IGNORED

RXB

9640News

Rich,

I was reading some of the threads on here and I am just now starting to grasp some of the capabilities you have made.

As you know, I have been predominantly a Geneve user, but I do have a TI-99/4A system. That system has a Finalgrom99, Myarc HFDC, Myarc 512K card, and a TI RS232.

My question for you is this. Will RXB give me any additional memory capability with the Myarc 512K card? Larger programs? More assembly language DF80 code space, etc?

I am trying to understand where I personally may be able to utilize those capabilities for myself should I explore doing or modifying something on the TI side of things.

Thanks for any feedback.

Beery

Myarc Memory cards are not supported.

Sorry but they were not a popular or as widely sold as the SAMS (AMS memory card 128K/512K/1 Meg)

also now there is a 4 Meg SAMS card too. RXB supports all of these versions.

RXB game I wrote (IN THE DARK) could use up to 960K of SAMS memory thus that made a huge map for the game.

RXB fully supports Hard Drives with XB calls of FCOPY (file copy), MKDIR (make directory), CAT or DIR (Directory of disk/hard drives)

and RENAME (renames directories or files or disks)

For RS232 RXB has some very special features not found anywhere else: CALL IO allows you direct CRU input/output for access to

all PBox Expansion cards like a demo video recently showed using RXB and CRU access to a weather station using a XB program.

RXB 2015 (REA) also has a brand new Editor Assembler that uses a Setup routine to set all paths for Editor/Assembler including a

built in Directory that runs Program Image (EA5), XB, Load and Run (EA3) and RXB runs TI Basic programs faster then TI Basic.

MEMORY so with 960K of available Assembly space in RXB I think you are covered.

Oh RXB has a SAMS loader for all that space called CALL BLOAD and a save utility call BSAVE and here is a demo:

• Like 3

Thanks Rich. Much appreciated for the information.

One question for you, and this is more for informational purposes only with respect to the MKDIR function.

Are you using the HFDC DSR to create the directory? I ask because on the TI side of things, the DSR did not follow what was in the HFDC manual. There was a two byte difference, and as I recall, the manual provided two bytes so one could recursively determine the calling directory. I am fairly sure this was a DSR issue and not a MDM5 issue. On the TI, the DSR lacked this. With the Geneve, they implemented that capability.

The only difference was that if you created a subdirectory with MDM5, you could not remove it except with MDM5 on a Geneve due to this issue.

Beery

Myarc Memory cards are not supported.

Sorry but they were not a popular or as widely sold as the SAMS (AMS memory card 128K/512K/1 Meg)

also now there is a 4 Meg SAMS card too. RXB supports all of these versions.

RXB game I wrote (IN THE DARK) could use up to 960K of SAMS memory thus that made a huge map for the game.

RXB fully supports Hard Drives with XB calls of FCOPY (file copy), MKDIR (make directory), CAT or DIR (Directory of disk/hard drives)

and RENAME (renames directories or files or disks)

For RS232 RXB has some very special features not found anywhere else: CALL IO allows you direct CRU input/output for access to

all PBox Expansion cards like a demo video recently showed using RXB and CRU access to a weather station using a XB program.

RXB 2015 (REA) also has a brand new Editor Assembler that uses a Setup routine to set all paths for Editor/Assembler including a

built in Directory that runs Program Image (EA5), XB, Load and Run (EA3) and RXB runs TI Basic programs faster then TI Basic.

MEMORY so with 960K of available Assembly space in RXB I think you are covered.

Oh RXB has a SAMS loader for all that space called CALL BLOAD and a save utility call BSAVE and here is a demo:

I should add very impressive demo video!!!

Beery

• Like 1

Thanks Rich. Much appreciated for the information.

One question for you, and this is more for informational purposes only with respect to the MKDIR function.

Are you using the HFDC DSR to create the directory? I ask because on the TI side of things, the DSR did not follow what was in the HFDC manual. There was a two byte difference, and as I recall, the manual provided two bytes so one could recursively determine the calling directory. I am fairly sure this was a DSR issue and not a MDM5 issue. On the TI, the DSR lacked this. With the Geneve, they implemented that capability.

The only difference was that if you created a subdirectory with MDM5, you could not remove it except with MDM5 on a Geneve due to this issue.

Beery

I am not sure but I was told by people that had a HFDC that it worked and also worked on the SCSI and IDE cards.

• Like 1