IGNORED

Rocksmith Remastered

flickertail

I'm just wondering how much it has helped you learn guitar, or if you already knew how to play before you got it. I have it, but it wasn't as fun as I had hoped it would be. On the xbox, it just seemed difficult to get it to work properly sometimes. As you can probably guess, I haven't played it in a while.

I was given a guitar last year and wanted to learn so I bought Rocksmith.

I think the game helps me improve my speed more than anything. It doesn't really do lessons as such. As for being fun, I found that the songs I like to listen to are not necessarily the songs that are the most fun to play.. For instance I never really enjoyed that Jackson 5 song they include, but I like playing it in Rocksmith.

If it's not working properly- could it be TV lag? They recommend hooking your system up to an external speaker to avoid lag. I'm not sure if Xbox allows, this, but try it if you can. It may seem more responsive to what you play once you do.

For learning guitar in general, what I've been doing is practicing chords and printing out tabs of songs I'd like to learn. And for this time of year I've found many Christmas songs are easy to learn on guitar. They don't send your fingers all over the fret board like rock songs tend to do.

I would say Rocksmith helped me improve as a player, but it didn't help me *learn* a whole lot. It's good as a kind of practice, because it's more fun than just sitting there doing finger exercises or even playing along to songs. After playing it for a couple months, I definitely felt like I was able to play faster and more precisely. It's basically doing what playing any video game for that length of time would do, only with a real guitar as your controller. Play any game long enough and you will get better at it; play a guitar long enough in a structured way like that, and you will get better at it.

• Like 1

If it's not working properly- could it be TV lag? They recommend hooking your system up to an external speaker to avoid lag. I'm not sure if Xbox allows, this, but try it if you can. It may seem more responsive to what you play once you do.

I think there is a way to do that. There's an optical audio port on the back of the xbox. I don't have anything to hook that up to... It's more like the xbox locks up and reboots itself (sometimes), or it just exits the game.

I would say Rocksmith helped me improve as a player, but it didn't help me *learn* a whole lot. It's good as a kind of practice, because it's more fun than just sitting there doing finger exercises or even playing along to songs. After playing it for a couple months, I definitely felt like I was able to play faster and more precisely. It's basically doing what playing any video game for that length of time would do, only with a real guitar as your controller. Play any game long enough and you will get better at it; play a guitar long enough in a structured way like that, and you will get better at it.

I've never played before buying Rocksmith, so if I want to learn to play, I guess I should look for other opportunities to learn the basics. The one benefit of the game, it seems to have caused my daughter to gain an interest in music.