IGNORED

Legend of Silverpeak RPG

23 hours ago, Ecernosoft said:

Props to the great gfx! How are you doing this? It looks like 160A but it has more than 4 colors per row. Are you using multiple indirect mode sprites?

It's all 160A, I didn't do anything out of the ordinary.  Some static images that appear to be sprites may actually be part of the background tiles. You're welcome to look at the source code.  To be honest, I'm not sure what you mean by multiple indirect mode sprites.

10 hours ago, SmittyB said:

That reader utility is such a good idea. I might have to copy it for future projects as a debug / cheating tool.

Thanks SmittyB.  I was thinking the same thing when I threw that together - it would be easy enough to create a Savekey writer utility to modify settings or cheat in a game as well.

1 minute ago, Atarius Maximus said:

It's all 160A, I didn't do anything out of the ordinary.  Some static images that appear to be sprites may actually be part of the background tiles. You're welcome to look at the source code.  To be honest, I'm not sure what you mean by multiple indirect mode sprites.

What I mean is using more than one Indirect mode sprite per line to get more colors.

It's like having color zones- each zone can have it's own color.

Like color cells but more limited.

13 minutes ago, Ecernosoft said:

What I mean is using more than one Indirect mode sprite per line to get more colors.

It's like having color zones- each zone can have it's own color.

Like color cells but more limited.

Ah, I see what you mean.  No, I'm not doing anything like that in this game.

• 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...
On 7/14/2022 at 2:56 PM, Atarius Maximus said:

Karl G posted a fixed version that works with the Dragonfly, however I don't know what he did to fix it so I'm not sure what to change for Dragonfly compatibility.

Actually, what I posted was an attempt to fix the save functionality (which didn't work). Now that you have fixed it yourself, I tried loading the 1.01 version on my Dragonfly, but it doesn't seem to work (yellow screen). I'm curious if anyone else has gotten the 1.01 version of the game (with the save fix) working on their Dragonfly?

Edit: I was wrong. I believe my issue was corrupt data on the SaveKey due to previous attempts to save games before the issue was fixed. I switched from my SaveKey to my AtariVox, and I was able to save/load just fine.  Woot!

• Like 2