IGNORED

the official Channel F thread!

12 minutes ago, FND said:

Just a fast heads-up I will be taking down the above information pages,
Been paying to keep it up for many years with little interest so if anyone wants
to keep any of the info you should copy it now

:( used this site as a reference many times, sorry its become a burden but cost is cost.

Have you archived the site yourself with a download? Would be great if you could share all the files on the site. Archive sites work to an extent but I do find they lose some things, in some cases it might be forever :(

Noooooooooooo!

Even if one doesn't need to check there very often it's a great source of information that can't be found anywhere else.
I'm thinking if I can add it in some form or way to channelf.se/veswiki.com

Is "wayback" to be trusted to have (all) the information available?

I was going by the amount of hits ? and suspect most of the Channel F Collectores
have seen it, along with the fact I built that site SOOooo long Ago the software I used to
create it No Longer Works on newer operating systems and I can not update without
going directly into the HTML Code and edit there.

I did collect many more items and logged more info that never made it in so a bit
outdated in some areas.

I still retain all the paperwork
Have sold many of the games and protos over the years with the exception of the
international game sets

3 hours ago, e5frog said:

Noooooooooooo!

Even if one doesn't need to check there very often it's a great source of information that can't be found anywhere else.
I'm thinking if I can add it in some form or way to channelf.se/veswiki.com

Is "wayback" to be trusted to have (all) the information available?

If you let us make accounts on the veswiki I would transfer as much information and files asap ?

3 hours ago, FND said:

I did collect many more items and logged more info that never made it in so a bit
outdated in some areas.

This is the other thing about these archive sites, even if there is just loose files in the website directory, unused stuff, that will disappear :(

30 minutes ago, Mikebloke said:

If you let us make accounts on the veswiki I would transfer as much information and files asap ?

This is the other thing about these archive sites, even if there is just loose files in the website directory, unused stuff, that will disappear :(

There are a few Un-linked / hidden pages that had the links removed from the
edits over the years. I see I did leave a Link to the ORIGINALLY BOXED "Andy the Robot" I found
on CL

ANDY the ROBOT
ANDY ROBOT

Edited by FND

10 hours ago, FND said:

Been paying to keep it up for many years with little interest so if anyone wants

Thanks so much! grabbing all I can now!

22 hours ago, FND said:

Ahh, I had pulled so much of your work there as a history source, that’s too bad to hear!

Would it be possible to get non-watermarked images of the paperwork you’ve got up there? Would be good to have archived elsewhere online for researchers.

4 hours ago, ubersaurus said:

Ahh, I had pulled so much of your work there as a history source, that’s too bad to hear!

Would it be possible to get non-watermarked images of the paperwork you’ve got up there? Would be good to have archived elsewhere online for researchers.

I believe there is only 1 watermarked image 1st video game news letter "number 2"
everything else should be watermark free

EDIT I will leave it up since there is still interest ? but I cant guaranty for how long
 I want to change things a bit and may need the space ?

Edited by FND
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, FND said:

I believe there is only 1 watermarked image 1st video game news letter "number 2"
everything else should be watermark free

EDIT I will leave it up since there is still interest ? but I cant guaranty for how long
 I want to change things a bit and may need the space ?

Good deal! I may inquire about getting a clean copy of that newsletter then, I use it as a source on this: https://www.atariarchive.org/fairchild-channel-f-game-release-dates/

you mentioned that you have some items that haven’t found their way on the site yet; what sort of materials do you have? Anything of interest to researchers?

47 minutes ago, ubersaurus said:

Good deal! I may inquire about getting a clean copy of that newsletter then, I use it as a source on this: https://www.atariarchive.org/fairchild-channel-f-game-release-dates/

you mentioned that you have some items that haven’t found their way on the site yet; what sort of materials do you have? Anything of interest to researchers?

I see you have the VOLUME 1, ? How long I searched for that ? I would be very interested in trading a clear full copy of
the number 1 for a clear copy of the number 2.

Edited by FND

2 hours ago, FND said:

I see you have the VOLUME 1, ? How long I searched for that ? I would be very interested in trading a clear full copy of
the number 1 for a clear copy of the number 2.

Alas, I got that image off someone on Facebook! Wish I had it myself. I tracked down the post and messaged the owner, just in case I can get him to do a clean scan.

Edited by ubersaurus

Its part of my Yahoo small business package with a dedicated amount of storage space so is really more
being able to get back the available space. I have plans for another type of site now so i may need the space.
But that really depends on a few variables. I will probably take down the cart/label variation section if / when
I find I need more space.

Looks like I have not updated since 2012 (year father passed, Mom Needed me for a few years)
and all the software I used is outdated so major undertaking to update it now :(

On 1/14/2021 at 2:43 AM, e5frog said:

@FND

Are you just taking down the Timeline or are you shutting down the whole thing?
I have the entire Timeline backed up and working offline now, will probably add it to channelf.se in some form. 

The Timeline will/would be one of the last sections to get removed. I will attempt to keep it all but may have to
strip down some for space I just noticed I have many old pages that got un-linked but still taking up space
so that may be enough.

You are more than welcome to add to channelf.se any info/photos you feel are important, its the reason its there

A CIB Checkers popped up on eBay.

Link

2k BIN.

I had Checkers on my eBay alert for around 5 years now. For three years not a single one showed up.

How many popped up in the last few months? I guess something like 6 or 7. This is insane - it almost looks like they are all changing hands.

The great Checkers winter migration has began! ?

Edited by lazzeri
  • Like 1