IGNORED

atari2600land's Blog - 08

RSS Bot

So I was working on Killer Snake again. I got a score in the game. But a problem has arisen. Barf. Why does this keep happening? Anyway, the problem is with the score. When Ken gets the tomato, the score is increased by 1 point and the screen clears and regenerates the snake back to its starting position. Except when you get 8 points, the snake doesn't appear at all. What's more odd is the fact that the tomato appears. Why would the tomato appear and the snake not?

I am really baffled by this one. What significance does the 8th time have? I checked for all instances of the number 8 in my code. Nothing helped. So I searched for %1000. Nothing. Frustrated, I e-mailed e5frog. I got a message saying it was undeliverable. I tried a second time. I guess it doesn't like attachments. I gave him a link to my page instead. I just did this a few hours ago, so I haven't heard back from him yet.

Right now it's about 12:40am where I am in the US. Very different in Sweden, home of e5frog. I don't like being up in the middle of the night, but I seem to have turned my life around again to that point. Which isn't very good since I have an appointment on Sunday at 11am. I have been sleeping a whole lot lately, more than my usual 12 hours. I don't know why. Perhaps if I try to go to sleep now I'll be awake during the day. I guess it's time for me to lay in bed and give up sleeping a half-hour later again. Barf.

Attached thumbnail(s)
  • blogentry-9475-0-09879400-1515746551_thu

http://atariage.com/forums/blog/168/entry-14486-08/