IGNORED

Star Fox - Corneria (Atari 8-bit POKEY Cover)

Fragmare

I think the guitar attack (low, distorted root/5th) style he's referring to is more clearly heard in this POKEY piece. I'm not sure, but they may be more difficult to produce in RMT (which I think wasn't used in this example):

[Note: The tune is called "Instrumentarium".]

Do you know what, specifically, they're doing for that guitar timbre? I muuuuussssst have iiiiitttt lol

He used a patched version of RMT for that tune.

You can find info about it here: Instrumentarium - Final Release, Links, & Summary

Ah, yea i downloaded the patched RMT they were using and tried it with the Corneria cover. It does, indeed, give the guitars that crazy timbre if i set them up the same way... it also, however, makes everything else sound out of tune. :/

Ah, yea i downloaded the patched RMT they were using and tried it with the Corneria cover. It does, indeed, give the guitars that crazy timbre if i set them up the same way... it also, however, makes everything else sound out of tune. :/

I haven't used it myself, so I'm not sure about the problem you're experiencing. It could be that some features you're using are not supported in the patched version. Also, if you're opening a file that you made with a non-patched RMT, it may be that the file format is not completely compatible with the patched version. I would suggest programming a few things from scratch and seeing what the result is, as a test.

Awesome tune !

Now all we need is for me to stop working on a different Atari and switch to A800 and finish my flatshader there so we can have a Star Fox on 6502 :)

Out of curiosity, roughly how many cycles are lost/available per frame after the tune of this complexity is played ? Could we have at least 12-15,000 available in narrow mode 128x96x4, or that's totally unrealistic ?

me likes, and I don't care if I would have done it differently or not, as I didn't do this song. Author decides how he wants to do it, just my 2 cents.

Keep up the nice work

The point is that cruising with POKEY sounds, often shifts the musical recognition ;) . Listening to a tune while editing might be more satisfying than when listening to it after some days...

And , well searching through Youtube also offers some "remakes" that sound more brighter and "airy" . So you see what the tune is transporting. They don't sound that dark as supposed by the musician, but keep a flow that "leads" to the tune.

I didn't know the Tune before, and the 1st listening was just like some random noise to me. That's what I had so tell in this thread.

So the question is, what has the tune to be likely , to make the original composer getting what he intended?