IGNORED

Cuphead

roryjr

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry for the bump....I've never explored this part of AtariAge before and missed this topic.

Cuphead is the main reason I wanted an Xbox One. I loved the game. It was certainly tough, but the unlimited lives make it much more manageable than it could be. Like everyone else, I adore the art style. Hopefully they're working on a sequel...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Make the mausoleum levels and run 'n gun levels a priority, since they will get you some new abilities or the means to buy new abilities. Use those new abilities to experiment in the levels you're having trouble with. I found the abilities that give you one more hit point at the cost of attack power to be quite useful. The attack that's like a short-range spread gun worked well for me as an alternate attack, and I also found the boomerang attack helpful in a few levels. I was eventually able to beat the game just through perseverance and a bit of experimentation, and I'm generally bad at sidescrolling run 'n guns. I've actually never beaten a Contra game without cheating.

• 2 months later...

Found this at a Gamestop (they bought ThinkGeek recently), and thought I was overspending at $20. Apparently it was on clearance, as it rang up at $10, so steal! :P

The box has a nice raised / embossed print too, good stuff all around. Recommend a trip to GS if you want to nab one on the cheap.

post-26714-0-72915100-1526690542_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

• 1 month later...