IGNORED

Replay Pass - Initial Hype/Interest Check Thread!

Hey guys,

New Year, New Projects.

I wanted to start this thread just to get some hype or at least interest check for Replay Pass.

What is Replay Pass?

Replay Pass is a online store that is planned to launch in the Summer of 2018 or so. The Store will be accessible only to paid members who will pay a yearly subscription.

The Benefits?

The benefits would be access to all Piko Interactive releases at 40-50% off the MSRP, as well as retro gaming products in general. We hope to offer Retro Bit and Hyperkin products (may be Yobo and Gamertek too) at wholesale/distributor prices, without needing to buy large quantities. So you can buy 1 unit of a product at wholesale price. Other benefits would be RETRO Magazine included on your membership. Free Steam Keys (1 game per month). We will also import consoles from OEM factories. Basically these are factories that produce console, products, and accessories, etc and offer re-branding to companies that order large enough quantities. The product inwards are 1:1 to popular products without the actual brand, so sometimes they end up to be more affordable.

If we can get other retro publishers to sell at wholesale to us, that would be included, same for any plug and plays produced etc.

Basically anything retro that we produce, we can get or we can buy, a member would have access at wholesale price in single quantities.

I see this serving working for all those retro gamers that well, buy retro gaming products through the year, and would pretty much be able to save some money by having a subscription, along to store owners that sometimes don't want to buy large quantities of a product, but want to carry it.

If we can think of other benefits, or you have any other suggestions, comments or questions they are welcomed!

It's probably not for me.

I will say "whole sale" pricing does sound good but then you have to figure out how much is the membership plus shipping and so on. For people who regularly buy your games it may be a benefit but that all goes back to cost of membership. Then again is MSRP what you actually sell your games for or not? If you sell games for $50 regularly but claim they have an msrp value of $80 that would not really be a deal.

I think more specific information should be given and yes I always look for the "hidden details" as past experiences have proven that deals are usually not as good as initially pitched.

• Like 1

It's probably not for me.

I will say "whole sale" pricing does sound good but then you have to figure out how much is the membership plus shipping and so on. For people who regularly buy your games it may be a benefit but that all goes back to cost of membership. Then again is MSRP what you actually sell your games for or not? If you sell games for $50 regularly but claim they have an msrp value of $80 that would not really be a deal.

I think more specific information should be given and yes I always look for the "hidden details" as past experiences have proven that deals are usually not as good as initially pitched.

For Piko games, the highest REGULAR pricing would be $54.99 (this is Jaguar games) So anywhere from $34.99-54.99 this is in regards of our games. Other games the publisher sets the MSRP, and for consoles, accessories etc, the manufacturer sets that.

For for example, Atgames consoles I think MSRP is $44.99, lets say wholesale is $22; they would be $24.99 plus shipping for members. And there would be incentives like Free shipping if on orders total of X or more etc.

Edited by PikoInteractive
  • Like 1