IGNORED

atari2600land's Blog - Half a screen, onward.

RSS Bot

Into the valley of death rode me. Here is the top half of a screenshot of the game I'm working on. It's a nice sunny day wherever this game is taking place. It was hard, but I worked on the bottom half of the game today, where all the game action is taking place. I don't want to reveal it quite yet because the sprites aren't finalized yet. There are two sprites and a ball. I am going to add missile0 in there sometime. It was a ton of work doing what I wanted to do, then a ton MORE work getting the scanline steady at 262.

Four trees. Two clouds. A score. I mean, what else could there be, right? I think another thing that will trouble me is staying at 2k. A certain video game designer (IIRC it was Larry Kaplan?) who said the best Atari 2600 games are 2k and if you need more room, then it's not good enough, or something to that effect. Oh well. I need to see if I can learn how to make a 4k Atari 2600 game just to see if I can. But for now, it's 2k. So I'm hoping to get this one done next year. And not this year. So I think I'll take a break from it now and get back to it on January 1.

Attached thumbnail(s)
  • blogentry-9475-0-38277100-1512705036_thu

http://atariage.com/forums/blog/168/entry-14402-half-a-screen-onward/