IGNORED

the official Channel F thread!

In a bit of frenzy (and quite really odd), I decided to finish making the rest of the manuals. The next step is finding 24 cardboard boxes to ship the game in. And THEN it will be finished.

Here's what will go in each cardboard box:

• 1 Trimerous cartridge
  • 1 (unfolded) box to make yourself since I don't want to screw it all up.
  • 1 lovely 8-page color manual

• Like 3

1 hour ago, atari2600land said:

In a bit of frenzy (and quite really odd), I decided to finish making the rest of the manuals. The next step is finding 24 cardboard boxes to ship the game in. And THEN it will be finished.

Here's what will go in each cardboard box:

• 1 Trimerous cartridge
  • 1 (unfolded) box to make yourself since I don't want to screw it all up.
  • 1 lovely 8-page color manual

Very good news! Can’t wait! ?

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/24/2020 at 7:32 PM, e5frog said:

Here's Dennis's image showing three types with blobs, showing the jumpers better.
Don't think all three games is on the same chip even though jumper settings may suggest that, I know 19/22 is an option.

http://fndcollectables.com/fairchild_early/pcb_time_line_4.jpg

Cool forgot all about that pcb time line I put together you must of been saving that for some time :)

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, stupus said:

Aw man! Now i guess i wont have the only known boxed demo 2 copy anymore! But im also glad i paid no where near that price! It doesnt surprise me though with what much more common stuff has sold for!

If you buy it, then you can destroy it and you'd still have the only boxed demo 2 cart 

:chardonnay:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Except every white box that didnt come with the demo 2 has the adhesive residue from the end label for what other game was previously in it. Mine and this one are completely clean....i guess at least this helps verify the demo 2 did come in this very exciting completely blank box lol although i guess he doesnt show both ends well in the pics

I understand it as it helps confirming the current seller knows what the last one sold for and possibly also that a box raises the value...

There's completely blank boxes with other carts now and then. 

If it was out there for the same price as a regular cart it would have been easier for me to believe it was a "real" box. 
Nothing really ties the box to the cartridge - but I admit it would be a bit odd if it was delivered completely without packaging, a clean white box seems valid. 

A Democart 2 might sell for just as much no matter if there's a box or not. 

I agree the plain white box cant add alot of value to it. There is what 5 or less copies though? So with what more common titles have been selling for the price they set doesnt surprise me at all.

When i found mine i was most happy that it maybe confirmed that there was some box on the demo 2. I cant imagine it coming loose. It seems neither demo must have had any manual/paperwork.

Yes it would make sense that it would come in some kind of container and not loose. The clear white box is suggestive of a storage/warehouse solution particularly if it hadn't had an official box colour printed. Probably what it came in when the carts themselves were produced by manufacturers (did fairchild manufacture themselves? I'm presuming other parts of the company did). 

Edit:I did offer $100 but was rejected automatically naturally ?

Edited by Mikebloke

On 10/3/2020 at 11:03 AM, atari2600land said:

Trimerous update:

I finally got my butt over to the copy store and got some copies made of the manual. I got home and cut a few out. I have 18 manuals left to assemble. I think I did a good job on them. e5frog helped me out with the layout. I did the text and all the illustrations and stuff. I like it when my video game things work out well. It's an 8 page color manual.

Are there any of these unspoken for?

• 2 weeks later...

This is with or without a cartridge; it doesn't seem to matter.  I am going to try to pop it open, but does anyone have a good way of getting past the plastic tabs on the back of the system?

Amusingly I figured I'd try to contact a local repair place about repairing the system, and they informed me that they only repair X-Box and Playstation systems, and that I should "contact the original manufacturer."  :: laugh ::

UPDATE: Never mind the tabs! Holy RF shielding! How does one get into this without breaking it?!

Edited by Yosikuma