IGNORED

Book?

Do you want to see this as a book?  

238 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want to see this as a book?

• Yes
    • No

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

• 3 weeks later...

I'd *LOVE* to see this as a book, though if it became too much work, I'd rather you 1) kept it to the web stuff and/or 2) wrote new games rather than burn out on that project.

Reminds me though...

Every now and then though I hear rumor of a book like this but from way back in the day. I usually assume it's actually a Magicard manual or maybe a professional (game company) doc, but usually get "no, a real book". But has ANYONE seen such a thing? I sure haven't...

• 2 months later...
Here is a PDF of the lessons to date.  I have also included follow-on discussions where appropriate and Andrew's (and others) comments.  

It is 687Kb zipped and 3.57MB uncompressed.  

Thanks Al for increasing the attachment size limit to accomodate this.  :)

oops, I'm talking about this post :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

first off, i would most definately by the book.

second, as a tip you would probably already know, a lot of books have reviews, summaries, tips, and other information (as in what website you can go to for help) after each chapter.

The best idea to go for is, dont just write a book, write a book you'd want to use yourself in the off case you lost all your memmory.

hey, amnesia's possible...

• 3 weeks later...

I have an updated version (as of 18 Nov 03). This update includes Session 23 and some minor cosmetic changes. However, as the zip file is 1.1MB, I think it's over the attachment limit. I will host this file on my webserver (snipercade) when I get home from work this evening.

No worries, go for it!

Cheers

A

Thank you sir.

Do you find it adequate or at least acceptable? :)

It's well done, thanks. There are a few formatting issues, and the pictures appear a bit low-res/blocky. But overall, excellent. One must remember that these tutorials will be refined and rewritten before they become a book.

What you have in this combined file is a handy one-place reference for everyone to use even when offline.

Cheers

A

It's well done, thanks.  There are a few formatting issues, and the pictures appear a bit low-res/blocky.  But overall, excellent.  One must remember that these tutorials will be refined and rewritten before they become a book.

What you have in this combined file is a handy one-place reference for everyone to use even when offline.

Cheers

A

Absolutely. It was not, nor shall it be, my intent to have this pdf serve any other purpose other than off-line viewing/reference. Once you are ready to send your book (with far better quality images) to a publisher, my version will cease immediately. :)