IGNORED

House Of The Dead Returning To Arcades In 2018

Shaggy the Atarian

Called House Of The Dead Scarlet Dawn, this is the first major HOTD release in arcades since 4 was released back in 2006 (There was House Of The Dead EX but it was a weird mini-game compilation that never saw a release outside of Japan). It begins testing this Friday while it should show up in arcades around the planet sometime later this year:

http://arcadeheroes.com/2018/01/14/sega-begin-testing-house-dead-scarlet-dawn-friday/

• Like 1

I love me some HotD but they are going to have a tough time competing with the Walking Dead arcade game! I played that a bunch last summer, then re-bought all the HotD games for the Wii for my light gun/zombie killing fix and I was surprised how archaic they felt in comparison. But I'm looking forward to seeing how they modernize the series, and I hope it gets some kind of home release. (VR mode?! Please??)

I think they will do ok, unless they've massively changed the formula (which would risk upsetting fans if it isn't fun). They have paid attention to both The Walking Dead and Namco's Dark Escape - they have a chance to use that the others 'went first' to improve. Granted, House Of The Dead is not quite as popular as The Walking Dead as a franchise although HOTD will have nostalgia on it's side

Guess we'll find out soon!

I just saw a video of House of the Dead 4 and I'm surprised they don't have improved on the animation of the wall-climbers for 4 games, also the script is incredibly silly.

At least House of the Dead 1 and 2 was interesting.

I hope this new arcade delivers some new things, at least in the graphical aspect because they are using now the Unreal engine.

• 2 weeks later...