IGNORED

HSC Season 15 Round 1: Bosconian

Bosconian

bosconian.png

Welcome to Season 15 of High Score Club!

Holding of a strong challenge from Rainbow Walker, Bosconian wins the first poll of the season. Bosconian is a superb new game, possibly exceptionally good? We'll put it through it's paces for the opening round of the season, please comment on the game as the author will surely be keeping an eye on things here ;)

There are NTSC and PAL versions plus 64 and 128K versions to choose from. NTSC is faster so emulator users can pick either.

Download XEXs (Silly Venture 2017 versions), Wikipedia: Info, StrategyWiki: How to Play

AtariMax MaxFlash Instructions on post #68

Scoring will be the same as last season with 12pts for 1st, 11pts for 2nd... down to 2pts for 11th and 12th places with extra players creating scoring postions from 3rd place.

If you're reading this in the future and missed the start of the season just join on the current round, there will be chances to catch up on missed games!

Controls Joystick, fire to start. In game: Start=Pause, Option aborts go when paused.

Tips Try taking out the pod's individual pieces, keep away from them and use all the angles. Keep "space" clear as a priority: use forward shots on fixed objects, rear shots on flying stuff.

Round ends 31st January 10pm UK time. The next poll will start with about a week to go, runner up games Rainbow Walker and possibly Millipede will go back in.

Have fun, join in, play the games and post some scores it's that simple. Screenshots optional. Please don't be put off by some crazily large scores from the top players :grin: Any questions just post and someone will help you out :)

• Like 3

Bosconian - 64680 pts, round 6

post-5454-0-12596100-1515953208.jpg

Compared to the WIP we played last year, this time I scored 2.6 times as much points in the same amount of time. At first I thought this version plays much slower, but perhaps I simply had more patience this time around, plus that a bit of level design and play testing of the Atari 2600 game Draconian late last year may have introduced me closer to this kind of game.

• Like 1

You must fast destroy all base cannons before "condition yellow" than you don't see enemy (or only one). Destroy all cannons = 6*200+1500=2300 sc, destroy core=1500 sc. Enemy slow rotate, you must often change direction and constatntly fire. You must take good order bases destroy, map is looped , if you'll fly to the right you you'll show up on the left (the same Up and Down).

Good luck.

Edited by shanti77
  • Like 8

I'M GOING FOR THE SPACE RECORD NOW!!

What version are you playing there?! Links on first post to latest one!

[64K ver has different screen]

Good to see lots of scores already :thumbsup:

It's a steady game and one for a desk mounted stick ;)

post-19705-0-93986900-1516115837.jpg

137,380 ( 8) - that should be round 8! Can anyone tell me how to get an 8 in parenthesis to actually display here? :twisted:

:)

• Like 1