IGNORED

Got the mouse working finally (well half at least)

The SNES mouse was designed to work on specific SNES games that were preprogrammed to work with it (ie. Mario Paint). They didn't design it so up/down/left/right directionals emulate the standard controller d-pad directionals. That's why you can't move in any of the games you're playing. I'm actually kinda surprised you got the button to work in Jungle Hunt. That is interesting.

Now, the Japanese Nintendo 64 mouse actually does emulate the analog stick of the standard N64 controller. See the video below. If you take your bohoki PC 15 pin to 5200 controller adapter and connect an Innovation Playstation/N64 to PC 15 pin controller adapter to it, you might have success getting mouse movement.

Edited by ave1

You mentioned that before. But since the buttons worked I thought I would share. Was weird the buttons worked.. Bur only in jungle hunt. No missle command or frogger or space invaders. Jungle hunt only how odd.

The mouse buttons work like the normal controller buttons even though as ave1 said the directional motion requires special programming support, but mouse buttons likely Use a similar but unique output and the jungle hunt game coincidently supports them along with the normal button trigger programming. Maybe the programmer copied code from something that had both mouse and joystick support when he made jungle hunt so it had both outputs.

i hate to say it but i think the only way one could get a mouse to work would be to have the system think its a trackball

i have experimented in using pin 12 instead of pin 9 with digital joysticks i just hesitate to attempt that method with the pc controller adapting capacitors as i am not sure how the console would react i dont think it would do any harm but i am not sure

but i really think the solution is to add a spdt switch to the adapter to select pin 9 or pin 12 without the system in tracball mode it will always just return to center when you stop moving the mouse

it would be so easy but i glued them up so to mod it you would need to use a little knife or just use the soldering iron to melt the glue away from the pin 9 and pin 12 just disconnect the wire from pin 9 (console connector) attach it to the center contact of the switch then add spare wires to the other 2 contacts of the switch and attach them to the pin 9 and 12 contacts

but like i said do this at your own risk no warranties expressed or implied assume all comments are from a raving lunatic and should be given appropriate reliance

i hate to say it but i think the only way one could get a mouse to work would be to have the system think its a trackball

i have experimented in using pin 12 instead of pin 9 with digital joysticks i just hesitate to attempt that method with the pc controller adapting capacitors as i am not sure how the console would react i dont think it would do any harm but i am not sure

but i really think the solution is to add a spdt switch to the adapter to select pin 9 or pin 12 without the system in tracball mode it will always just return to center when you stop moving the mouse

it would be so easy but i glued them up so to mod it you would need to use a little knife or just use the soldering iron to melt the glue away from the pin 9 and pin 12 just disconnect the wire from pin 9 (console connector) attach it to the center contact of the switch then add spare wires to the other 2 contacts of the switch and attach them to the pin 9 and 12 contacts

but like i said do this at your own risk no warranties expressed or implied assume all comments are from a raving lunatic and should be given appropriate reliance

The commodore 1350 mouse should transmit joystick properly through a nine pin and couple Amiga/Atari/C64 based adapters will convert a PS/2 mouse to 1350 joystick mouse output and the Wellingham adapter converts a Playstation mouse to 1350 output. Although, not sure if there is an adapter to hook it to the wiimote, but they should work directly hooked up to the MasterPlay Clone, although an adapter or two would be necessary to get the pin order right..