IGNORED

atari2600land's Blog - A better game.

RSS Bot

So I had a chance to stay up late. I was bored. So I decided to work on Ten Pest some more. I made the alien shoot at you. And he follows you. Shooting at the UFO's missile makes it but not the UFO disappear. Do you get a (brief) chance to shoot the UFO while it's not shooting? Take a shot! The highest score I could get on this version was 2,000. But there's no variety yet. But now I don't know whether I should make some aliens not shoot at you or follow you because that might make the game too easy. I found this really great alien shooting sound effect while messing around with the sound registers.

This morning I also made it so the UFO follows you around while shooting at you. This will be the hardest UFO type to avoid, and since all of them are this type in today's version, that's why I got a low score. But perhaps your reflexes are quicker than mine. I'm not even done with the game yet, but I am surprised at what I've done so far and it hasn't even been a week since I started on it yet. I guess it just goes to show you what you can do when you have no life.

But one thing I wish for is feedback. Nobody has given me ANY. I get all frustrated and wonder if it's even good enough to continue working on without it. But I guess I will continue with the project since it seems to be busywork for me.

http://atariage.com/forums/blog/168/entry-14436-a-better-game/