IGNORED

What have you ACTUALLY played tracker - Modern Edition (2018)

Here are my times for this past week (April 2th through 8th) on modern systems:

Android:

Crazy Taxi: City Rush - 91 min. in 7 sessions

Twitch:

Stockstream - 108 min. in 2 sessions

I continued to play "Crazy Taxi: City Rush" on Android. By now I'm through 5 of the 7 missions of the "Hills" level, so 2 missions left.

Stockstream has reopened under new management. However, the gameplay has been vastly simplified. You're now only able to vote among several optinos of what to buy or sell, and the operator of the game often executes more trades than those that are actually there for the players to vote on.

No picture or writeup at this time since I'm not feeling all that great today, but here's my household's times for the week just to get them submitted.

Ineligible
Centipede (Arcade, Played on Midway Presents Arcade's Greatest Hits: The Atari Collection 1 for PlayStation) - 6 minutes

Centipede (Atari 8-Bit Computers) - 24 minutes

Crystal Castles (Arcade, Played on Midway Presents Arcade's Greatest Hits: The Atari Collection 2 for PlayStation) - 20 minutes
Defender (Atari 8-Bit Computers) - 4 minutes
Donkey Kong (Atari 8-Bit Computers) - 43 minutes

Marble Madness (Arcade, Played on Midway Presents Arcade's Greatest Hits: The Atari Collection 2 for PlayStation) - 18 minutes

Millipede (Arcade, Played on Midway Presents Arcade's Greatest Hits: The Atari Collection 2 for PlayStation) - 16 minutes

Missile Command (Atari 8-Bit Computers) - 4 minutes
Pac-Man (Atari 8-Bit Computers) - 13 minutes

Super Breakout (Arcade, Played on Midway Presents Arcade's Greatest Hits: The Atari Collection 1 for PlayStation) - 14 minutes

Nintendo 3DS

Resident Evil: Revelations - 226 minutes
StreetPass Mii Plaza - 19 minutes

Xbox One
Alien: Isolation - 362 minutes
DOOM - 614 minutes
Super Lucky's Tale - 254 minutes

Total Play Time This Week
1,637 minutes (27 hours 17 minutes) [1,475 minutes eligible]

Individual System Play Times This Week
Xbox One: 1,230 minutes
Nintendo 3DS: 245 minutes
Atari 8-Bit Computers: 88 minutes
Arcade: 74 minutes

Here are my times for this past week (April 9th through 15th) on modern games...

Android:
Crazy Taxi: City Rush - 84 min. in 7 sessions

In Crazy Taxi: City Rush, I've completed all missions except for the last one, and I still need some upgrades to be able to finish it, but that next motor upgrade isn't far away.

The modern tracker appears to be have been abandoned, but I'll toss in my household's times for the week anyway. As usual the full writeup can be found here in the Classic Gaming Tracker. :)

6MQjisj.jpg

Ineligible
Donkey Kong (Atari 8-Bit Computers) - 7 minutes
Pac-Man (Atari 8-Bit Computers) - 61 minutes
Super Mario Bros. 3 (NES, Emulated on Nintendo Wii) - 659 minutes

Nintendo 3DS
StreetPass Mii Plaza - 9 minutes

Xbox One
Alien: Isolation - 1,297 minutes

2,033 minutes (33 hours 53 minutes) [1,306 minutes eligible]

Xbox One: 1,297 minutes
NES: 659 minutes
Atari 8-Bit Computers: 68 minutes
Nintendo 3DS: 9 minutes

Edited by Jin

The modern tracker appears to be have been abandoned, but I'll toss in my household's times for the week anyway. As usual the full writeup can be found here in the Classic Gaming Tracker. :)

6MQjisj.jpg

Ineligible

Donkey Kong (Atari 8-Bit Computers) - 7 minutes

Pac-Man (Atari 8-Bit Computers) - 61 minutes

Super Mario Bros. 3 (NES, Emulated on Nintendo Wii) - 659 minutes

Nintendo 3DS

StreetPass Mii Plaza - 9 minutes

Xbox One

Alien: Isolation - 1,297 minutes

2,033 minutes (33 hours 53 minutes) [1,306 minutes eligible]

Xbox One: 1,297 minutes

NES: 659 minutes

Atari 8-Bit Computers: 68 minutes

Nintendo 3DS: 9 minutes

Unfortunately I seem to have taken on too much with work and other projects to be able to keep up with this :( unless someone else feels up to taking over (its more work than it seems) Im afraid that the tracker wont get updates anytime soon :/

Unfortunately I seem to have taken on too much with work and other projects to be able to keep up with this :( unless someone else feels up to taking over (its more work than it seems) Im afraid that the tracker wont get updates anytime soon :/

Life is like that sometimes, biting off more than you can chew. I'll take over running the tracker if you like. I can update it every Tuesday or Wednesday, sometimes Monday evening if I have a slow day. I don't know jack squat about using spreadsheets so I'd be tracking all the times and records manually but I think I'm up for the challenge, unless there's someone else who is really gung-ho about running the tracker.

