IGNORED

Jakks plug and play ms pac man

Jacro017

the one I have has is solid blue on top . IMO probably the most solid built PNP of them all

fresh batteries, clean battery terminals if a previous set of batteries corroded (white vinegar / baking soda / q-tips)

if above ok, try bending the cable up or down where it enters the unit, it may reveal conductor broke inside cable

also do you have component connection on TV? (yellow) or is it R-B-G ?

I hadn't disassembled this particular unit before.

I hope others can chime in with any more advice

the one I have has is solid blue on top . IMO probably the most solid built PNP of them all

fresh batteries, clean battery terminals if a previous set of batteries corroded (white vinegar / baking soda / q-tips)

if above ok, try bending the cable up or down where it enters the unit, it may reveal conductor broke inside cable

also do you have component connection on TV? (yellow) or is it R-B-G ?

I hadn't disassembled this particular unit before.

I hope others can chime in with any more advice

Thanks for these tips...will try new batteries when I get home and hopefully that does the trick!Although if a fail at least I donated $4 to Goodwill and will have a nice display piece....has the yellow/white connections.Prior batteries didn't look to be corroded hopefully just on the way out

I check the individual batteries with a volt meter ( OCD :P )

yeah I snagged most all my PNP's @ thrift store where ever I could find 'em for about that price *coughs (Hoarder)

my only complaint with the unit is the button is on the wrong side of stick for Galaga , especially the bonus rounds

I check the individual batteries with a volt meter ( OCD :P )

yeah I snagged most all my PNP's @ thrift store where ever I could find 'em for about that price *coughs (Hoarder)

my only complaint with the unit is the button is on the wrong side of stick for Galaga , especially the bonus rounds

Cleaned battery area and put new in..nothing...also tried bending the cable...nothing..any other possibilities??

Since the audio is working, alludes that the PCB is fine. Very likely the video cable pinched or pulled. Should be an easy fix of soldering in a new two wire RCA cable to the PCB inside. Once you fix it, the stick has a "spinner" twist for Pole Position.

EDIT

In a real car when driving a stick, you have to release the gas pedal, push in the clutch and shift gears. Okay where am I going with this? I have a spare Ms Pacman PlugNPlay that had a bad fire button contact inside, the plastic broken. I combined both contact pads to the one remaining button. Two games were affected which added a change to the game play.

Pole Position - Momentary release "gas pedal", then press again to upshift and downshift.

Xevious - Both shoot and bomb are now single button. No big deal with unlimited ammo.

PlugNPlay Review (See OP for more) - http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=33076&p=483424#p483424

Edited by CRTGAMER

Since the audio is working, alludes that the PCB is fine. Very likely the video cable pinched or pulled. Should be an easy fix of soldering in a new two wire RCA cable to the PCB inside. Once you fix it, the stick has a "spinner" twist for Pole Position.

EDIT

In a real car when driving a stick, you have to release the gas pedal, push in the clutch and shift gears. Okay where am I going with this? I have a spare Ms Pacman PlugNPlay that had a bad fire button contact inside, the plastic broken. I combined both contact pads to the one remaining button. Two games were affected which added a change to the game play.

Pole Position - Momentary release "gas pedal", then press again to upshift and downshift.

Xevious - Both shoot and bomb are now single button. No big deal with unlimited ammo.

PlugNPlay Review (See OP for more) - http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=33076&p=483424#p483424

awesome....that will be my next attempt!! should be worth the $4 if I can get her fired up

Here are pics of the open unit...ran a continuity test on audio and video.... all circuits came back ok-I'm at a loss

Thanks for the pictures. Concerning the video cord, did the meter show if the ground and middle wire connected to each other? Either way if you have an spare video cord, maybe try replacing it anyways? A simple solder job, you just might luck out and not too costly a try.

I see where the video red and audio white connect to the PCB, appears the ground black shares a pad. Where is the connection that splices in the two ground wires? You have a phone number underneath, maybe delete the picture and retake? I hid your text in the picture below.

post-27490-0-50809800-1516313809.jpg

Edited by CRTGAMER

board on one of mine is slightly different: but what I noticed ,

• a bead of hot melt glue over the joints ( mine may not have been altered)
  • you have an extra white wire from your video & looks like is bugger-soldered to other side of board

gallery_34737_1390_832561.jpg

Could that extra white wire be the cause for the rolling/flickering/scrambled off color video?

mebbe try & clean up them connections on the left side of the board (2 whites & red) looks like some work had been done to them

looking again the red video wire on the right looks like there is a blob of solder bridging a component on the other side of board ( I am not sure if it's supposed to be that way or not, (perhaps it does) on mine I can see a trace that connects to something

• 4 years later...
  • 2 months later...