IGNORED

PS TV 3rd party controllers

toptenmaterial

I just ordered a PS TV off of amazon as a GTA and Castlevania machine. However I really would rather not cough up 50 or 60 on a new dualshock, especially since I'm just doing PS1 and PSP stuff. Can anyone here make a recommendation for a third party controller? Thanks and happy holidays!

Edited by toptenmaterial

I just ordered a PS TV off of amazon as a GTA and Castlevania machine. However I really would rather not cough up 50 or 60 on a new dualshock, especially since I'm just doing PS1 and PSP stuff. Can anyone here make a recommendation for a third party controller? Thanks and happy holidays!

I believe it supports DS3 + DS4, so you might find cheaper clones on the DS3 side, but I haven't used any so I can't make recommendations.

http://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/pstv/basic/usecontroller.html

You can use DUALSHOCK™3 wireless controllers and DUALSHOCK™4 wireless controllers with your system. Up to 4* controllers can be connected at the same time.

Looks like you could just get a used PS3 or PS4 controller from a GameStop or something. :)

EDIT: $17 on fleabay

Its funny. I bought a PSTV a long time ago with the intention of doing a softmod to it and never did. I probably should get around to that...

Edited by ClassicGMR

I highly recommed the Nyko Raven because it allows you to switch L1 to L2 and R1 to R2. Why is that handy? Vita has no L2 or R2 and I find some games like Pinball Arcade are way better using the L2 and R2.

raven.jpg

Here's my video review:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4xaZI-_WyM

Edited by ComputerSpaceFan
  • Like 2