IGNORED

ROMs for use with LTO Flash?

I'm looking to purchase an LTO Flash in the near future and was wondering if there a thread or web page being maintained that lists the ROMs available (specifically homebrews) for use with the LTO Flash cart? I didn't specifically see one in my searches.

I have both the Intellivision Lives and Rocks CDs so I have most of the Mattel/Intv ROMs covered Plus, I've also purchased a few ROM images from Carl in the past. I looking more for homebrews I've missed out on throughout the years that are either freely available or available for a purchase.

Thanks!

• Like 1

I think the Intvfunhouse has a good running list... as well as Intelivision Revoultion.

Also check back here often as some of the Devs toss out some freebies now and then... which WE LOVE!!

Welcome to the forum!

I was just seeing if there was an aggregate thread containing the information or not as it would be more concise for everyone.

I've been on the forums for awhile. It's just been a long time coming for me to actually pull the switch on the flash cart (since I've pretty much abandoned the quest for the 125). I think my wife would rather us be one payment closer to owning our house than me owning a boxed copy of Spiker. ;)

• Like 1

Yeah, it'd be nice if someone smarter (and with more free time) than me would put together the definitive list. Even if it's just a bunch of links to other sites, or various AA forum threads. We've had probably a dozen free ROMs released in the past year. Of serious, commercial-level games. Plus several dozen smaller hobbyist projects since IntyBASIC was first released.

dunno if that helps but i collected most (if not all) homebrews and IntyBASIC projects i found here, in the inty developers thread on Yahoo and from other unnamed sources.

it took me some time and certainly i like to share them, but i'm not sure if everybody feels comfortable with spreading them, especially the developers demos which are often really no games.

intentionally i liked to bundle them with JZINTV and the mini***.bin (as far as they work with them)

however

let's list the more recent ones with comment (SDK-1600 projects not included) and you can comment what you think is clean.
post-41280-0-69645200-1515936961.gif

"homebrews" (as far as they aren't IntyBASIC, i'm not sure if all are sorted the properly, i have no idea but is it possible to suppress the IntyBASIC title screen? and the recognizing as IntyBASIC by JZINTV?):

Off Topic:

- Burger Time Level Editor (create your own BT using this simple text based editor)

- New Burger Time Levels, David Harley (who is responsible for the editor)

- My Sport Games hacks (i simply cut the playing time down, makes it more fun to play a match, especially for Soccer because 2*45min are very long and i would score easy about 30 goals against the machine (usually up to ten in 30mins), if you play them emulated i recommend a speed x1.5 to get more out of it -- flag -r#.# for jzintv, therefore i created a new hack for which i "extended" soccer to 2x20mins instead 2x15mins, still i score to easy but faster the game will scroll ugly).

Demos (where you can't do much except to watch them):

- Dancing Baby, PG Lewis (nice one you can watch it and it feels cool)

- BotzTalk, GroovyBee (whatever, a demo)

- FunBags, GroovyBee (erm.. umm...)

- Nyan Cat, GroovyBee (demos, demos, demos, but that's a nice one even when the music stumbles)

Games or incomplete games (i sorted them under homebrews with no "branding"):

- Mars Mini Teaser, GroovyBee

- Robot finds Kitten, Intylab (that's a nice little game, i like it)

- Rocketeer Teaser Rom#1, GroovyBee (erm...)

- RunnerZ, Josue (i didn't tried out this one yet)

- Deep Zone, artrag (promising!)

- Princess Lydie, Marco Marrero (i didn't played yet)

- Baroudeur (AC2013) (i noted "carlsson" but i'm not sure A.C. could be anders carlsson (or Arnauld Chevalier, or it means simply "after christs birth" who knows?) but it could be anything like this demo could be anything, it's one i noticed a couple of years ago when homebrews was still rare compared to now. no real game, it's an unfinished attempt).

- Ship, fsuincc (asteroids, the version i recently got has no collision detection, thus it's "unplayable")

- Space Versus, Marco Marrero (i haven't played that but it looks fine)

- WizWar, fushek (i'm not sure if this isn't IntyBASIC, however i have to try this one first)

post-41280-0-35311200-1515936008.gif

(the ship is a attempt to recreate the players vessel from "Galaxian", it was made for Pioneer Space Sim, to me it looks pretty much like the one in the game. i have a lot of spaceships to re-use, i could fill easy a hangar with them)

DSA:

- Intellipongola (i still like this one).

- IStar (nice puzzle, no scoring but nonetheless it's a cool game, imho one of the most entertaining homebrews)

- Press8 (haven't played this for real, looks confusing, i don't like numbers..... without meters, potatoes or anything which has a value ;) )

Elektronite (a few demos, i don't know how far i'm allowed to spread them, links will be a option):

- Caves of Croz Demo (leech all - play none ;) )

- Defender of the Crown Prototype

- Match 5 Demo (again something i won't play, numbers? again?)

