IGNORED

What are you playing on iOS/droid/mobile?

i guess i don't get all the butthurt over the game- it's like Blizzard went out and killed a bunch of people's dogs or something.

I've played Diablo since the original Diablo (i was 18 when it came out) so i guess that gives me enough of a pedigree, lol. *if* it has goofy pay-to-win barriers or is just a hot garbage game in gameplay or controls then i think people absolutely have a right to gripe.

Jesus Christ, though, wait for the damn game to come out at least.

• Like 1

That's how I feel about it. I just see a bunch of pissed off entitled man(and lady)babies bitching and whining because they didn't get D4 or one of the early two remastered and updated into HD. Boo hoo.

If the game turned out bad as you said, a whale abuser, or just plays like garbage fine -- roast em alive.

But the thing is the company they got to make it has been making Diablo knockoffs and seem to have a decent system going with that as people come back for more, so they hired them to do a Diablo game. That company is known for doing F2P stuff that can get into whaling, but I mean given what Blizzard has done to rip people off with monthly fees in WoW for ages now, it's not beyond belief they'd rise above coining the crap out of Diablo players too on a mobile phone. It will either turn out well where it's F2P like Nintendo where the game works, and you pay for speed boosts and totally optional fluff, or it will be abusive F2P up front or more sneakily 10 hours into it so you're invested and more likely to get screwed them walk away.

Let's just see how it turns out, then be happy or not about it. It's really not that hard. I for one like the look, but if it's whale bait, forget it.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

I just started Star Trek Fleet Command yesterday. It's just a clicker with timers and stuff, but the scope is huge and there's a lot to explore. It's set in the Kelvin timeline which is cool to me (I like the Giacchino music and Abrams lens flare) but probably not for everybody. Now I've got TWO Trek-themed idle games to keep track of, since I like Star Trek Timelines for different reasons.

post-2410-0-86950400-1543596627_thumb.jpeg

• Like 2

i've been playing another iteration of the Boggle/Crossword type game from BitMango called 'Word Farm Cross'- it's pretty much the only game I've been playing on my phone lately. I just like word puzzles, I think.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bitmango.go.wordsfarmcross&hl=en_US

• Like 1

I swear I saw this on here in another thread, pretty sure it was flojo, but I'm really tempted to snap up that PART TIME UFO game from Hal Labs (makers of Kirby) for ios/android(I think too.) Only $4 and has a lot going on, the tune digs into your skull so at least it's good. I just got side tracked with the Dragalia events this time of year along with Monsterboy.

• 1 month later...

OMG why have I been ignoring Shadowgun Legends?

I know very well why -- the first game was a bland Gears of War knockoff, and the second game was a spazzy arena shooter.

But this one, it's got a lot of snarky style and plenty of colors! I like it a lot. Major hat tip to Kotaku for calling it "Mobile Destiny." I didn't like Destiny, but with a little more humor, shorter missions, and most importantly, on my phone, and that changes everything. Recommended!

I just started Star Trek Fleet Command yesterday. It's just a clicker with timers and stuff, but the scope is huge and there's a lot to explore. It's set in the Kelvin timeline which is cool to me (I like the Giacchino music and Abrams lens flare) but probably not for everybody. Now I've got TWO Trek-themed idle games to keep track of, since I like Star Trek Timelines for different reasons.

attachicon.gifIMG_FC1C20765FDA-1.jpeg

BTW once the PvP kicks in, this game is no longer fun. Deleted with malice. Best avoided unless you really like Star Trek, in which case, like me, you'll "play" til you hit the paywall.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Star Wars LEGO Microfighters

Fly your little ship down an endless tunnel, don't hit the sides or your wings will pop off. Lots of vehicles and characters to collect. Seems completely free, with optional registration for an extra thing or two including leaderboards. Uses modern resolutions well. Good music, very cute.

https://www.lego.com/en-us/themes/star-wars/games/microfighters-f0c5e34a88004b28b81add9457599553

• Like 1

Oh, it's totally for little kids. It just so happens to be fun for adults, too. It feels very "classic gaming" to me, except with the Crossy Road type of progression built in -- too bad there were no Atari 2600 games that did this!

I really like the way your wings pop off when you mess up, but you can always pick up replacement parts along the way. Except they don't match, so you have a big Y-Wing pod on the side of your TIE Fighter. Tee hee hee!

If you bother to make a LEGO signin, you can be my friend. The name is "Ms. FrillyWolf" (which was the default they gave me, heh)

• Like 1

Oh, it's totally for little kids. It just so happens to be fun for adults, too. It feels very "classic gaming" to me, except with the Crossy Road type of progression built in -- too bad there were no Atari 2600 games that did this!

I really like the way your wings pop off when you mess up, but you can always pick up replacement parts along the way. Except they don't match, so you have a big Y-Wing pod on the side of your TIE Fighter. Tee hee hee!

If you bother to make a LEGO signin, you can be my friend. The name is "Ms. FrillyWolf" (which was the default they gave me, heh)

I get that, I was more meaning with kids like that paint by numbers junk, baby talk, overly cute to a 5 year olds fault stuff. I don't mean on the kids to adults level like any of those lego star wars games go about it which this seems more in line with.

I am "CorporalSublimeCactus" (I think) in the Lego Star Wars game.

(edit to add:)

I really suck at the controls on my phone, lol.

I discovered that it can work with a controller, and can also rotate between portrait and landscape mode. I think landscape might be a little easier, but I'm not certain because I got really accustomed to portrait mode. One-handed games are a treat. ;-)