Edited by Jin
  • Like 3

Here are my games for this past week (April 16th through 22th) on modern systems...

Android:

Crazy Taxi: City Rush - 78 min. in 6 sessions

Arcade:

Dolphin Star - 3 min.

Non-Eligible:

Stockstream - 4 min.

Online:

Jelly Mario - 11 min.

This week I played a bigger assortment of games while waiting for the assets of my deceased mother to be sorted out by the judge.

I visited the "Prater", the famous Viennese amusement park this week to see what's new, and it also has got some arcades, although not nearly as much as 20-30 years ago. There I played "Dolphin Star", and I actually wonder if I should feel guilty for playing this since it's a video game conbined with a kiddie ride. The ride moves in a constant rocking motion while the game is in progress and stops as the game is over (and it's clear it's made for kids, not adults, though there is no such thing posted). In the game you play a dolphin in a 3D environment trying to catch as many starfish and bonus items as possible, and the game closes with a boss battle. I also played a racing game whose name I forgot for a few minutes just to test what it's got in store since it also appeared to be moving, but there's only a bit of rumble on the steering wheel and a bit of shock on your seat.

In "Crazy Taxi: City Rush", I managed to complete the last regular mission, but there are still the medal missions to be completed.

I called Stockstream non-eligible because it has ceased to be a game... when I got in again this week, I couldn't see any voting options anymore, so all you can do is watch somebody doing his daytrading routine.

Finally, Jelly Mario is a take on Super Mario Bros. where everything's quite elastic, and Mario actually moves forward by rotating rather than running and jumping.

• Like 1

Here's my household's times for the week, and as usual you can find the full writeup about the week's gaming activities here in the classic gaming tracker thread. :)

7QsJpke.jpg

Ineligible
Breakout (Atari 2600) - 43 minutes
Commando Raid (Atari 2600) - 24 minutes
Frogger (Atari 2600) - 45 minutes

Kirby's Dream Land (Game Boy) - 34 minutes
Ms. Pac-Man (Atari 2600) - 105 minutes
Pole Position (Atari 2600) - 81 minutes
Super Breakout (Atari 2600) - 60 minutes
Super Mario Bros. 3 (NES) - 319 minutes

Nintendo 3DS
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D - 388 minutes
StreetPass Mii Plaza - 18 minutes

Nintendo GameCube
Star Fox Adventures - 64 minutes

Nintendo Wii
Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles - 807 minutes

1,988 minutes (33 hours 8 minutes) [1,277 minutes eligible]

Nintendo Wii: 807 minutes
Nintendo 3DS: 406 minutes
Atari 2600: 358 minutes
NES: 319 minutes
Nintendo GameCube: 64 minutes
Game Boy: 34 minutes

• Like 1

Here are my times for this past week (April 23th through 29th) on modern systems...

Android:
Crazy Taxi: City Rush - 73 min. in 7 sessions

I continued to play "Crazy Taxi: City Rush" even after making all the main missions, because I've still got some more missions to go until the platinum medal in the Hills district.

• Like 2

Well... fudge. I now understand very well why Iwantgames couldn't keep up with maintaining the tracker. I thought it would be pretty quick and simple to tally and add up the stats for every week to bring us up to speed, but it turns out it's not fast or simple at all. I spent 3 hours on it this week and didn't even get through the first 2 weeks of the year, and seeing as how we're already 17 weeks into the year I think it would be an insurmountable task for me to bring the tracker up to speed and maintain it.

I was really hoping I'd be up for the project and be able to run the Modern tracker from here on out, but it just proved to be too big of a task for me. My apologies to everyone participating but it looks like with no one to run it the Modern tracker is done for the year.

Edited by Jin

It's okay Jin and Iwantgames. I'm still gonna log my minutes and put them in here with my usual short writeups. Even if no one is counting, I still like reading about other people's playtime and writing about my own. This is all for fun. Not meant to be work. :)

So... on with the times...

Online/MMORPG/Whatever

Everquest - 303 min (Didn't play as much this week. My revisiting of this classic may be coming to a close as I'm just kinda getting tired of it again. The server I've been playing on is a "Time Locked Progression" server. They started the server off with just the original game, then at certain intervals, they unlocked the content that each expansion offered. This last week, they got to the Planes of Power expansion. It is going to be the last major expansion for this server. I went and rediscovered my old account and my old characters are still there. But I just don't have much interest in playing them any more. Oh well.)