Impossible Things (free for download at ImpossibleThings, but not to be spread):

- D1K (Donkey Kong arcade, recommended cool game, it would worth a little fee even for the binary, you can donate)

- Ms. Pac-Man (yet another brilliant reissue)

Intelligent Revolution (they are even free to download at IntelligentRevolution or linked in this forum, not allowed to spread):

- Copter Command

- "Laser Sharks" resp. "Moon Blast", (two versions exist? damned i mixed up something, however same gameplay)

- Missile Domination

- Ultimate Pong

Intelligentvision (nonetheless, but not all, visit their site, not all are still available like they was still in 2013):

- Tag-Along Todd (original a SDK-1600 demo, enhanced by David Harley, quite cool, sad that the voice is hanging).

- Same Game & Robots (you can get them as well from the Authors site)

the rest i didn't listed here, check out their site, who knows more rom images will vanish if they are once physically released (e.g. "SpaceCunt" isn't available anymore, but what you got - you got).

they hold some interesting unreleased games like, "Illusions" which is a great concept.

John Doherty (these was difficult to get, some i got from the Yahoo! developers group, some are Demos of "what the heck is this?"):

- Fire Girl vs. the Zombies (not a real game, many bugs, but nonetheless worth to try it)

- Old School, Old School high, Kid Robin Hood (in descending order, "Kid Robin Hood" was the working title for "Old School", dont' ask me where i got them from...).

- Frontier (this title is like magic to me, everything which is named "frontier" is of interest, but well i have no idea what this should be - "space - the final frontier" it isn't).

- Shape Escape (ahhh... a real game)

- Zombie Marbles (funny title, nice game)

Joe Zbiciak (JRMZ), i don't have to introduce him, nonetheless a couple of games and demos from the past:

- 4-Tris, Tetris (just to mention what everybody knows)

- Pong

- Lunar MP advertisement, (Space Patrol is a fine game and the release date of this demo shows how much time a game needs to be developed perfectly, you can do nothing but already the Inty logo in SEGA style is worth the shit, it only misses a female voice speaking "inty").

the rest i won't list here, they are widely spread and content of most emulators.

Arnauld Chevallier (never ask me where i found them i might not remember it, many i downloaded a couple of years ago):

- Inty O.S. (a not serious ment operating system for the intellivision, but i guess emulated it would be cool to extend the "Intyamp" to play more tunes, you can obtain it from his site)

- KChess (yes i'm mean, this was never released, you won't find it on his site and if i remember this right i got it from the Yahoo! dev. group.

- Mad Drivin' (similar as above, v.0.4 is playable but a bit boring without a goal, but damned yes it would be worth a game)

- Spirit (a demo in the spirit of the 80's, nice music - really and yes of course the 3D balls are supercool, from "knox.free.fr")

- Stack 'Em (hard to find, search for "mini games competition entries", it won't play proper in the latest release of JZIntv but runs fine on the real hardware).

- Stonix (an "arkanoids" clone, i found that really nice of him to release it digital, it's one of the best homebrews, very smooth controls - knox.free.fr).

decle (a lot of retro-retro stuff, uses the inty to emulate (better "simulate") other consoles of the aera):

- Li'l Bro ii (the little brother of intellivision, many card games not my choice but nonetheless they are worth a try)

- StudioVision (i must say i like them - all of them, unfortunately i have some issues with them and LTO Flash! i will post it in a diff thread).

post-41280-0-99168800-1515935255.png

LTO i don't have to list, if you own a LTO Flash you will know where to get the softs from.

Ryan Kinnen (not much, but much):

- Minehunter (somewhere you will find the full release)

- PSG Tinkerer (just for completeness, it's a developers toy to experiment with the PSG)

- Blob Art (no real game, more a demo, but as he stated a idea for a game, a sort of drawing program, can be entertaining, smooth "mouse arrow" control)

IntyBASIC SDK (that's a whole lot of stuff by various authors, some are part of the IntyBASIC showcase which i didn't list here, they are either entries to the BASIC competition or else IntyBASIC games you can find here, neither i listed the rest of physically released IntyBASIC games under their distributors name as they are free to download here and represent "WIP's" they might differ slightly to the released versions, some might not belong to IntyBASIC, please inform me):

post-41280-0-15733700-1515936963.gif

let's start with the "pro's"

- Flapee Bird (released by CollectorVision, author is unknown to me, i guess CollectorVision don't likes them to be spread, you can download it here)

- Smurf: Rescue in Gargamels Castle (released by Collectorvision, author is unknown to me. first i thought "what a silly game - typical Coleco" (i'm sorry) but well it's not that stupid, you have to give it a chance. i guess CollectorVision don't likes them to be spread, you can download it here)

the rest of the gang:

- 2048, nanochess (a puzzle of some sort, not my type of game, but i know opinions are like assholes...)

- Alligator Swamp!, carlsson (i haven't played it for real yet, but it looks nice)

- Apple Catcher, Kiwi (a game which even a 84 year old gran'ma will like)

- Area Fighter v5, Kiwi (nice one, even if i haven't played it much but i guess it's a good shump game).

