IGNORED

the official Channel F thread!

11 hours ago, atari2600land said:

I take it there's only one Checkers cart and it keeps getting put on eBay over and over again? Well, here it is again.

I did ask if they could ship to UK but it seems like it's too complicated a process after bids have started. I could still bid on it and they could technically send it, but I just end up with higher import fees.

Maybe the next one will be cheaper. 

• Like 1

Any help is appreciated

Ok long story short, my wife’s grandmother used to work for Fairchild back in the day. They moved out of the area about 5 years ago and when cleaning out the house to move she found a box full of games and 2 system. Im a collector of games but nothing past the nes, i took the box anyway. Recently they have been hit by hard times their car caught fire (it was old) and had to dip into savings for a new car. I want to help them out by selling the system and games and give them all the money, it wont be new car money but it’s something. Not sure what its all worth or where to sell besides e-bay. Heres a pick of the games i can get one of the 2 systems in needed kIlLm2z.jpg

• Like 4

The Democart! Is that a box for it? I don't think we've ever seen a box for it! In my few years of Channel F collecting, I've come across the assumption that the Democart is very rare and worth a big amount of $$$ (the last one went on eBay for $400.) The other one that we've seen go for a more than interesting amount of money is #15.

I'd let AtariAge member "e5frog" (and a few other members as well) chime in on this awesome find.

• Like 1

Yes, a few of us have a boxed demo cart #1 here. I have 1, they certainly are not easy to find. I believe i also have the only known boxed demo cart #2....I think there are only about 3 demo cart 2s total even known to exist. Demo cart 1 there must be at least a couple dozen copies of out there.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Peskyevilmonkey said:

Any help is appreciated

Ok long story short, my wife’s grandmother used to work for Fairchild back in the day. They moved out of the area about 5 years ago and when cleaning out the house to move she found a box full of games and 2 system. Im a collector of games but nothing past the nes, i took the box anyway. Recently they have been hit by hard times their car caught fire (it was old) and had to dip into savings for a new car. I want to help them out by selling the system and games and give them all the money, it wont be new car money but it’s something. Not sure what its all worth or where to sell besides e-bay. Heres a pick of the games i can get one of the 2 systems in needed kIlLm2z.jpg

Now would be the time to sell, I'd say sell the lot in one ebay sale, otherwise you might get stuck with some of the commons. With a system or two with it, it's a great starter set for anyone. The way the prices are currently going you might get anything up to $1,000 for it. Do bids, maybe a reserve of a few hundred dollars. It'll get there. Unfortunately the only one I really need is the democart, and someone on ebay will pay more than I will. 

Out of curiosity, do you know if your wife's grandmother worked for the channel F section of fairchild? If she did what was her job role? Would be curious if she was part of the systems development or sales!

Also checkers with manual no box went for a thousand dollars cry. 

Edited by Mikebloke
  • Like 1

Yes - I've got the printed Democart box. There's a white box with both cart-label on it...

Dennis has it:

demo1-box-whitebox-all.jpg

It's on the want list.   ;-)

I know of carts 10 and 12 with the main label on white box and there's probably others, the white boxes with edge label seems more common.

I have a moveable 3D image here:

http://channelf.se/gallery/index.html

Just click "VC = Fairchild and Zircon" and then "B" in the DEMO row, click "Watch full screen" in the top left corner... 

Zoom with wheel, click and drag to rotate.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Peskyevilmonkey said:

Any help is appreciated

Ebay is where you want to go to sell those, and they will sell. Channel F stuff has been spiking in price lately, and that boxed Democart is one of the two rarest official releases. Just remember to set aside about 20% of the final sale value to cover Ebay fees, Paypal fees, shipping costs, etc. 

List the boxed Democart and Hangman copies separately, and put the rest into a single lot. BE SURE TO PICK A GOOD ENDING TIME AND SPACE THE LISTINGS OUT BY AT LEAST 5 MINUTES. A good ending time is between 7 and 9 PM Eastern Time on a Sunday night, so that bidders on both Coasts and in between will be available to do last-second snipes. A bad ending time can cost you a lot of money. Make the auction a 7-Day long one, so as to ensure that as many potential buyers as possible take notice of it. 

Ideally, you'll also want to show Democart working in the listing, and for that you'll need a working system. There are cheap RF and RCA adapters and it's worth getting one to be able to test your systems on modern flatscreens. 

Democart (1) is indeed an Official Release, and required to complete any Channel F collection. Enough copies were made that they offered for sale separately and in bundles back in the day. Some lazy collectors who think otherwise just don't want to have to shell out for a copy. 

• Like 1

On 8/22/2020 at 1:29 AM, Mikebloke said:

Alright which ten of you bidded more than $100 for something worth about $50.

I think we can officially confirm that the channel F scene has gone silly. 

It's gone ridiculous but so has things like PS2 horror games and a few other systems. I don't know what's up, I though all these people out of work on unemployment would have driven prices down!

On 8/16/2020 at 9:15 AM, Peskyevilmonkey said:

Any help is appreciated

Would she happen to have any old Fairchild paperwork, letters etc? some folks will buy internal game company paperwork. not for much, but every bit helps. 

8 hours ago, Yosikuma said:

You gotta be kidding me.  There’s nothing even remotely hard to find there!   

Something stinks about this auction.  Seller has basically no feedback w 80% positive.  Multiple bidders have <10 feedback.  I don’t know what would be to gain, but this auction is beyond rigged in my opinion 

Edited by Atari_Bill

On 8/24/2020 at 7:14 PM, Atari_Bill said:

You gotta be kidding me.  There’s nothing even remotely hard to find there!   

Something stinks about this auction.  Seller has basically no feedback w 80% positive.  Multiple bidders have <10 feedback.  I don’t know what would be to gain, but this auction is beyond rigged in my opinion 

Someone else is selling a system II — with two faulty controllers — for $500. I tried to talk the seller down to a more reasonable price and no dice. 

This is why I am trying to repair what I have. 

All the Trimerous cartridges have been assembled. Now I have to do the boxes, or do I?

What I was thinking since I have sort of shaky hands and arms, is put the unfolded boxes in the package and if you wanted a box, assemble it yourself. Would this be something you wouldn't mind doing? I think you can do a better job than me at it. I'm worried I would screw up the boxes. Even if I don't have to fold the boxes, I still have to work on the manuals, so I'm still not quite done yet.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, atari2600land said:

All the Trimerous cartridges have been assembled. Now I have to do the boxes, or do I?

What I was thinking since I have sort of shaky hands and arms, is put the unfolded boxes in the package and if you wanted a box, assemble it yourself. Would this be something you wouldn't mind doing? I think you can do a better job than me at it. I'm worried I would screw up the boxes. Even if I don't have to fold the boxes, I still have to work on the manuals, so I'm still not quite done yet.

I’m fine with that.

EDIT: wouldn’t the unfolded, uncut boxes be at right risk of damage while shipping? ? 

You might have to use a large box to prevent it taking a beating...

Edited by lazzeri
Add comment