dont you take me up on my offer and get a free copy from me? What do you have to lose? You get a free game and you get to go all where's waldo and find the bugs that don't exist. Sounds like a win/win deal for you. The game IS perfect. You can find out for yourself

If you release a Linux version I will be happy to take you up on your offer. I don't keep a Windows PC around.

If you release a Linux version I will be happy to take you up on your offer. I don't keep a Windows PC around.

Hold on wait a minute. I thought most Windows programs would run under Linux? I don't know I'm actually asking here. I thought Linux had a compatibility mode for simpler windows programs.

Hold on wait a minute. I thought most Windows programs would run under Linux? I don't know I'm actually asking here. I thought Linux had a compatibility mode for simpler windows programs.

No there is no Windows compatibility mode in Linux. There is an application called wine which can run Windows applications but it is far from perfect. If the game actually can run in wine (many can not) it would not be fair to evaluate your game against a massive compatibility layer. I would have no way to know if any issues I discover are a problem with the game or a problem with wine.

Edited by Hyper_Eye