- Bowl Bust, PuzZLeR (what was it? damned they are to many)

- Celeries Challange, atari2600land (a game for vegans)

- Classic Battleship, CrazyBoss (we waited such a long time for this, i remember i filled books with battleship grids as a child)

- Clowns & Balloons, Ghosts & Balloons, catsfolly (he developed a couple of nice little games, this one is really a nice concept)

- Crazybus, freewheel, (yes it's only a demo, enable voice)

- Snake, CS Snake, Mirror Snake, catsfolly (SNAKE - the most basic BASIC program (right after "lunar lander" controlled only by data)

- Doctor Chatterbot, Microlabs (vprette) (ok, i have no idea, it won't run proper)

- Goatnom, freewheel (a game! a game! sometimes the actor makes the act)

post-41280-0-08513400-1515939244.gif

- GoSub, atari2600land (really a game!)

- Hotel Bunny, Sebastian Mihai (a riddle to me why this was physically released, it's a game but you find better games in this list, much better).

- Intellibullet, Shalmezad (see that's a game, nice concept)

- Inty Lander, nanochess (a piece from the master, i like it, is that landing on jupiter? i mean the gravity is extreme. personal note, in fact it is hardest to approach and land on a tiny asteroid such as Ceres, with near to 0 gravity you have to match the curse and velocity of the body exactly if you like to land rough)

- Inty Pac, nanochess (but no masterpiece ;) )

- It's Snow Fun, unintelligent resolution (what is this? i guess he was mad about it -> "it's no fun". sort it under "april fools")

- Lunar Defense, Microlabs (won't go past the title screen, but i listed it nonetheless)

- Master Mind, Microlabs (give it a more boasting name like "Safe Cracker", "Decryptor", "Number Cruncher", "Bender's Nightmare". "Master Mind" is anyway a trademark of MB i guess).

- Mermaid, tuatara21 (speaking of better as... this is far better as "Hotel Bunny", addictive game and artwork. for this game i'm uncertain, it leaks of the IntyBASIC screen - notification but i thought i found it under IntyBASIC, but i can be wrong. PLEASE HELP!)

- null blaster 2, nanochess (this rom has no title, i named it "null blaster" cause you blast "0's" with a ">" as ship, i guess it's ment as tutorial.

- Number Blaster, Kiwi (interesting concept, distracting background)

- Oh, Mummy, nanochess (i have only peeped into it but it's well made)

- pINg!, freewheel (Pong in IntyBASIC)

- Robot Blast, catsfolly (known for tiny games which are fun to play)

- Secret Government Waffle Project, freewheel (in case the goat is on holidays and your spray can to whomp worms is empty you still have the secret waffle government)

- Simon4, Microlabs (vprette) (without "senso" it won't be complete)

- Slalom, carlsson (despite of "mountain madness" this is skiing, this is a must like for a swiss who was born almost on skis)

- Squirrel, nanochess (the fastest squirrel in the whole universe)

- Stickman, atari2600land (a generic jump & run as generic as it can be)

- Stunt Cycle, fsuincc (that's really a good game!)

- Super Pixel Bros. , catsfolly (yeah man! looks generic but offers much)

- Tic Tac Toe, Microlabs, CrazyBoss (both made a Tic Tac Toe, erm yes a tic tac toe)

- Tris, Microlabs (another tic tac toe, slightly advanced)

Inermission:

can you imagine tic tac toe in 3D? (three layers of tic tac toe grid) then the fun starts, you will miss i'm sure, we humans aren't good in orienting in 3 dimensions)

- Towering Inferno, GroovyBee (he is able to make nice games)

- Tramp(s), catsfolly (well that's an idea)

- Trollish Comment Generator, catsfolly (instead to produce trollish comments this routine of procedural generated stuff is a great point to start a game - be warned it could end up in something like "Pioneer Space Sim". I had many years ago a similar proggy for my miggy, it was named "Max Headroom" and similar to him it bla blahs a lot of garbled words).

- Tutorial Sample, Kiwi (the name of the game)

- Whale Hunt, emerson (i haven't played this yet)

- XBoneS (Xbox one Simulator), freewheel (i like this demo much, you won't "play" it everyday but certainly it puts a smile on your face "downloading 80GB" damned yes i thought "Pioneer" was to large with 300MB (most is graphics and sound) but i guess they fill all with FFFFFF just to use up all the GB for recent games, "you will have to buy xxx from us - har har". in the end the 80GB (of prerendered intermission scenes) are played in one weekend, such is games industry. compared to this "Super Pixel Bros." is a hit, any game or demo here is better as).

