IGNORED

Anyone Planning Any New Projects for 2018?

DavidMil

My project(s) for 2018:

1= Stay alive!

2= Learn an instrument. Being able to play some simple tunes is ok.

3= Re-learn to draw. I have that nice pen display to practice on.

4= Learn C and ASM on the Amiga. Long term goal.

5= Stay sane!

All in all, I'll be satisfied if I can complete #1 and #5

For #2 I suggest the ukuele - I fell in love with that silly thing about 15 years ago and haven't looked back. It's amazing how much fun you can have with just four strings. Most chords are two fingers, and you can play so much music with just a handful of chords. It's small and light enough to travel with easily and will bring a smile to everyone who hears you play. The world would be a better place if more people played the uke! :)

• Like 3

• finish my 400 SCCC PAL conversion / RAM upgrade

play M.U.L.E. with my kids on a PAL Atari 400

restore an 800 Mitsumi keyboard (thus creating a working spare 800)

clean my study to allow permanent installation of an Atari setup

which would include setting up a video switch to allow playing a Jag, a 7800 and a Megadrive) on the same TV

restore 2 1200XL keyboards and convert at least one 1200XL to PAL

change the mylar in a 65XE

install various enhancements that are stored away before they become too valuable as collectibles

find time to set up all my 8-bits at once as an "Atari Personal Computer" exhibition

connect an Amiga I got from a widow to a VGA monitor and explore it

same for an LCIII Mac from the same source

do more 3D printing projects and learn how to better setup our printer

actually set up a C128 and a BBC Micro which I bought out of curiosity for these machines

do some Atari programming, actually coding some ideas I have had for a long time, including a full-scale Action! program

do something with 65C816 assembly and try to use my Veronika coprocessor cartridge

find time to do some of the above without neglecting my family (including avoiding putting stuff like cutting kids school performance videos on the back burner) and generally avoiding retrocomputing habits that could lead to a divorce

don't despair when realizing that this is more of a decade worth of stuff given my other commitments

• Like 8

• finish my 400 SCCC PAL conversion / RAM upgrade
  • play M.U.L.E. with my kids on a PAL Atari 400
  • restore an 800 Mitsumi keyboard (thus creating a working spare 800)
  • clean my study to allow permanent installation of an Atari setup
  • which would include setting up a video switch to allow playing a Jag, a 7800 and a Megadrive) on the same TV
  • restore 2 1200XL keyboards and convert at least one 1200XL to PAL
  • change the mylar in a 65XE
  • install various enhancements that are stored away before they become too valuable as collectibles
  • find time to set up all my 8-bits at once as an "Atari Personal Computer" exhibition
  • connect an Amiga I got from a widow to a VGA monitor and explore it
  • same for an LCIII Mac from the same source
  • do more 3D printing projects and learn how to better setup our printer
  • actually set up a C128 and a BBC Micro which I bought out of curiosity for these machines
  • do some Atari programming, actually coding some ideas I have had for a long time, including a full-scale Action! program
  • do something with 65C816 assembly and try to use my Veronika coprocessor cartridge
  • find time to do some of the above without neglecting my family (including avoiding putting stuff like cutting kids school performance videos on the back burner) and generally avoiding retrocomputing habits that could lead to a divorce
  • don't despair when realizing that this is more of a decade worth of stuff given my other commitments

My list could be as long too, if I start including what I'm doing in building my home regarding my office and man-cave...but then I'm single, so no need for me to worry about divorce, etc. :D

• Like 2

For #2 I suggest the ukuele - I fell in love with that silly thing about 15 years ago and haven't looked back. It's amazing how much fun you can have with just four strings. Most chords are two fingers, and you can play so much music with just a handful of chords. It's small and light enough to travel with easily and will bring a smile to everyone who hears you play. The world would be a better place if more people played the uke! :)

That is Steve Martin's favorite instrument too (and the Banjo). I saw him in concert a year ago. He can really play!

David

Edited by DavidMil
  • Like 2

I will be working on two 1088XELs one PAL, one NTSC.

Im also building a website, its a long term project that is progressing very slowly due to the volume of new content its generating and the scale of my ambition. I think I may have bitten off more than I can chew but Im enjoying it.

Side project, only semi Atari related is getting to grips with mac programming in swift.

• Like 2