IGNORED

What have you actually PLAYED tracker for 2018 (Season 11)

Here's the summary for Week 46, running from November 12 - 18. We logged 3531 minutes of eligible play, playing 68 games on a total of 12 systems.

Top 10:

1. Super Metroid (SNES) - 634

2. Clan Lord (PC (Windows 95/98)) - 300

3. Mouse Trap (Atari 2600) - 257

4. Tiny Toon Adventures: Buster's Hidden Treasure (Genesis) - 220

5. Solar Fox (Atari 2600) - 167

6. H-Tron (VTech Laser 500) - 145

7. Defender (Atari 2600) - 129

8. St. Nick (TI-99/4A) - 120

9. Crazy Taxi (Dreamcast) - 115

10. Kaboom (Atari 2600) - 107

Pre-NES top 10:

1. Mouse Trap (Atari 2600) - 257

2. Solar Fox (Atari 2600) - 167

3. H-Tron (VTech Laser 500) - 145

4. Defender (Atari 2600) - 129

5. St. Nick (TI-99/4A) - 120

6. Kaboom (Atari 2600) - 107

7. Ms. Pac-Man (Arcade) - 65

8. Draconian (Atari 2600) - 63

9. Flying Shark (TI-99/4A) - 53

10. Cave Creatures (TI-99/4A) - 45

10. Video Vegas (TI-99/4A) - 45

Top 10 systems:

1. Atari 2600 (983)

2. SNES (634)

3. TI-99/4A (565)

4. PC (Windows 95/98) (310)

5. Genesis (289)

6. VTech Laser 500 (180)

7. Dreamcast (177)

8. Arcade (162)

9. Sega CD (104)

10. Atari 7800 (89)

Once again the Atari 2600 is the top system, but it's a game for the SNES that puts the last Metroid in captivity, leaves the galaxy at peace, and is this week's individual #1.

The real surprise, though, is that the VTech Laser 500 grabs a spot in all three charts, mainly thanks to H-Tron. With a fun game in their library, even the humblest systems can have their day!

The 1000-minute club also gains two new members, as Sonic CD for the Sega CD (1009 min. logged to date) and Galaga on the Atari 7800 (1023 min.) grab spots #341 and #342 in that rather crowded house.

• Like 9

ATARI 2600:

Asterix - 30 minutes

Kangaroo - 188 minutes

Pepsi Invaders - 13 minutes

ATARI 7800:

Pac-Man Christmas 2018 - 29 minutes

If you want more infos about this game, check out this thread: http://atariage.com/forums/topic/284986-pac-man-christmas-2018/

EVIDENCES OF THE WEEK:

1) My best score obtained on Kangaroo for 2600 NEW HSC Season 8, Week 7. Played on my ProSystem console, using Polyvox cartridge.

post-24681-0-01790500-1543093422_thumb.jpg

post-24681-0-56205900-1543093463_thumb.jpg

post-24681-0-62512900-1543094030_thumb.jpg

2) My gameplay footages recorded for this week: 2600 Asterix, Kangaroo and Pepsi Invaders, and 7800 Pac-Man Christmas 2018 (all on emulators).

Edited by oyamafamily
  • Like 6

Atari 2600

Lady Bug 80 minutes

Juno First 30 minutes

Circus Atari 20 minutes

Freeway 70 minutes

Boing! 30 minutes

Atari 7800

Robotron 2084 140 minutes

My wife started a new job this week working 5pm-9pm, so me and the kids are getting some game time in together. Also, it’s really cold in Duchesne this time of year. It’s really nice playing with the Supertwin 78 with my kids. We are also having a great time taking turns playing Robotron. I’m surprised how good my son is.

Edited by adamchevy
  • Like 7

Atari Jaguar:

1. Protector SE - 380 min

Neo Geo CD:

1. Aero Fighters - 56 min

2. Aero Fighters 3 - 42 min

3. Andro Dunos - 39 min

4. Bang Bang Busters - 20 min

5. Iron Clad - 122 min

6. Ghost Pilots - 88 min

7. Metal Slug - 136 min

8. Neo Mr. Do! - 75 min

9. Neo Turf Masters - 55 min

10. Overtop - 35 min

11. Pulstar - 110 min

12. Puzzle de Pon! - 48 min

13. View Point - 31 min

Vectrex:

1. Bedlam - 20 min

2. Pole Position - 38 min

3. Release - 63 min

4. Scamble - 60 min

5. Stamash Zone - 42 min

6. Star Hawk - 66 min

7. Vector Patrol - 75 min

• Like 8

Here are my times for this past week (November 19th through 25th) on classic systems...

