IGNORED

NEW CX-77 Atari Touch Tablets at BEST

mytek

I need to set this up, what's the requirements for getting online? I have an SIO2BT that I think now has networking support? Also an 850, that I don't think I've ever used...

Someone should get it to work with a Mac and see if InkWell in MacOS [formerly Mac OS X!] would support it. :)

Hell, it's too bad the ST didn't support it [i know, I know, differences in how the DB9s are read and pin configuration, etc]; it would've made drawing with NEOchrome much more pleasant than with the ST Mouse.

Come to think of it, the Enhanced Joystick Ports of the STe/Falcon030/Jaguar supported light pens and graphics tablets... hmmm...

Someone should get it to work with a Mac and see if InkWell in MacOS [formerly Mac OS X!] would support it. :)

Hell, it's too bad the ST didn't support it [i know, I know, differences in how the DB9s are read and pin configuration, etc]; it would've made drawing with NEOchrome much more pleasant than with the ST Mouse.

Come to think of it, the Enhanced Joystick Ports of the STe/Falcon030/Jaguar supported light pens and graphics tablets... hmmm...

Question is, were any light pens or graphics tablets made for those enhanced ports?

I had one back in the day and let my nephew borrow it. Now, 20-some years later I was going to get it back along with my 48K 400 with a B-Key keyboard. and a 410 tape drive and maybe some old cartridges. Before that happened, I picked up an 800XL and 1050 drive that came with another CX-77 that's in great shape. I might get a new plastic sheet for it now that I know they're available. I need to order some power bricks anyway since neither the 800XL or 1050 came with them.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Would anyone with a working tablet take a picture of how the ribbon cable is situated for me? Mine doesn't seem to be working (just the tablet area, neither touch nor stylus input). Buttons all work fine though. The tablet itself is connected via a 6 line ribbon cable slotted into a 10pin connector with two pins pulled up. Pretty sure it should align to the left pin.

post-16458-0-01155900-1544141530_thumb.jpg

• 11 months later...