IGNORED

Escape from North Korea (GAME)

Omega-TI

If you were going to make a game called, "Escape from North Korea", what kind of game would it be?

Would it be:

A graphic based game with guard towers, landmines, and other traps in your trek across the DMZ or would it be a text adventure where you have to bribe NPRK guards and use your wits?

There are many ways one could TRY to escape the North in a game situation, especially on a limited retro-computer, but you cannot cover them all. Land & sea routes of a limited and direct route seem to make more sense in a game environment than all the additional real-life scenarios that are actually more successful.

Comments, input?

• Like 1

If you were going to make a game called, "Escape from North Korea", what kind of game would it be?

Would it be:

A graphic based game with guard towers, landmines, and other traps in your trek across the DMZ

Sounds like a clone of BERLIN ...

When I found it, I first thought, hey, a game about Germany. Shortly later, after playing, I felt sad for the people who lost their lives - in the real world. The scenario shown in the game is, unfortunately, a piece of history.

• Like 1

Sounds like a clone of BERLIN ...

When I found it, I first thought, hey, a game about Germany. Shortly later, after playing, I felt sad for the people who lost their lives - in the real world. The scenario shown in the game is, unfortunately, a piece of history.

Let´s say, it´s fortunately history now.

Just a warning against becoming political.

Edit: Remember this is an international forum.

You know, I actually thought about that, then I got to thinking, considering how repressive that regime is, it's doubtful that anyone from North Korea will be on AtariAge to take offense. Besides, I've never met anyone who would publicly come out against the rights of the oppressed.

Since it's a game, I'm wondering how 'out there' it should be. Remember how Hogan's Heroes framed the opposition?

• Like 2

Please point out North Korean supporters, so we can ban them. Thanks.

If AtariAge has political opinions, then please ban me.

Edit: Hmm, I can see from your profile that you're only 15 years old so I don't expect you know much about politics, but every conflict has two sides, and this is not the place to make a stand.

• Like 2

Just a warning against becoming political.

... every conflict has two sides, and this is not the place to make a stand.

Yes, I agree.

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/267055-new-to-the-group-ti-994a-faq-hardware-and-software-resources-read-first/

Forum Rules:

Please read and understand the following rules. We reserve the right to ban any member who violates our guidelines or disrupts our community. We will be fair and provide warning in most cases. If after being warned a member continues to engage in the behavior he or she was warned about, the member will lose his or her posting privileges.

Politics and Religion

Since reasoned discussion of politics and religion rarely seems possible on the internet, please do not start such discussions here. We've allowed it in the past, but such threads just fall apart quickly and everyone ultimately gets pissed off at one another. In addition to forum threads, please also do not add political/religious remarks or images to your signature (if you have one), your profile, and/or your profile photo. Also, do not use Status updates to espouse your political and/or religious views. Any such posts/profile/signature/status updates will be subject to removal without warning. Continued refusal to abide by this policy may result in a permanent ban from the forum.

Edited by sometimes99er
  • Like 2

I bet Kim Jong-Un is basing his air defense strategy on the 2600 version of Missile Command...

Or, if he does fire a nuke, it can randomly break up in the atmosphere, go astray, hit Japan and you get assistance from the retaliation support, the missile hits a random plane either on its launch or re-entry, wipes out a ship inadvertently when it goes astray, missile goes up and falls back down and explodes at the launch pad, he tests a nuke and blows off the top of his mountain dusting his own people.

Might also add they crap their pants, fertilize their garden with the excrement, and then get eaten by worms..........

One could have a lot of fun with this one.

Unfortunate for his people though in this repressive regime.

Beery

An inversed tower defense, you're already inside the building and must run away while the army is shooting at you.

Every new level you have points to shield up the civilian (or boost the speed or fight back) while the AI have more units to add on the map.

This is about a game. Should we refrain from discussions about Wolfenstein or Civilization due to the political stance the player take. What about strategy or wargames?

Hell, even World of Warcraft is political...

There is no game or even a game in the making. As I see it, the topic starter has shown no intent of making a game. Makes somewhat of a difference to me.

If this is allowed, we could see hundreds of topics suggesting whatever under cover of being an idea for a game. I don't suppose this is what you really want ? ;)

There is no game or even a game in the making. As I see it, the topic starter has shown no intent of making a game. Makes somewhat of a difference to me.

If this is allowed, we could see hundreds of topics suggesting whatever under cover of being an idea for a game. I don't suppose this is what you really want ? ;)

As you see it.

And there are plenty of thread about game ideas already, this is just one more. That you don't like the theme is your own personal problem. I have a few wargames projects that I'm working on, do I've to run them by you first?

Please point out North Korean supporters, so we can ban them. Thanks.

If AtariAge has political opinions, then please ban me.

Edit: Hmm, I can see from your profile that you're only 15 years old so I don't expect you know much about politics, but every conflict has two sides, and this is not the place to make a stand.

Woh, I'm not getting this. CPUWIZ is a moderator ? This must be some kind of a joke. :(

• Like 1

I actually thought it sounded like a reasonable idea for a game.

Simple solution.

Change the name of the game.

Haven't you ever seen or play Medal of Honor, Battlefield Vietnam, 1942, etc etc...

Or is this a Denmark thing? Seriously, I'm confused at why such rage over this?