Playstation 3

Pier Solar - 78 min (This is a "new" RPG that is made to be like an old 16-bit RPG. There was a version made and put in an actual Sega Genesis cartridge if I remember correctly, and it also came out on several other older consoles. The PS3 version has some upgrade visuals (mainly just backgrounds it seems) and music, but the story and gameplay are, I think, the same. It has a typical JRPG type storyline so far... your father is ill and the doctor is out of town, so you take it upon yourself to go find some herb that might help, but of course the only place it grows is some dangerous cave that your mother has forbidden you to go to... I'm not far into the story yet, but I can see where it's going. I'm not too happy with the control. It does that thing where, when you walk into something, you kind of slide around it. It annoys me because it feels like I can't interact with things properly. Did I slide around that box because it's just part of the scenery and it's nothing special or did I slide around it because my button press to investigate/open it didn't register because I wasn't in the right spot because I was sliding... anyway... it seems okay, but don't know how long it'll hold my interest. We'll see.)

XBox One

Forza 6 - 239 min (Inspired by Digdugnate's finishing of the racing series in Forza 7, I went ahead and finished the racing series in Forza 6. I still need to do three endurance races, and about three other "showcase" races to have done pretty much everything in the non-expansion pack single player game. Those three showcase races are still locked... hoping they will unlock when I do the endurance races. Those endurance races are rough to get through. One race may last a couple hours, so I have to plan accordingly.)

post-21069-0-68761600-1525062244_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Well, in case it helps Jin, Iwantgames or anyone else, I spent an hour or so to tally up the stats so far. Making a list of most played games each week is very easy. Making a week of most played systems may require more hand work, but the total number of games listed aren't very many each week. This is by the way the same basic spreadsheet that Thegoldenband uses for the classic tracker.

This is an Excel 2007+ spreadsheet.

whyp-modern-2018.zip

Column A: System

Column B: Game

Column C: Total (formula)

Column D-T: Times per week (this week is column T by the way)

In order to add new games, you either could insert rows at column A, or add them at the bottom. Remember to copy the formula in column C to get the total sum. Afterwards you might want to sort the table based on the current week minutes, and then sort it again based on system and game name to simplify adding new results.

• Like 1

Anyway, I can post top lists for the past few weeks.

Week 12

Top games

1. PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds (Xbox One) - 1339 min

2. Shadow Tactics (PS4) - 1215 min

3. DOOM (Xbox One) - 1144 min

4. Super Lucky's Tale (Xbox One) - 859 min

5. Bravo Team (PS4 VR) - 300 min

6. Dead Space (Xbox 360) - 297 min.

7. Crazy Taxi: City Rush (Android Phone) - 85 min.

8. Resident Evil: Relevations (3DS) - 82 min.

9. Lumines (PSP) - 77 min.

10. Fated (PS4 VR) - 45 min.

Top systems

1. Xbox One - 3342 min

2. PS4 - 1215 min

3. PS4 VR - 345 min

4. Xbox 360 - 297 min

5. 3DS - 147 min

6. Android Phone - 85 min

7. PSP - 77 min

8. Gamecube - 30 min

I don't know if PS4 and PS4 VR should be counted separately, previously it seems to have been both separately and together...

Week 13

Top games

1. EverQuest (PC) - 1001 min.

2. PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds (Xbox One) - 691 min.

3. Dead Space (Xbox 360) - 554 min.

4. Star Fox Adventures (Gamecube) - 110 min.

5. Crazy Taxi: City Rush (Android Phone) - 100 min.

6. Lumines (PSP) - 78 min.

7. The House of the Dead: Overkill (Wii) - 74 min.

8. Resident Evil: Relevations (3DS) - 60 min.

9. Alien: Colonial Marines (PS3) - 30 min.

Top systems

Same as above, only one game per system!!

Week 14

Top games
1. PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds (Xbox One) - 746 min.
2. DOOM (Xbox One) - 614 min.
3. Alien: Isolation (Xbox One) - 362 min.
4. Super Lucky's Tale (Xbox One) - 254 min.
5. Resident Evil: Relevations (3DS) - 226 min.
6. Stockstream (Twitch) - 108 min.
7. Crazy Taxi: City Rush (Android Phone) - 91 min.
8. StreetPass Mii Plaza (3DS) - 19 min.

