IGNORED

the official Channel F thread!

It's a cool little tribute, even if they can't draw a channel f in pixels or show the controller the right way up. I did have a go at the games, ironically the unattributed breakout clone is the only thing that could have run on a channel f. There is a YouTube video to the tribute as well showing off black video game developers and Jerry's son who seems to be in some form of programming role himself. 

7 minutes ago, Mikebloke said:

My collection is ready to buy on ebay 😎

Lol!  Are you the $6000 dollar guy?

All I know is I think this pretty much blows my chances affording a copy of Video Whizball.

It's cool to see Jerry Lawson get this recognition.   I've listened to his guest speaking bits at conferences.  Would have loved to have dinner with him.

Ooo!  There's more then one game!  Click it a few times.

Edited by CaptainBreakout
Hahahaha! Try again, turkey!

45 minutes ago, CaptainBreakout said:

Lol!  Are you the $6000 dollar guy?

All I know is I think this pretty much blows my chances affording a copy of Video Whizball.

$6,000? No, at least I don't think so, I've put mine up for £1,500 which is about $1,800 USD these days. Whizball is in the higher end these days but shouldn't be more than a couple of hundred even boxed. At least not before crazy price times.

• 3 weeks later...
18 hours ago, Machine said:

I made up a few vinyl decals. These are heavy duty, they will last for years outside or inside.

$4 shipped for a set of 2 decals. Approx. 2.5" in diameter. Shipped in a letter to USA. Rest of world is $7 shipped in a letter.

fairchild.thumb.jpg.568a5af2955de277c185573cd26b3c1b.jpg

Those are amazing!

19 hours ago, Machine said:

I made up a few vinyl decals. These are heavy duty, they will last for years outside or inside.

$4 shipped for a set of 2 decals. Approx. 2.5" in diameter. Shipped in a letter to USA. Rest of world is $7 shipped in a letter.

fairchild.thumb.jpg.568a5af2955de277c185573cd26b3c1b.jpg

Those are really Cool! How much would 4 be shipped in the usa? And maybe also a price on 6 or 8?

Thanks!!

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, atari2600land said:

I bet Billiards would be hard programming, getting physics right for balls and stuff. Perhaps later I'll find and play Game & Watch Gallery for Game Boy and see what I can do.

Mostly my lack of ability, In theory there is 16 directional movement but collision detection is giving me trouble. Not any particular angle, I've got that down, just when I add in 4 new collision directions the code for the 4 I worked on last just stops working and I can't work it out. Been on the back burner for awhile now. Its only Carom Billiards so only 3 balls but would be curious to work out if a larger set of balls would work for other billiard games. 

Here's a list of game ideas I've had for the Channel F but not had time to make yet:

Horace Goes Skiing

Snake 2 (Nokia 3310)

Bejewelled

Columns

Dr Mario

Puyo Puyo

Pyromind (PC)
Di Lithium Lift (Speccy)

TNT Bomb Bomb (PC-88)

I also drew the background for Donkey Kong Jr Game & Watch but can't for the life of me find the Gimp file....

Edited by Arlasoft
  • Like 1

I was working on a skiing game but I stopped work on it because I found it to be boring. Anyway, I went through my Game & Watch GB cartridge and found Octopus and began work on a similar concept but in a completely different layout. This is the 6th level in the Celery game. I am wondering whether or not to make the games separate so you don't have to play your way through to get to a certain level.

1372470874_gnomehatterwhat2.png.72ffe5f3da3beebbef06621df4e0df49.png