IGNORED

Problem loading disk images in AspeQt with SIO2PC/10502PC Dual USB v 3.3

Spanner

Problem loading disk images in AspeQt with SIO2PC/10502PC Dual USB v 3.3 on Windows 10..

When I plugged the SIO2PC/10502PC Dual USB Device into my PC,Windows 10 installed it own drivers from FTDI and called it a USB Serial Port.

When trying to read a ATR image in AspeQt it would change the port speed from 19200 to 57600(x3) and not load the disk.if you look at the led lights that are red and green on the device they don't light up at all as its reading.

Is Windows 10 compatible with this,dose anyone know,cos mine is not working.

Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17025.rs_prerelease.171020-1626

Log from AspeQt...

[Disk 1] Mounted Basic Games 01.atr as 1120 sector SD HardDrive (140k)

Serial port speed set to 19200.

Emulation started through standard serial port backend on 'COM7' with NO handshaking

Unmounted disk 1

Image size of 'E:/Apps2/Atari Compilations/Space Invaders.atr' is reported as 9216 bytes in the header but it's actually 4608.

[Disk 1] Mounted Space Invaders.atr as 36 sector SD HardDrive (5k)

Unmounted disk 1

[Disk 1] Mounted Spanners Atari Mulitboot disk 3b.atr as SD Diskette (90k)

Serial port speed set to 57600.

[Device $ff] command: $ff, aux: $ffff ignored.

[Device $ff] command: $ff, aux: $fdff ignored.

Those first couple error messages sound like you have some invalid .atr files. The last one sounds like Your Atari can’t handle the 3X speed setting. Do you have a high speed OS patch on your Atari that can handle the faster than standard SIO speed? Try setting speed to 19,200 and see how it goes.

I suggest you double check your handshake settings... also if possible try Respeqt...

also if the dongle has weird protections in it as has happened in the past change the firmware... make sure if dongle has a switch that it is in the correct position..

Yes I did,it only uses DSR handshake ,and no different, still does the same thing.If I change it to CTS it don't do a thing,.nothing comes up

Its dead...ah well... :( like my drive then.anyway thanks for the help,I don't know If these have a guarantee,when you buy these but I did get it in 2016,but it should be still working only had it for about a year.

Edited by Spanner

huh? like your disk drive also? what sio devices do you have that are working?

maybe this device your trying to use is an issue and has killed the SIO port

If I'm reading what you are saying correctly....

Please make sure your sio port pins are not spread apart,bent or broken.

also please remember... the hunk of junk is not like an Atarimax device or devices with manual switches...

It must be connected to just the Atari all by itself.... or just a disk drive all by itself...

Edited by _The Doctor__

The power supply went on my disk drive,I did have it plugged into it at the time,I have a data recorder as well that uses the same PSU,I only have one,Both Item don't work so got to fix the PSU now. All my pins are ok and straight.

Edited by Spanner

The power supply went on my disk drive,I did have it plugged into it at the time,I have a data recorder as well that uses the same PSU,I only have one,Both Item don't work so got to fix the PSU now. All my pins are ok and straight.

The 9VAC power supplies Atari used have an internal fuse. The case on most are glued together, but the seam at the bottom can be carefully broken open in order to replace the blown fuse.

• Like 1