mr-atari Posted February 1, 2018 Share Posted February 1, 2018 I was amazed as well, but Stella does not play the older version it used to play correctly after I updated the title screen. (if you compile, it inserts the most up to date titlescreen.asm. Hi, how did you count the scanlines? I only use Batari Basic, so I don't know how to make the scanline numbers correct, I thought that the program calculates them every single time. I have no idea how Batari Basic does this, I code myself in assembler, writing my own routines. You can count the numbers of WSYNC or use the TIMER. Batari Basic works ok I guess (never tried it), I like to do it my own. Sticking to the 4k originally assigned for games. :-) I wrote 2 VCS games myself the last 2 years. Defend your castle / Give me my pancake! Lots of fun and very challenging to write for the 2600. Currently writing my 3rd game. You can check scanlines/frames in stella, that is what I do. Just hit the "`"-key to enter the debugger. Click on Frame+1 and check the scanlines generated (previous frame) seen in the top-middle. You can do simulated-IO on the IO-page (like pressing RESET or joystick-input) and look what it does to the scanlines. Just be sure it generated 312 or 262 lines. Stella has a powerful debugger. Success, Sijmen. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.