IGNORED

Christmas gifts... for your Jaguar?

LS650

Nuon homebrew? Or is that just short-hand for burnt discs of the 3 or 4 commercial releases?

There were 8 total Nuon commercial releases with 1 being Korean only. But on nuon-dome there are maybe 12 homebrew games that have been made. Nothing spectacular, but they can be burned and played on the Samsung N501 player, maybe the other ones too I am not sure. The page even gives step by step instructions on how to burn them, tho I still haven't figured it out, could be my burning program.

FlashBoy? Is that a flash cart? I have to ask...is the Waterworld ROM for the Virtual Boy widely available? Ex-Atarian Steve Woita made that game.

The Flashboy is a flashcart for the Virtual Boy. The roms are all available out there on emuparadise or planetvb but the homebrew demos and partially completed games are on polanetvb. The rom for Waterworld is widely available as I have played it on the raspberry pi, but not yet flashed it to the flashboy as I own a real cart of Waterworld actually and have just played that. I got the flashboy mainly for the demos and homebrew and the few commercial releases I don't have (the Japanese games and the only 2 US I don't have which are 3D Tetris and Jack Bros.)

Have you ever tried the unreleased game 'Bound High'..? That is a great game, and makes excellent use of the VB's 3D effect.

Not yet, my flashboy is in the mail and arrives today. But that is supposedly one of the best games to try out aside from Faceball and Hyper Fighting. The ability to flash those 3 games made getting the Flashboy worth it.

Nuon homebrew? Or is that just short-hand for burnt discs of the 3 or 4 commercial releases?

No - it means homebrew games developed using the released Nuon SDK. It was their last ditch effort to get some final sales as the doors were closing.

• Like 1

Not yet, my flashboy is in the mail and arrives today. But that is supposedly one of the best games to try out aside from Faceball and Hyper Fighting. The ability to flash those 3 games made getting the Flashboy worth it.

Wait...they made Faceball 2000 for the Virtua Boy? Can it be networked?

Man...and to think we still don't have ports of the real thing - MIDI Maze! - to the Lynx or the Jaguar yet.

As for Waterworld for the Virtua Boy, I didn't think it was officially released commercially. I'd love to play it just because Steve Woita made it. If there was a commercial release, I'd love to get one to get an autograph. He told me on Facebook that he believes he's the only person that owns his own version of Police Academy for the NES that he made for [Atari Games] Tengen.

Wait...they made Faceball 2000 for the Virtua Boy? Can it be networked?

Man...and to think we still don't have ports of the real thing - MIDI Maze! - to the Lynx or the Jaguar yet.

As for Waterworld for the Virtua Boy, I didn't think it was officially released commercially. I'd love to play it just because Steve Woita made it. If there was a commercial release, I'd love to get one to get an autograph. He told me on Facebook that he believes he's the only person that owns his own version of Police Academy for the NES that he made for [Atari Games] Tengen.

yep Waterworld was commercially released I have cartridge of it:

23754922_1887523167939720_53369693938370

• Like 2

I just bought another Jag I/O Board :cool:

I'll put it under the tree next to all my individually wrapped Jaguar Doom hack carts. I'd just made dust covers for them all last night..

This arrived today right as the last one was BIN'ed on ebay :lust: Under the tree it goes. :thumbsup:

@UHATEIT, that Waterworld cart is awesome.. and thanks for the heads up on Flashboy. I haven't taken out my VB collection in some time but may dig it up for a donor cart. :cool:

Waterworld is slightly on the higher end of the rarity scale, not as rare as something like the Space Invaders cart, but certainly well above average. I remember picking up a few games at Target for like $5 after the VB died and I skipped that one as who cares about Waterworld? And of course now it's pretty valuable despite being garbage.

Heck yeah Waterworld is pretty lame. It's in many lists of worst games ever made. The game is just fricken terrible! Luckily I have my copy from when I was a kid. I got my VB initially new for Christmas and a bunch of games at $5 each at Walmart. Tho I never had Jack Bros and 3D Tetris which are still the only two commercial US ones I don't have. Space Invaders I was thinking was a Japanese release, the only Jap one I have is Vertical Force. My Flashboy arrived today in custom baby shit clear brown haha. Has a game on it called VB racing that's pretty cool except there's no sound in the game. I've always loved the Virtual Boy despite the shit it takes. I like the obscure shit!

• Like 1

The JP version of Jack Bros is much more reasonable than the US version, I'd track that down if you want a physical copy. I gave up on a complete VB set, though I will eventually get the US Galactic Pinball, Red Alarm and Vertical Force. Maybe Water World if a deal comes along on a forum. But there's no way I'm paying hundreds for the rare games just to say I have them. Same reason I gave up on a 32X full set. Just not worth it having things to have them.

The JP version of Jack Bros is much more reasonable than the US version, I'd track that down if you want a physical copy. I gave up on a complete VB set, though I will eventually get the US Galactic Pinball, Red Alarm and Vertical Force. Maybe Water World if a deal comes along on a forum. But there's no way I'm paying hundreds for the rare games just to say I have them. Same reason I gave up on a 32X full set. Just not worth it having things to have them.

I love Galactic Pinball! That's my favorite on the system. I've put way too many hours into that. Good replay value! I actually played the US Vertical Force yesterday and beat it on my first playthrough since I was a kid. Takes under 30 minutes it's surprisingly short. The 4th world took me a while. Red Alarm is probably my #3 game on the system, behind Mario Clash which is pretty fun too! I'm excited to try some homebrew on this flashboy+

• Like 1