Atari 2600:

Chaotic Grill (WIP) - 10 min.

Atari 7800:

Not a Pac-Man game (WIP) - 12 min. in 2 sessions

UFO!Genesys - 3 min.

I replayed Chaotic Grill for a bit since its author, Splendidnut, has posted another update slightly improving the steering part.

Not a Pac-Man game is a space game which Baby Blue Azure posted on the Atari 7800 Baby Pac-Man thread, but it's incomplete in that the player can't die. UFO!Genesys is an earlier version of it which also has no sound.

• Like 8

Times for the week. All Atari 2600.

Another big paddle week got me.

Breakout 68 mins.

Eggomania 43 mins.

Kaboom 17 mins. Earned s patch for first time on this game with score of 3481.

Super Breakout 26 mins.

Video Olympics 13 mins.

For the HSC

Defender 20 mins.

Kangaroo 49 mins.

Popeye 17 mins.

Also

Dodge’em 26 mins.

Solar Fox 264 mins.

Taz 7 mins.

Good week. All fun.

• Like 6

My times...

TurboGrafx-16

Psychosis - 45 min (Watched a streamer play a bit of Paranoia (the PCE version) and decided to get mine out and play a bit. Back in the day, I completed the first loop with one man. My best run this time was getting about half way through the fifth stage with one man.)

Ninja Spirit - 9 min (A fun ninja game. Similar to something like Revenge of Shinobi or Ninja Gaiden, but much easier.)

Legendary Axe - 14 min (Just messing around with this one... played until my first death. Died at the boss of Zone 3. Don't usually have too much trouble with them, but couldn't get the timing right.)

Sega Saturn (emulated)

Gunbird - 35 min (So I was talking to someone about how I wished I had a Sega Saturn Arcade stick and a way to convert it to USB so I could play some shooters and stuff on my laptop, when I remembered I have a PS1 arcade stick and a PS/PS2 to USB adapter. So I played some Gunbird, on my laptop, with an Asciiware PS1 arcade stick. That joystick is not in top form... the joystick feels off... like it's broken or sticking or something, but it still works. I took it apart one time, but didn't see anything obviously wrong with it, so I put it back together. oh well... Gunbird is a Japanese title. It is a vertically scrolling shooter with several cartoonish/anime type characters to choose from. They each have different weapons and speeds and such. I chose the one that looks like a witch on a broomstick for my play this time around, but there's one that looks like a cross between a robot and a pot belly stove that I've used in the past. Fun game, but can get pretty hectic (as all shooters should).)

Arcade (emulated)

1941 Counter Attack - 20 min (An excellent game. Another vertically scrolling shooter, set in the titular year, and the World War that was going on. I really like the 1943 NES game, and this is no different. There are some hard parts... the screen scrolls in all directions in some levels and there are sections where you are having to maneuver through tight passages with enemies firing at you from behind... this was made to munch quarters though...)

Bosconian - 10 min (Played through until my first game over. Playing this with the PS1 joystick setup described above. This will now become my preferred way to play Bosconian. Don't remember what level I got to, but my high score was 66600. lol)

Twin Hawk - 5 min (Another vertically scrolling shooter with a WWII theme. Much harder than 1941. Will have to try some more later, I'm sure.)

Neo Geo (emulated)

Metal Slug - 40 min (I'm pretty sure this was emulated through MAME, but it's a Neo Geo game, so I put it in a separate section. It was emulated as an arcade game, with having to enter credits and such, so who knows. I've always liked the Metal Slug games even though I suck at them. I have probably played this one the most, but still have to brute force my way through it with a lot of simulated quarters. It was while playing this that I noticed how off the sound was on my setup. I had my laptop connected to my TV via HDMI. I have a Samsung sound bar, but noticed the sound was lagging behind the video. I quit playing for a while to figure out how to adjust the delay on the sound bar, and that ran into another thing and to another thing... so I quit playing for the day. Now I'm fighting other demons with MAME so I can get more games going.)

• Like 7

Sonic 2 - Genesis - 30 minutes

Heroes & Shadows - 2600 - 0 minutes

Clan Lord - PC - 220 minutes

Ookma-Kyi - PC - 300 minutes

NEWS

-----------

Ookma-Kyi: Held a big meeting today to decide the games fate on wither it will continue in it's current incarnation or will ultimately be redone from scratch. By meeting i mean more playtesting and chaos while video chatting on my private development slack. [emoji14]

Heroes & Shadows: The cloud vm that contains the source has ultimately crashed and the cloud provider has not responded to my ticket to try to figure out what it will take to get it back up. This could be due to the holidays which is why there's a big fat 0.