- Zyx2, atari2600land (really nice to play, good concept)

post-41280-0-84136200-1515944906.gif

i haven't searched the links, it has cost me a whole afternoon to put the list together, maybe i will search for the links on another weekend.

further you won't hear that often from me in the next couple of weeks.

i have to move home else i get problems with the communal service.

but this means i won't have no internet.

i have to solve this and also get me a new computer, my old XP machine is far to old and same is with my mothers macbook i can't upgrade it to OSX10.7.

i had for a brief time a Win7 machine, but it was such a cheap discounter model that it broke after a year.

i have a rampage3 board at home, but to make use of it i need the web, i need to know what power supply i need and where to conect the shit, it's a quite different layout as an old XT board.

off topic!

the "galactix" ship i posted above i re used for a SEUCK project of mine, i carefully shrinked and palettized the a couple of ships i created for "pioneer".

the result is "Eagle" with a hacked "GACK" palette to produce a little more as 128 colors.

Eagle OSX

Eagle.app.zip

Eagle Win32 (i'm not sure if this runs, it fails in Wine)

EagleWin32.exe.zip

somewhere here on atariage i will post the rest of the GACK projects i made, they are all in the spirit of the 80's even if the graphics are of much higher resolution as it was possible back then.

most are projects which won't run standalone, but i also have the intention to show off some projects.

might be one thinks "hey that's a good idea!"

in fact the concepts aren't new so don't expect anything else as shoot 'em up or jump & run.

but it matters a lot what you make out of the limited possibilities a SEUCK will give you.

since a SEUCK is very limited i guess parts of it can be taken for BASIC games, like how i created attack waves or bosses.

of "cyrapi" (piracy, it's a mean ripp off of R-Type) i'm in some sort very proud.

i guess i needed a week to find out how to animate the giant Giger (Alien) style monster.

first i liked to animate all, but then i found out this will exceed the capabilities of GACK, i can't chain objects or make a sort of rig (for the wiggling tail)

thus i came to something which might be familiar to some,

animated cards

the monster is in fact static made of 20 cards or so, each card animates his part of the screen (monster), finally the animation works and the tail covers the sensitive head (which of course slips into the body likewise the original)

thus instead to move the sprites i made for each sprite (card, the cards are quite large) a different animation out of a animation i created first as whole monster.

it's not as smooth animated as the original R-Type level boss, it was work enough even if the anim stutters, believe me.

dunno how the collision detection is for IntyBASIC, in GACK it's based on the foregrounds graphic thus what is transparent won't have collision detection.

however it's a way to animate a large level boss and to "chain" several "bones", respectively to let it look like.

funny i found nanochess' "Princess Quest"

i made two GACK projects using always the same graphics out of a repo, walls and floor tiles to be precise.

some are filled with skeletons which look quite like nanochess' ones, also the rooms look similar.

well we both will have seen that before, often, nonetheless i found this similarity funny.

ah well i have a large set of "borders" they are simple and quite small in size (32x32), with such a set you can make borders of any kind, water/land, desert/fertile.

i used them often, very often.

even if they are to large they can be used as a template how to create such a set of borders.

here's cyrapi (invulnerability on)

https://youtu.be/vXtKkGT81wI?t=4m14s

Edited by Gernot
  • Like 2

addition #1

IntyBASIC:

Meteor, nanochess

ah yes for a small fee you can download "Princess Quest" and "Space Raid" from nanochess, $9.90 each, they are more then worth this fee and i would wish more such would be made available to us "non collectors" who just like to play a game - emulated or via LTO Flash or similar.

Besides if one knows a adress where one can buy a rom image, please let us know this, i'm interested as well.

personally i think the effort one does should be rewarded and $10 are certainly something everyone can afford, even me as a social outcast.

if the price is fair like the $9.90 no one would be so mean to obtain it illegal, that's a pretty good DRAW (to speak in chess terms) of nanochess.

it misses only the artwork, but i understand that he doesn't hold the rights to the box art or manuals.

for "Space Raid" you will find a scan of the instruction booklet, for "Princess Quest" not but strangewisely the one for the ColecoVision release(s) without any problems.

if something is good it's worth to be advertised :)

http://nanochess.org/store.html

and if i dislike something you will hear from me: "fuck, wank, what a shit", such am i.

Gernot rants, raves and raps ;)

Edited by Gernot
  • Like 1

dunno if that helps but i collected most (if not all) homebrews and IntyBASIC projects i found here, in the inty developers thread on Yahoo and from other unnamed sources.

it took me some time and certainly i like to share them, but i'm not sure if everybody feels comfortable with spreading them, especially the developers demos which are often really no games.

intentionally i liked to bundle them with JZINTV and the mini***.bin (as far as they work with them)

however

let's list the more recent ones with comment (SDK-1600 projects not included) and you can comment what you think is clean.

attachicon.gifinty.gif

"homebrews" (as far as they aren't IntyBASIC, i'm not sure if all are sorted the properly, i have no idea but is it possible to suppress the IntyBASIC title screen? and the recognizing as IntyBASIC by JZINTV?):

Off Topic:

- Burger Time Level Editor (create your own BT using this simple text based editor)

- New Burger Time Levels, David Harley (who is responsible for the editor)

- My Sport Games hacks (i simply cut the playing time down, makes it more fun to play a match, especially for Soccer because 2*45min are very long and i would score easy about 30 goals against the machine (usually up to ten in 30mins), if you play them emulated i recommend a speed x1.5 to get more out of it -- flag -r#.# for jzintv, therefore i created a new hack for which i "extended" soccer to 2x20mins instead 2x15mins, still i score to easy but faster the game will scroll ugly).

