IGNORED

Locoroco?!

Video

I wanted to get a new copy of this game for my PSP, and a search popped up a copy for ps4. Heck yeah! I don't know if this is a new game, or a remake of the PSP game, but I'm so getting this. I'm surprised nobody mentioned it.

The game is one of my favorites for PSP, featuring a different play style (you don't directly control the character) and squishy blobby characters you try to guide through the world while gaining mass and avoiding being poked or eaten. Its got nice graphics and an amazing soundtrack. I actually bought the music for the game.

Anyhow, I'm definitely getting this, but it may be a while before it gets here being Christmas season and all.

Edited by Video

• 2 weeks later...

WOO! Got it in.

I can say this is the original PSP version. I can't really say "remastered" (though the box does say that) its been up converted for play on the ps4, with 4k support for uhdtv. I've beaten the first world, iirc there are 8, each with 8 stages. It does run a slight bit smoother than the now 10 year old PSP version.

There's vibration feedback for certain things, like floating on air currents, and when the locoroco sings, it plays through the controllers speaker (I didn't even know the controller had a speaker) outside of that, it plays the same as the PSP game, use l and r to tilt the world, hold both to bounce up. Circle breaks locoroco with a tap, or recalls them when held.

The stages can be beaten in a few minutes, probably an average of 12 or so, but can take an hour plus if you squeeze through every area trying to find all the muimui pickories and secrets. Even having played the game for nearly a decade, I still often miss some things playing through a stage.

Some things, while the game has been remastered, the videos are notably lower resolution than the gameplay. Also, it could be a handheld vs TV thing, but I swear this game plays more zoomed in than the original.

If you like locoroco, this is guaranteed to make you smile, even if the only game you played was cocoreccho(sp?) For ps3. (This one is more level based than the console one) If you don't like it, this one won't change your mind. If you 100% the PSP original, it would be personal preference if you'd like to play again, or in proper full screen mode on TV.

• Like 1

There's vibration feedback for certain things, like floating on air currents, and when the locoroco sings, it plays through the controllers speaker (I didn't even know the controller had a speaker) outside of that, it plays the same as the PSP game, use l and r to tilt the world, hold both to bounce up. Circle breaks locoroco with a tap, or recalls them when held.

Is left and right trigger along with circle the only controls in the game? I'm kind of limited into what I can do but I think I can handle it if it's just that

Pretty much. You can opt to use motion controls, but it feels imprecise to me.

I hope locoroco 2 gets a conversion too, but I doubt this one will sell to well, considering its largely not available in stores. The box is in Japanese so I figure its import, which is to bad cause it really is a great game.

Yeah, I'm about half way through and don't think anything new is there, like I said, if you already have/beat it, its really a case of if you want it in HD full screen or not. (Or on a newer device instead of your aged psp) Be cool if there was some extra levels or something, but so far, I doubt it.

A few things bad about it, the sound can get really screwy in a few areas, magnified if you have the locoroco broken into its smallest parts. Also, a few places in the game suffer slowdown, especially in those screwy sound bits. I don't recall the PSP version doing this (except that first bit of post game info report, which always had that initial crackly bit) so the PSP is more powerful than the ps4, right? :P kidding, but its likely just due to it being just about a straight port with little additions.

Edited by Video