Top systems
1. Xbox One - 1976 min.
2. 3DS - 245 min.
3. Twitch - 108 min.
4. Android Phone - 91 min.
Week 15
Top games
1. Alien: Isolation (Xbox One) - 1297 min.
2. PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds (Xbox One) - 1173 min.
3. Forza Motorsport 7 (Xbox One) - 300 min.
4. Ni Ni Kuni 2 (PS4) - 214 min.
5. Crazy Taxi: City Rush (Android Phone) - 84 min.
6. StreetPass Mii Plaza (3DS) - 9 min.
Top systems
1. Xbox One - 2770 min.
2. PS4 - 214 min.
3. Android Phone - 84 min.
4. 3DS - 9 min.
Week 16
Top games
1. Resident Evil: Darkside Chronicles (Wii) - 807 min.
2. PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds (Xbox One) - 629 min.
3. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D (3DS) - 388 min.
4. Crazy Taxi: City Rush (Android Phone) - 78 min.
5. Star Fox Adventures (Gamecube) - 64 min.
6. StreetPass Mii Plaza (3DS) - 18 min.
7. Jelly Mario (Browser based?) - 11 min.
8. Stockstream (Twitch) - 4 min.
9. Dolphin Star (Arcade) - 3 min.
Top systems
1. Wii - 807 min.
2. Xbox One - 629 min.
3. 3DS - 406 min.
4. Android Phone - 78 min.
5. Gamecube - 64 min.
6. Browser based - 11 min.
7. Twitch - 4 min.
8. Arcade - 3 min.
Total stats for the so-called 1000 minutes club so far *:
1. PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds (Xbox One) - 11853 min.
2. Destiny 2 (Xbox One) - 4386 min.
3. Pokémon Ultra Sun (Nintendo 3DS) - 4158 min.
4. Fortnite (Xbox One) - 3158 min.
5. Resident Evil: Relevations (Nintendo 3DS) - 2066 min.
6. DOOM (Xbox One) - 1758 min.
7. Alien: Isolation (Xbox One) - 1659 min.
8. Overwatch (Xbox One) - 1586 min.
9. CS:GO (Steam) - 1480 min.
10. Crazy Taxi: City Rush (Android Phone) - 1455 min.
11. Forza Motorsport 7 (Xbox One) - 1440 min.
12. Everquest (PC) - 1304 min.
13. Shadow Tactics (PS4) - 1215 min.
14. Super Lucky's Tale (Xbox One) - 1113 min.
15. Tomb Raider: Anniversary (Nintendo Wii) - 1070 min.
* Including already posted minutes for the current week.
Despite a rather moderate turnout of the modern tracker so far, it has produced roughly one member of the 1000 minute (17 hour) club per week. PUBG as it otherwise is known has taken a big lead and might turn out into the modern equivalent to Kaboom! on the Atari 2600.
Edited by carlsson
  • Like 2

Woah Carlsson! You're some kind of bookkeeping wizard! :o I might have to see if I can find a free Excel compatible program for my Mac to use that spreadsheet system with, because doing it all manually was taking me a small eternity and I wasn't getting anywhere with it. Too bad you're not more into modern gaming or I'd suggest you takeover running the tracker, because you did a darn fine job bringing us up to date!

While I'm not too sure where the tracker is going to go in terms of who will be running it from this point on, I'll still toss in my household's times for the week as per usual. :)

Uv4GPhK.jpg

Ineligible

Centipede (Atari 8-Bit Computers) - 26 minutes
Pac-Man (Atari 8-Bit Computers) - 38 minutes
Super Breakout (Atari 8-Bit Computers) - 16 minutes

Nintendo 3DS
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D - 733 minutes

Star Fox 64 3D - 127 minutes

StreetPass Mii Plaza - 8 minutes

Nintendo GameCube

Star Fox Adventures - 164 minutes

Nintendo Wii

Metroid Prime Trilogy - 146 minutes
Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles - 527 minutes

1,785 minutes (29 hours 45 minutes) [1,705 minutes eligible]

Nintendo 3DS: 868 minutes
Nintendo Wii: 673 minutes
Nintendo GameCube: 164 minutes
Atari 8-Bit Computers: 80 minutes

• Like 2

Week 17

Top games

1. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D (3DS) - 733 min.

2. PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds (Xbox One) - 723 min.
3. Resident Evil: Darkside Chronicles (Wii) - 527 min.
4. Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus (Xbox One) - 343 min.
5. Everquest (PC) - 303 min.
6. Forza 6 (Xbox One) - 239 min.
7. Star Fox Adventures (Gamecube) - 164 min.
8. Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles (Wii) - 146 min.
9. Star Fox 64 3D (3DS) - 127 min.
10. Pier Solar (PS3) - 78 min.
Unusually, there were more than 10 different games played so Crazy Taxi didn't qualify for the list this time.
Top systems
1. Xbox One - 1305 min.
2. 3DS - 868 min.
3. Wii - 673 min.
4. PC - 303 min.
5. Gamecube - 164 min.
6. PS3 - 78 min.
7. Android Phone - 73 min.
The Xbox One regains the #1 spot after dropping to 2nd place last week.
  • Like 3