IGNORED

New Coleco RGB board?

SiLic0ne t0aD

ah, good to know.

I second what 511 said, fitting the PCB in the IC area is a great idea. Can I ask if that is why SMT parts where used? i.e. the bottom side is solder mask only, no traces?

I'm saving my second CV for this mod. Keep one with F18a and backup console with RGB. Thanks again for making this.

ah, good to know.

I second what 511 said, fitting the PCB in the IC area is a great idea. Can I ask if that id why SMT parts where used? i.e. the bottom side is solder mask only, no traces?

I'm saving my second CV for this mod. Keep one with F18a and backup console with RGB. Thanks again for making this.

There are traces on the the bottom. They have silkscreen over them, but I would I recommend putting a piece of vinyl tape on the bottom just to play it safe. That very first pic of that install has vinyl tape on it.

SMD parts where used to keep things small, and to be able to mount it where its currently located. I don't mess with through hole much anymore.

Edited by citrus3000psi
  • Like 1

What is so cool is that I recently started to use RGB more (again) due to OSSC and I knew Joe Z had the document and I was about to draw it up in Eagle and you already did, and a much better job than what I would have done. So timing is perfect. I spent 8+ hours in eagle this past weekend and that is enough. Eagle work was for another project :)

citrus3000psi, is v1.1 the final pcb design?

Are the resistors 1206 size?

I see v1.1 posted here:

https://oshpark.com/shared_projects/bvflkA1B

For $7.90 for 3 is super cheap. Send me a PM and I'll mail out 1 of the 3 for $3 shipped in the US (pcb only, no electronics).

It should be, but I have not tested this revision yet. But I'm confident, I do have some order.

1.0 and 1.1 differences are it can be setup to use pots or no pots (The reason for the jumpers) and has spots for caps on the RGB lines. All components are 0603. Make sure to order .8mm And isolate the bottom of the board before installation.

I have another board that will help with mating the RGB wires to a mini din (This is untested, but I should have the board in a few days to verify): https://oshpark.com/shared_projects/0hrYbjDu

And then using that mini din you would need this off the shelf cable: https://retro-access.com/collections/other/products/8-pin-male-mini-din-to-male-rgb-scart

I have a few more consoles on the way to me, so I should be able to verify pot values etc.

Edited by citrus3000psi
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know if citrus3000psi is going to but I will be. I'm waiting on a set of test boards so I can try them and also figure out assembled unit pricing.

Sounds good. Digikey was out on one of the parts. Perhaps Newark or Mouser might have all of them in stock. I didn't want to start buying from multiple places as then price starts to go up and would just be better to buy assembled pcb.

• 3 weeks later...