Demos (where you can't do much except to watch them):

- Dancing Baby, PG Lewis (nice one you can watch it and it feels cool)

- BotzTalk, GroovyBee (whatever, a demo)

- FunBags, GroovyBee (erm.. umm...)

- Nyan Cat, GroovyBee (demos, demos, demos, but that's a nice one even when the music stumbles)

Games or incomplete games (i sorted them under homebrews with no "branding"):

- Mars Mini Teaser, GroovyBee

- Robot finds Kitten, Intylab (that's a nice little game, i like it)

- Rocketeer Teaser Rom#1, GroovyBee (erm...)

- RunnerZ, Josue (i didn't tried out this one yet)

- Deep Zone, artrag (promising!)

- Princess Lydie, Marco Marrero (i didn't played yet)

- Baroudeur (AC2013) (i noted "carlsson" but i'm not sure A.C. could be anders carlsson (or Arnauld Chevalier, or it means simply "after christs birth" who knows?) but it could be anything like this demo could be anything, it's one i noticed a couple of years ago when homebrews was still rare compared to now. no real game, it's an unfinished attempt).

- Ship, fsuincc (asteroids, the version i recently got has no collision detection, thus it's "unplayable")

- Space Versus, Marco Marrero (i haven't played that but it looks fine)

- WizWar, fushek (i'm not sure if this isn't IntyBASIC, however i have to try this one first)

attachicon.gifDeep Zone Box.gif

(the ship is a attempt to recreate the players vessel from "Galaxian", it was made for Pioneer Space Sim, to me it looks pretty much like the one in the game. i have a lot of spaceships to re-use, i could fill easy a hangar with them)

DSA:

- Intellipongola (i still like this one).

- IStar (nice puzzle, no scoring but nonetheless it's a cool game, imho one of the most entertaining homebrews)

- Press8 (haven't played this for real, looks confusing, i don't like numbers..... without meters, potatoes or anything which has a value ;) )

Elektronite (a few demos, i don't know how far i'm allowed to spread them, links will be a option):

- Caves of Croz Demo (leech all - play none ;) )

- Defender of the Crown Prototype

- Match 5 Demo (again something i won't play, numbers? again?)

Impossible Things (free for download at ImpossibleThings, but not to be spread):

- D1K (Donkey Kong arcade, recommended cool game, it would worth a little fee even for the binary, you can donate)

- Ms. Pac-Man (yet another brilliant reissue)

Intelligent Revolution (they are even free to download at IntelligentRevolution or linked in this forum, not allowed to spread):

- Copter Command

- "Laser Sharks" resp. "Moon Blast", (two versions exist? damned i mixed up something, however same gameplay)

- Missile Domination

- Ultimate Pong

Intelligentvision (nonetheless, but not all, visit their site, not all are still available like they was still in 2013):

- Tag-Along Todd (original a SDK-1600 demo, enhanced by David Harley, quite cool, sad that the voice is hanging).

- Same Game & Robots (you can get them as well from the Authors site)

the rest i didn't listed here, check out their site, who knows more rom images will vanish if they are once physically released (e.g. "SpaceCunt" isn't available anymore, but what you got - you got).

they hold some interesting unreleased games like, "Illusions" which is a great concept.

John Doherty (these was difficult to get, some i got from the Yahoo! developers group, some are Demos of "what the heck is this?"):

- Fire Girl vs. the Zombies (not a real game, many bugs, but nonetheless worth to try it)

- Old School, Old School high, Kid Robin Hood (in descending order, "Kid Robin Hood" was the working title for "Old School", dont' ask me where i got them from...).

- Frontier (this title is like magic to me, everything which is named "frontier" is of interest, but well i have no idea what this should be - "space - the final frontier" it isn't).

- Shape Escape (ahhh... a real game)

- Zombie Marbles (funny title, nice game)

Joe Zbiciak (JRMZ), i don't have to introduce him, nonetheless a couple of games and demos from the past:

- 4-Tris, Tetris (just to mention what everybody knows)

- Pong

- Lunar MP advertisement, (Space Patrol is a fine game and the release date of this demo shows how much time a game needs to be developed perfectly, you can do nothing but already the Inty logo in SEGA style is worth the shit, it only misses a female voice speaking "inty").

the rest i won't list here, they are widely spread and content of most emulators.

Arnauld Chevallier (never ask me where i found them i might not remember it, many i downloaded a couple of years ago):

- Inty O.S. (a not serious ment operating system for the intellivision, but i guess emulated it would be cool to extend the "Intyamp" to play more tunes, you can obtain it from his site)

- KChess (yes i'm mean, this was never released, you won't find it on his site and if i remember this right i got it from the Yahoo! dev. group.

