IGNORED

Odyssey 2 Atlantis goes for big money on E-Bay

metarog

I was tracking this just to see what it would go for but never imagined it would go for over $500! This is just one auction but does this supplant Power Lords as the rarest or most sought after O2 game?

https://m.ebay.com/itm/ATLANTIS-ODYSSEY-2-VIDEOPAC-RARE-VIDEO-GAME-COMPLETE-IN-BOX-CIB-GREAT-CONDITION/122868799651?_trksid=p2504926.m5232.l9681

I was tracking this just to see what it would go for but never imagined it would go for over $500! This is just one auction but does this supplant Power Lords as the rarest or most sought after O2 game?

https://m.ebay.com/itm/ATLANTIS-ODYSSEY-2-VIDEOPAC-RARE-VIDEO-GAME-COMPLETE-IN-BOX-CIB-GREAT-CONDITION/122868799651?_trksid=p2504926.m5232.l9681

I'm with you. I was shocked. Christmas bidding war to get that special something for a collector? Or is this the new Odyssey² Spiker?!?!? :)

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah that was a sniping war between two guys who both sniped with a "screw you I'm buying this" bid. The guy who ended up with it is one of the co-hosts of the Collector's Quest podcast (Tyler). He talked about it on their last episode. He was expecting to pay much less and just put in the ~$500 price so that he didn't lose out by a few bucks because it was the last one he needed for his set and had been stuck on that spot for months. Hilariously, he ended up scoring a second one a few days later for around $55.

Edited by callidus