IGNORED

Star Fox - Corneria (Atari 8-bit POKEY Cover)

Fragmare

Fantastic....Any other Star Fox tunes coming?

Love Star Fox, purchased the Japanese cart the day it came out, £88.00 and that was the trade price!!

And now that the followup has officially been released (and dumped) its a nice extra :)

Edited by Mclaneinc

Fantastic....Any other Star Fox tunes coming?

Love Star Fox, purchased the Japanese cart the day it came out, £88.00 and that was the trade price!!

And now that the followup has officially been released (and dumped) its a nice extra :)

Hmm, might do Lavos Core some day. Always liked that tune from Star Fox.

When Things were good, one has to give good comments.

But this tune suffers by the problem of "originality" . Which means, you only know what the tune is meant to be, if you know the original. The "real lead" is missing somehow.

Sorry to disagree. But I don't know the original. And I don't want to compare it. To me the Fragmare conversion is a great Pokey tune. It would have been that kind of song I would listen a 1000 times out of my old TV set when I was 12years again ... and driving my sister to crazy. :)

• Like 1

When Things were good, one has to give good comments.

But this tune suffers by the problem of "originality" . Which means, you only know what the tune is meant to be, if you know the original. The "real lead" is missing somehow.

Oh hello, The Grinch who stole Xmas is here...

• Like 3

I think the guitar attack (low, distorted root/5th) style he's referring to is more clearly heard in this POKEY piece. I'm not sure, but they may be more difficult to produce in RMT (which I think wasn't used in this example):

[Note: The tune is called "Instrumentarium".]

Edited by MrFish

Your version comes no closer to replicating the guitar riffs/chords than Fragmare's, in fact your version sounds thin and weak by comparison.

LOL... sometimes I doubt we live on the same planet ;)

If you told me the tune sounds more harsh and noisy than Fragmare's "original conversion" , I would have agreed. But, where the heck do you guys get the term "thin" ? E-Guitars tend to sound harsh and noisy... so what ?

It's everytime a problem to get tunes working that use a lot of deep sounds. It's still what I wrote 1st. The conversion doesn't resemble what the original means . However it could be managed...

Emkay, IMHO you are totally free to reinterpret the song in your own way, but I think Fragmare, just like Makary before, brings a totally new style to Pokey music. Makary's dark lounge/DNB/trip hop style and now the NES/Megamanesque/clean notes style of Fragmare are quite refreshing to me!

• Like 2

See the problem: They claim to know the issue and point to a totally wrong cause ;)

Dude, I'm a musician of 35+ plus years. I play electric guitar and bass, mandolin, mandola, viola, violin, standup bass, acoustic guitar, and banjo. I play rock, blues, funk, Irish, old timey, bluegrass, country, classical, and other genres. I've listened to and studied MANY genres of music.

I've used many different types of digital and analogue effects in conjuction with playing and recording. I've owned many different types of amplifiers and other sound equipment. I've used many different types of synthesiers, sequencers, and sound processing equipment and programs.

You've already proven that you can't understand some of the most rudementary musical concepts, as witnessed in this thread portion about Star Trek, starting here.

I might be interested in explaining what I'm talking about above, but, from what I've witnessed, it's useless because either you're not interested to hear any ideas but your own, or you can't understand what's being said saying, or you just don't want to understand; who knows. So I'm not going to waste my time.

• Like 1

Emkay, IMHO you are totally free to reinterpret the song in your own way, but I think Fragmare, just like Makary before, brings a totally new style to Pokey music. Makary's dark lounge/DNB/trip hop style and now the NES/Megamanesque/clean notes style of Fragmare are quite refreshing to me!

You shouldn't compare Makary with Fragmare and his brilliant conversion. Makary is blasting the whole POKEY through a bottleneck, for his own fun. Fragmare's tunes could at least run in an NTSC based game (But this time, some essential part is missing)

And that's the issue... they weren't usable in PAL games. So I'm playing around, doing fitting PAL versions ;)

3rd edit for today , btw. ;)