IGNORED

Best Electronics

Bikerbob

Nooooooooooo, not an offshoot of the Steve Classics thread ;)

Again, Brad isn't the fastest guy on the planet but he's almost certainly running this whole thing on his own and THAT is amazing considering the number of spares he carries. lets also not forget that Brad is not a spring chicken, he's like many of us, in his blanket and slippers years but still going.

The usual rules apply, follow his ordering system, emails MUST contain Atari and give the guy some time at what is a busy time of the year.

His site may be a little antique but he has the goods and he gets them out...

Brad is very much what I'd call a pen and paper guy, I'd bet most of his stock is catalogued in his head, he knows how many and where they are, he's not Amazon, he has no robots and multiple sub system packaging and delivery people..

Not everyone wants to work that way in what is a niche market, I hope it pays for itself and affords him some good old creature comforts and treats but I doubt he's expecting a billion dollar take over from Trump...

Edited by Mclaneinc
  • Like 5

Same OP as the 'AtariMax?' thread from April... some customers have all the bad luck, it seems. :)

No, it's just that we are so use to instant feedback from the big online retailer that we tend to forget that there are still some mom&pop business out there who don't have the ressources to process as many transactions.

• Like 3

• 3 years later...
34 minutes ago, YSG2020 said:

Someone entrepreneurial with business sense should buy brad out and organize this business professionally before brad goes completely bonkers and/or kicks the bucket and everything is landfilled.  The clock is ticking...

You can't buy what someone is not willing to sell.  Trust me - there have been multiple people trying to just fix the website, for free, for twenty years.  It all falls on deaf ears, so sadlt, it has remained this way, and seemingly will continue to.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, 1200XL M.U.L.E. said:

@cathrynm Careful here. Sometimes he limits your order to 3 items or less and you can't submit 3-item orders every day. ? So, pace yourself with a monthly plan or something. 

Lol. He clearly has you whipped. I’m nobody’s bitch. I Laugh how all of you who put up with his bs do so to kiss ass so you can get parts. Pathetic really. Have you no respect for yourselves?  You do have rights as a consumer you know...

Edited by YSG2020
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, Stephen said:

You can't buy what someone is not willing to sell.  Trust me - there have been multiple people trying to just fix the website, for free, for twenty years.  It all falls on deaf ears, so sadlt, it has remained this way, and seemingly will continue to.

The way brad treats customers borders on illegal though.  He’s very likely going to get sued. 

• Haha 2
  • Confused 2

45 minutes ago, YSG2020 said:

The way brad treats customers borders on illegal though.  He’s very likely going to get sued. 

I seriously doubt that anything he does is even remotely illegal. He can choose who to do business with and how. I don't think he's ever cheated anyone, so I can't imagine what grounds anyone would have to sue him.

If there's one thing I've learned watching our political climate over the past year it's that those that are always talking about how they have rights, usually don't seem to realize that others do too, even if, or maybe especially when, they seem to conflict with the rights of others.

Edited by bfollowell
  • Like 8

17 minutes ago, bfollowell said:

I seriously doubt that anything he does is even remotely illegal. He can choose who to do business with and how. I don't think he's ever cheated anyone, so I can't imagine what grounds anyone would have to sue him.

If there's one thing I've learned watching our political climate over the past year it's that those that are always talking about how they have rights, usually don't seem to realize that others do too, even if, or maybe especially when, they seem to conflict with the rights of others.

People have the right to be treated fairly, with decency, honesty, ethically, respectfully, and kindness in business and in life.  Brad outright abuses many of his customers, just because he feels he can, so he does depending on his Nutty mood of the day.  He’s an ornery old fool who’s been sniffing Harmful electronics off gassing chemicals for too many decades in that chaotic warehouse. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

54 minutes ago, YSG2020 said:

People have the right to be treated fairly, with decency, honesty, ethically, respectfully, and kindness in business and in life.  Brad outright abuses many of his customers, just because he feels he can, so he does depending on his Nutty mood of the day.  He’s an ornery old fool who’s been sniffing Harmful electronics off gassing chemicals for too many decades in that chaotic warehouse. 

Sure, everyone has the right to those things, but there are no laws dictating it. There's no grounds for a law-suit. If I'm running a business, I can be a dick to everyone if want and treat them like crap and disrespect them all I want. I'd not be breaking any laws other than the laws of common sense for treating my customers poorly and likely running my business in the ground.

I don't disagree with your sentiment. I just disagree that Brad has done anything at all even remotely illegal or suit-worthy. I think you're a little deluded as far as what you seem to think the law actually protects you from.

Edited by bfollowell
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, bfollowell said:

Sure, everyone has the right to those things, but there are no laws dictating it. There's no grounds for a law-suit. If I'm running a business, I can be a dick to everyone if want and treat them like crap and disrespect them all I want. I'd not be breaking any laws other than the laws of common sense for treating my customers poorly and likely running my business in the ground.

I don't disagree with your sentiment. I just disagree that Brad has done anything at all even remotely illegal or suit-worthy. I think you're a little deluded as far as what you seem to think the law actually protects you from.

You are incorrect. Here is the law in California where this business resides:

business owners cannot refuse service based on arbitrary reasons outside of the protected classes. Instead, reasons must be legitimate enough to hold up in court. In general, refusal of service is justified in cases where a customer’s presence interferes with the safety and well-being of other patrons and the establishment”

Brad’s arbitrary mean Discrimination and denial of service to people for no reason , who are in good faith seeking goods and service he is advertising and has engaged in, does in fact likely break the law. 

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1