IGNORED

Rubber feet creep!

7800fan

I swear every time I look under the console when I dust my stuff, at least one of the console's feet had somehow moved around. Just now my Intellivision 2's feet somehow moved sideway almost 4 inches from original spot. Before that, the feet off my Commodore 1541 somehow ended up under my Commodore 128D. My 128D had not moved for a few years and the feet was on the disk drive when I dusted them last a year ago.

Some older joystick controllers like NES Advantage also have the feet creep. Any suggestion or idea? Gremlins moving it around? And what's usually a good replacement brand that I can get to replace feet that has gotten lost or the glue no longer works?

I think it depends on the case, feet seem to not move when the case has an indention for the feet to stick in, but when the device is flat, the feet move. I can see on devices with moving parts, like vibration causes them to shift. Probably won't notice on a day to day basis, but over weeks, months and years, they could move quite a bit.

I swear every time I look under the console when I dust my stuff, at least one of the console's feet had somehow moved around. Just now my Intellivision 2's feet somehow moved sideway almost 4 inches from original spot. Before that, the feet off my Commodore 1541 somehow ended up under my Commodore 128D. My 128D had not moved for a few years and the feet was on the disk drive when I dusted them last a year ago.

Some older joystick controllers like NES Advantage also have the feet creep. Any suggestion or idea? Gremlins moving it around? And what's usually a good replacement brand that I can get to replace feet that has gotten lost or the glue no longer works?

I had some made for the NES Advantage and NES Front Loader Console if either is useful to you