- Mad Drivin' (similar as above, v.0.4 is playable but a bit boring without a goal, but damned yes it would be worth a game)

- Spirit (a demo in the spirit of the 80's, nice music - really and yes of course the 3D balls are supercool, from "knox.free.fr")

- Stack 'Em (hard to find, search for "mini games competition entries", it won't play proper in the latest release of JZIntv but runs fine on the real hardware).

- Stonix (an "arkanoids" clone, i found that really nice of him to release it digital, it's one of the best homebrews, very smooth controls - knox.free.fr).

decle (a lot of retro-retro stuff, uses the inty to emulate (better "simulate") other consoles of the aera):

- Li'l Bro ii (the little brother of intellivision, many card games not my choice but nonetheless they are worth a try)

- StudioVision (i must say i like them - all of them, unfortunately i have some issues with them and LTO Flash! i will post it in a diff thread).

attachicon.gifdoodle.png

LTO i don't have to list, if you own a LTO Flash you will know where to get the softs from.

Ryan Kinnen (not much, but much):

- Minehunter (somewhere you will find the full release)

- PSG Tinkerer (just for completeness, it's a developers toy to experiment with the PSG)

- Blob Art (no real game, more a demo, but as he stated a idea for a game, a sort of drawing program, can be entertaining, smooth "mouse arrow" control)

IntyBASIC SDK (that's a whole lot of stuff by various authors, some are part of the IntyBASIC showcase which i didn't list here, they are either entries to the BASIC competition or else IntyBASIC games you can find here, neither i listed the rest of physically released IntyBASIC games under their distributors name as they are free to download here and represent "WIP's" they might differ slightly to the released versions, some might not belong to IntyBASIC, please inform me):

attachicon.gifIntyBASIC box.gif

let's start with the "pro's"

- Flapee Bird (released by CollectorVision, author is unknown to me, i guess CollectorVision don't likes them to be spread, you can download it here)

- Smurf: Rescue in Gargamels Castle (released by Collectorvision, author is unknown to me. first i thought "what a silly game - typical Coleco" (i'm sorry) but well it's not that stupid, you have to give it a chance. i guess CollectorVision don't likes them to be spread, you can download it here)

the rest of the gang:

- 2048, nanochess (a puzzle of some sort, not my type of game, but i know opinions are like assholes...)

- Alligator Swamp!, carlsson (i haven't played it for real yet, but it looks nice)

- Apple Catcher, Kiwi (a game which even a 84 year old gran'ma will like)

- Area Fighter v5, Kiwi (nice one, even if i haven't played it much but i guess it's a good shump game).

- Bowl Bust, PuzZLeR (what was it? damned they are to many)

- Celeries Challange, atari2600land (a game for vegans)

- Classic Battleship, CrazyBoss (we waited such a long time for this, i remember i filled books with battleship grids as a child)

- Clowns & Balloons, Ghosts & Balloons, catsfolly (he developed a couple of nice little games, this one is really a nice concept)

- Crazybus, freewheel, (yes it's only a demo, enable voice)

- Snake, CS Snake, Mirror Snake, catsfolly (SNAKE - the most basic BASIC program (right after "lunar lander" controlled only by data)

- Doctor Chatterbot, Microlabs (vprette) (ok, i have no idea, it won't run proper)

- Goatnom, freewheel (a game! a game! sometimes the actor makes the act)

attachicon.gifGoatnom box.gif

- GoSub, atari2600land (really a game!)

- Hotel Bunny, Sebastian Mihai (a riddle to me why this was physically released, it's a game but you find better games in this list, much better).

- Intellibullet, Shalmezad (see that's a game, nice concept)

- Inty Lander, nanochess (a piece from the master, i like it, is that landing on jupiter? i mean the gravity is extreme. personal note, in fact it is hardest to approach and land on a tiny asteroid such as Ceres, with near to 0 gravity you have to match the curse and velocity of the body exactly if you like to land rough)

- Inty Pac, nanochess (but no masterpiece ;) )

- It's Snow Fun, unintelligent resolution (what is this? i guess he was mad about it -> "it's no fun". sort it under "april fools")

- Lunar Defense, Microlabs (won't go past the title screen, but i listed it nonetheless)

- Master Mind, Microlabs (give it a more boasting name like "Safe Cracker", "Decryptor", "Number Cruncher", "Bender's Nightmare". "Master Mind" is anyway a trademark of MB i guess).

- Mermaid, tuatara21 (speaking of better as... this is far better as "Hotel Bunny", addictive game and artwork. for this game i'm uncertain, it leaks of the IntyBASIC screen - notification but i thought i found it under IntyBASIC, but i can be wrong. PLEASE HELP!)

- null blaster 2, nanochess (this rom has no title, i named it "null blaster" cause you blast "0's" with a ">" as ship, i guess it's ment as tutorial.

