IGNORED

Happy Chick

Troy_Whelan

1. Anyone here have a handheld emulation console that uses/used Happy Chick?
  2. Did you keep Happy Chick or replace it?
  3. If you replaced it, did you do it yourself or send the console away to have it done? Cost?
  4. Pros and Cons of using Happy Chick?
  5. Pros and Cons of replacing Happy Chick?

GPD XD, JXD S7800B and JXD S192K (Singularity); all 3 of these use Happy Chick as the "emulator hub" and require you to use their ROMs instead of you using your own. I would like to not use Happy Chick and use my own emulators & ROMs.

Please share your experiences with respect to handheld emulation consoles and Happy Chick.

Troy

1. Anyone here have a handheld emulation console that uses/used Happy Chick?
  2. Did you keep Happy Chick or replace it?
  3. If you replaced it, did you do it yourself or send the console away to have it done? Cost?
  4. Pros and Cons of using Happy Chick?
  5. Pros and Cons of replacing Happy Chick?

GPD XD, JXD S7800B and JXD S192K (Singularity); all 3 of these use Happy Chick as the "emulator hub" and require you to use their ROMs instead of you using your own. I would like to not use Happy Chick and use my own emulators & ROMs.

Please share your experiences with respect to handheld emulation consoles and Happy Chick.

Troy

on both of my 7 inch machines that have happy chick you use your own roms or download from the app just place you roms in the correct folder and they show right up

i have a gpd and jxd 7 inch

and there is nothing stopping you from using your own emus they are just standard android machines

i actually like the happy chick app

i backed up the apk and now have it installed on my other standard android tablets and a android tv

i like it because it makes a good front end for all the different emus

before i had it i was stuck running each emu separate

on both of my 7 inch machines that have happy chick you use your own roms or download from the app just place you roms in the correct folder and they show right up

i have a gpd and jxd 7 inch

and there is nothing stopping you from using your own emus they are just standard android machines

i actually like the happy chick app

i backed up the apk and now have it installed on my other standard android tablets and a android tv

i like it because it makes a good front end for all the different emus

before i had it i was stuck running each emu separate

That is good to know. I thought it was going to be either use Happy Chick or my own ROMs but not mingled. Can you see everything even if you are not connected online? That is one of the main reasons I was wanting to avoid Happy Chick as I want to be able to play whatever wherever and not have to be logged into their site.

That is good to know. I thought it was going to be either use Happy Chick or my own ROMs but not mingled. Can you see everything even if you are not connected online? That is one of the main reasons I was wanting to avoid Happy Chick as I want to be able to play whatever wherever and not have to be logged into their site.

I have not updated my app I'm a few months but yes unless something has changed

I used my jxd all the time with happy chick not connected to the net

even the games downloaded show up

the only problem you would have offline is if you had not downloaded the emulator yet for the game but once its downloaded its there for good

• Like 1