Heroes & Shadows

https://heroesandshadowsgame.neocities.org

• Like 6

My times for the week: still nothin'. Too much to do and to worry about, and playing games just doesn't feel like the right thing to do right now.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You know... the world's not gonna end if you don't compile times for a week or two - which I guess takes a lot of time as well. It won't even matter in the grand statistical scheme of this long-term tracker. Just take time off, as much as you need.

• Like 7

I always like weeks like this one, when I get to use the whole slew of Sega Genesis controllers I've collected over the years. :)

KLj5Vug.jpg

Atari 2600
Kangaroo - 32 minutes
Popeye - 14 minutes

Game Boy
Dr. Mario - 49 minutes

Game Boy Color
Shanghai Pocket - 28 minutes

Sega Genesis
Alien 3 - 258 minutes
B.O.B. - 256 minutes
Galaxy Force II (Emulated on Nintendo Wii) - 29 minutes
Golden Axe II - 39 minutes
Pitfall: The Mayan Adventure - 30 minutes
Primal Rage - 122 minutes
Sonic Spinball - 100 minutes
Zero Tolerance - 189 minutes

Super Nintendo
Super Metroid - 90 minutes

Total Video Game Play Time This Week
1,236 minutes (20 hours 36 minutes) [1,236 minutes eligible]

Individual System Play Times This Week
Sega Genesis: 1,023 minutes
Super Nintendo: 90 minutes
Game Boy: 49 minutes
Atari 2600: 46 minutes
Game Boy Color: 28 minutes

With a whole bunch of new Genesis game pickups arriving in the mail this past week we ended up breaking out just about every Genesis controller we own; the only one that stayed in the drawer was the Konami Justifier light gun since I didn't have occasion to play any Lethal Enforcers or Lethal Enforcers II. The rest saw a lot of action though, with my favorite classic 3-button controller getting put to good use playing B.O.B., Golden Axe II, Sonic Spinball, and Zero Tolerance. I had a great deal of fun playing all of them, though the first-person shooter Zero Tolerance was definitely my favorite for the week since it's just such a unique game for the Genesis and a really astounding achievement from a technical standpoint.

The 6-button joypad was put to use playing one of the few Genesis games that support the extra buttons, Pitfall: The Mayan Adventure, and I also had rare occasion to break out the 6-button arcade stick for Primal Rage; since there's not really any other controller that game can be effectively played with due to the need to hold down all sorts of odd button combinations to perform special moves. I spent just about all of my free time on Thanksgiving day playing Primal Rage and beat it a few times over. I also busted out the Wii Classic Controller to try out the Genesis game Galaxy Force II via emulation early in the week before I decided to put down the money for a real physical copy, which should be arriving in the mail later today.

For the misses' gaming time this past week she put her 3-button Genesis arcade stick to good use playing the ever living daylights out of Alien 3, and while she wasn't able to beat the game she still had a great time playing and said that it was probably the closest thing there is to the Aliens arcade game on a home console and just an all around excellent arcade experience. Her only complaints were being restricted to 9 credits max and no continues, since even on Easy difficulty it's not hard to burn through all your credits rather quickly and Alien 3 is a surprisingly long game. She also logged a bit more time in Super Metroid via emulation and is getting pretty close to finishing it I think.

The only other games that were played around here this past week were Kangaroo and Popeye for the Atari 2600 High Score Club, and a couple Game Boy / Color games that I had some free time to enjoy while I was on the bus. Looking ahead to next week I think I'll be trying to beat Zero Tolerance on the Genesis and the spousal unit will likely be finishing up her play through of Super Metroid, but past that I don't think either of us have any firm plans for what to play. I should probably get back to Metroid Prime on the Wii, since it is one of my all time favorite games and it would be nice to log some time for the modern gaming tracker next week, but we'll see how the week goes.

Until next time and as always, best wishes and happy gaming to you and yours. :)

Edited by Jin
  • Like 6

You know... the world's not gonna end if you don't compile times for a week or two - which I guess takes a lot of time as well. It won't even matter in the grand statistical scheme of this long-term tracker. Just take time off, as much as you need.

That's kind of you to say, thank you. :) It's been a tough 5-6 weeks, but so it goes.

Fortunately it really doesn't take too long to do the stats -- about an hour, give or take -- and I tend to do them while multitasking (typically on the phone with friends or relatives who need a check-in, or sometimes while watching TV).

• Like 6