- Number Blaster, Kiwi (interesting concept, distracting background)

- Oh, Mummy, nanochess (i have only peeped into it but it's well made)

- pINg!, freewheel (Pong in IntyBASIC)

- Robot Blast, catsfolly (known for tiny games which are fun to play)

- Secret Government Waffle Project, freewheel (in case the goat is on holidays and your spray can to whomp worms is empty you still have the secret waffle government)

- Simon4, Microlabs (vprette) (without "senso" it won't be complete)

- Slalom, carlsson (despite of "mountain madness" this is skiing, this is a must like for a swiss who was born almost on skis)

- Squirrel, nanochess (the fastest squirrel in the whole universe)

- Stickman, atari2600land (a generic jump & run as generic as it can be)

- Stunt Cycle, fsuincc (that's really a good game!)

- Super Pixel Bros. , catsfolly (yeah man! looks generic but offers much)

- Tic Tac Toe, Microlabs, CrazyBoss (both made a Tic Tac Toe, erm yes a tic tac toe)

- Tris, Microlabs (another tic tac toe, slightly advanced)

Inermission:

can you imagine tic tac toe in 3D? (three layers of tic tac toe grid) then the fun starts, you will miss i'm sure, we humans aren't good in orienting in 3 dimensions)

- Towering Inferno, GroovyBee (he is able to make nice games)

- Tramp(s), catsfolly (well that's an idea)

- Trollish Comment Generator, catsfolly (instead to produce trollish comments this routine of procedural generated stuff is a great point to start a game - be warned it could end up in something like "Pioneer Space Sim". I had many years ago a similar proggy for my miggy, it was named "Max Headroom" and similar to him it bla blahs a lot of garbled words).

- Tutorial Sample, Kiwi (the name of the game)

- Whale Hunt, emerson (i haven't played this yet)

- XBoneS (Xbox one Simulator), freewheel (i like this demo much, you won't "play" it everyday but certainly it puts a smile on your face "downloading 80GB" damned yes i thought "Pioneer" was to large with 300MB (most is graphics and sound) but i guess they fill all with FFFFFF just to use up all the GB for recent games, "you will have to buy xxx from us - har har". in the end the 80GB (of prerendered intermission scenes) are played in one weekend, such is games industry. compared to this "Super Pixel Bros." is a hit, any game or demo here is better as).

- Zyx2, atari2600land (really nice to play, good concept)

attachicon.gifinty2.gif

i haven't searched the links, it has cost me a whole afternoon to put the list together, maybe i will search for the links on another weekend.

further you won't hear that often from me in the next couple of weeks.

i have to move home else i get problems with the communal service.

but this means i won't have no internet.

i have to solve this and also get me a new computer, my old XP machine is far to old and same is with my mothers macbook i can't upgrade it to OSX10.7.

i had for a brief time a Win7 machine, but it was such a cheap discounter model that it broke after a year.

i have a rampage3 board at home, but to make use of it i need the web, i need to know what power supply i need and where to conect the shit, it's a quite different layout as an old XT board.

off topic!

the "galactix" ship i posted above i re used for a SEUCK project of mine, i carefully shrinked and palettized the a couple of ships i created for "pioneer".

the result is "Eagle" with a hacked "GACK" palette to produce a little more as 128 colors.

Eagle OSX

attachicon.gifEagle.app.zip

Eagle Win32 (i'm not sure if this runs, it fails in Wine)

attachicon.gifEagleWin32.exe.zip

somewhere here on atariage i will post the rest of the GACK projects i made, they are all in the spirit of the 80's even if the graphics are of much higher resolution as it was possible back then.

most are projects which won't run standalone, but i also have the intention to show off some projects.

might be one thinks "hey that's a good idea!"

in fact the concepts aren't new so don't expect anything else as shoot 'em up or jump & run.

but it matters a lot what you make out of the limited possibilities a SEUCK will give you.

since a SEUCK is very limited i guess parts of it can be taken for BASIC games, like how i created attack waves or bosses.

of "cyrapi" (piracy, it's a mean ripp off of R-Type) i'm in some sort very proud.

i guess i needed a week to find out how to animate the giant Giger (Alien) style monster.

first i liked to animate all, but then i found out this will exceed the capabilities of GACK, i can't chain objects or make a sort of rig (for the wiggling tail)

thus i came to something which might be familiar to some,

animated cards

the monster is in fact static made of 20 cards or so, each card animates his part of the screen (monster), finally the animation works and the tail covers the sensitive head (which of course slips into the body likewise the original)

thus instead to move the sprites i made for each sprite (card, the cards are quite large) a different animation out of a animation i created first as whole monster.

it's not as smooth animated as the original R-Type level boss, it was work enough even if the anim stutters, believe me.

dunno how the collision detection is for IntyBASIC, in GACK it's based on the foregrounds graphic thus what is transparent won't have collision detection.

however it's a way to animate a large level boss and to "chain" several "bones", respectively to let it look like.

funny i found nanochess' "Princess Quest"

i made two GACK projects using always the same graphics out of a repo, walls and floor tiles to be precise.

some are filled with skeletons which look quite like nanochess' ones, also the rooms look similar.

well we both will have seen that before, often, nonetheless i found this similarity funny.

ah well i have a large set of "borders" they are simple and quite small in size (32x32), with such a set you can make borders of any kind, water/land, desert/fertile.

i used them often, very often.

even if they are to large they can be used as a template how to create such a set of borders.

here's cyrapi (invulnerability on)

https://youtu.be/vXtKkGT81wI?t=4m14s

Seems like you forgot one. :_(

And since you are listing demos and stuff, there's also the original, single-screen release of Christmas Carol, which I now call a "demo."

