IGNORED

Draconian - Thoughts

ZillaRUSH

WOW...what an awesome game! I thought Space Rocks was tough to beat for the 2600...gameplay is sweet!!!! Love all the versions and you can even set a sector to start on. Kudos AA!! Game of the Year!!

My thoughts are that I want it bad but don't want the box. I could basically buy a whole other homebrew for what the nice box costs. :(

This game looks awesome and it will eventually be in my collection!

• Like 1

My thoughts are that I want it bad but don't want the box. I could basically buy a whole other homebrew for what the nice box costs. :(

Just put out the extra $20 for the cardboard or you'll be waing a loooonngg time...

My 2 cents. Also come with a cool poster! ;-)

• Like 1

I'm with you to a point BUT there are certain homebrews I absolutely want CIB and the Spiceware games are certainly in that category.

I'm with you to a point BUT there are certain homebrews I absolutely want CIB and the Spiceware games are certainly in that category.

That's my point though. I don't own Space Rocks which is only $5-$10 more than the Draconian box itself costs (going by box upgrades being around $20).

I already have limited space too (I have a decent sized comic collection and don't need all my videogames taking up anymore than what they currently do).

So while they are really nice, they do nothing for gameplay which is my main reason for getting the games. I have comics that I would rather ogle than an Atari box. :D

I got my after PRGE boxed copy from AA at the beginning of last week. Finally opened it up to put in some play time on Christmas day. About 3-4 hours later... I've decided this is one of my favorite homebrew games released on the 2600, likely will do a video review on it and really wonder what kind of reception it would have gotten had something like it been released back in the day. It is a great game and highly addictive.

An incredible accomplishment! There should be a programmer, homebrew of the year contest. The people who make these games deserve more recognition.

I like "homebrew of the year"; However "programmer" is tricky because sometimes a lot of people end up being involved.

Draconian:

I did the majority of sound effects, music, speech.

The idea and sprite artist was Nathan.

The main assembly and C code was SpiceWare.

The second coder was Thomas J.

The bankswitch format was CD-W (who also added code suggestions), SpiceWare and batari.

Then sometimes the artwork is someone else. In this case it was Nathan.

Albert puts out the money for box orders, cart and end label, manuals, assembles and ships them.

Kosmic (I think) suggested a randomized level.

And I'm sure there were others.

Without suggestions, Space Rocks wouldn't have the "friction" option of your player slowing down to a stop or keep on going; Scramble and Super Cobra wouldn't have a "star field" had I not suggested it because it was initially thought there wouldn't be time to update the ball object, but turns out the kernel already contained ball positioning per scanline.

• Like 2

Yeah with my limited space and budget I could do without all cib games.

Sometimes I have to get the box cause it is the only way. Other times the box means dont buy costs too much. Baggie games would be the best. All I need is a board and label kit. Plenty of shells from dupes. That would be the cheapest.

Yes!!! My manual just arrived (purchased my CIB at PRGE and the manuals were not available) and it is brilliant! Excellent work Nathan :thumbsup: The manual, box and label are top notch.

Thanks again to Darrell and everyone involved for making this game possible. Its already been said, but I'll say it again, its hard to believe that this game is capable of playing on a 2600. This really is the complete package. :-D

post-21941-0-02493200-1514666007.jpg

• Like 5

Looks like a haynes repair manual.

https://www.google.ca/search?q=rabbit+diesel+chiltons&client=ms-android-bell-ca&source=android-browser&dcr=0&prmd=sivn&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiS-oT4-rLYAhVHyWMKHVAHDp8Q_AUICigC&biw=360&bih=512&dpr=3#imgrc=u689qhz1z0pUuM:

Thats because they must have used it as a template. Recognized that in a fraction of a second.

Many hours reading and swearing at old junk.

• Like 2