Both of them are free to download from the site, but I hope people respect that they are not to be bundled or re-distributed -- at least for the moment. :)

-dZ.

oh, i'm so unkind ;)

if i have the time i will post the links to the above list, like i said i has cost me a afternoon to make this list, to collect all the links will cost me a lot more time.

some like the link to your page i have bunkered as a "weblink" which can be opened from any place, e.g. a collection or bundle.

thus in fact i forgot you and i didn't forgot you.

( i forgot all the LTO publications, i assumed if one obtains the LTO flash, he will have for sure visited the respective sites)

and yes your'e right i forgot your "demo" (hey it's not a demo, let's call it prototype)

Accepted, i understand if one doesn't likes that the softs are spread and that you have to download it from his site, this i think is cool, you can link it instead to spread it.

this still gives some attention to the developer and his running projects or even if it's just to press "donate".

promise:

when i put together the links i won't forget you.

promise#2:

if i ever publish a bundle of some sort i will respect this as well, it's easy, like i said these links are already stored.

that's because i respect much your effort in the software.

i know what type of work it is (even when i'm no coder and "only" a modeller, or well a link between, i understand more of coding as most modellers do and i might not be the best in my field of arts) and that everybody will say "he's crazy, sitting 36h a day on his machine".

i'm a type of open source beardy weirdy

who won't notice when his wife ran off, or prob. a month later "didn't i had a wife and children? - hmmm..."

while this isn't true

true is that my wife ran off with the child and this has changed my life completely.

the family was everything i had, i have no reputation, i'm not rich, but i had my job and my family (well someone warned me in advance), it was enough reason to live.

but after i lost this reason.

for a year i didn't liked to see nobody, nobody had to contact me and i would have liked to be dead.

for another year i completely slipped into a old simens laptop, "Frontier" and a complete explanation of the contents of the game.

after this i turned out to be this addictive modeller who preferes to script a model instead to build it on a CAD (see the recent avatar this model is "all bezier").

i'm not a math genius, i have to draw the shit so i can see how it works (or i am, it's called "visual mathematician").

after the divorce i digged out my old games, like many of us divorced men.

after this i turned out to be finished with this world, it still harms me how it runs but; "do as you please - help you won't accept from little me".

all this still harms me much (unemployment, divorce, disrespect for crafts) and personally i'm sure it's the reason why my body is in such a bad condition, i lost interest in life and so my body does.

right now my best buddy is a hooligan, which i never would have expected, and he's cool.

but yeah i said "critics welcome"

thanks.

on the other hand, we don't know each other and someone must be the one(s) who spread the softs.

that could be me or someone else.

i'm that mean to download everything i like from every torrent, since i'm a swiss i'm allowed to as long as i don't upload or seed.

It's also not fair to upload it especially to the ones who still active develop the games.

no i won't spread it!

especially not if there is a site where you can obtain it legally from, it really makes no sense.

do i have to kick ones ass who's that kind to share it?

i'm a pirate of some sort,

some accused me even of plagiatism, (which i'm not, i state if i copy a model from someone else or from a game, copying is ok, plagiatism not, i never claimed it's mine if it isn't).

i have some pride, sort of burglars pride.

and if i look at the world today, many leak of this "burglars pride", but they are honorable ppl. (they think so).

Edited by Gernot

doors ppl doors, doors like in "lock 'n' chase", f**** simple sliding doors and a labyrinth gets quite harder.

hidden stuff, open a door by firing on a special object but don't tell the player which object it is but give a hidden hint, a number to count floor tiles as example.

if you can make this randomly you got it "indîana jones".

count the played levels, i wonder how long it will take until the player finds out what he has to do.

right yes when you managed it once it becomes easy, but until...

really simple, when i made it myself i thought "to simple" now i opened a old project a couple of years later and i had no idea of what i guessed back then.

i had to find it out first.

be inspired.

r-type inspired me to make a own space alien, even simple, only his eyes are sensible, but it will cover his eyes with its lids often (i used a long animation sequence to let it feel like it would be inconsistent, but it isn't, if you can add random you won't need such a long anim).

that just went to my mind, now i have to make a nap, immediately.

Edited by Gernot

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The answer is to be found here:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/211029-ac2013-speed-coding-contest/