IGNORED

My buddy and I played Quest for the Rings...

BoatofCar

You guys did a great job explaining the game.

As far as the other two Strategy games I havent even attempted Wall Street as I dont have a degree in Finance! A few years back I started playing Conquest of the World but it took too long and had to abandon it... might try again when I have a free Weekend.

• Like 1

Thanks metarog! It's crazy how much more difficult the other two Master Strategy games are compared to QftR. I believe you actually do need to have a degree in finance (or at least have taken several college-level courses) to play that one! Conquest of the World seems slightly more doable, but I think we'll need to round up some more friends for that one.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I plan on trying to record and play this game myself in the future. Having never played it yet, any tips or tricks to suggest to make the process simpler? I need to make sure i have all the pieces etc--inherited the game from a friend. Other than that, i welcome your input as to make a smooth recording for this obscure piece of history....

• 3 weeks later...

We have the other two Master Strategy games, but they're orders of magnitude more complicated. Has anyone else ever attempted them?

Back when Conquest of the World was still a current title, a relative gave me a copy of it for (IIRC) a birthday present.

The objectives made sense to me, but the rules seemed complex and the pace slow. In fairness to the game, I was, quite probably, too young for it and simply didn't have the patience necessary to play it. This is one that I would like to obtain another copy of (assuming I can't find the one I originally had) and give it another shot as an adult just to see if my perspective has changed enough in 30-odd years to make it playable.

The little square magnetic tiles used to mark player positions on the board did a great job of spelling 'FART' on my parents' fridge, however. They were not as amused by that as I was, for some reason.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I have a graduate degree in finance and even I don't want to play Wall Street Fortune Hunt.

That probably explain why the European release is the only one of the Videopac series that didn't received a proper "Odyssey² to Videopac" redesign.

And why the game is near impossible to find here.

0c6deeb2-6431-11e4-8d07-18eb6dd2ca35.jpg

You can see they didn't bothered putting a Videopac label on the cart, (in some pics, I even see the US box with the big Odyssey2 logo; those might be later releases or unsold US stocks) and no matter the version, the name remain in english, without translation like standard Videopac games.

And the other strategy games had a national version :

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

I don't get the point of the dual language here, when every other part of the pack, aside from the cart, is one language only. Maybe an early design idea that wasn't corrected before priting.

s-l1600.jpg

Edited by CatPix
  • Like 3

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Funny thing I just played this with my friends kids today, summary, fun but not amazing. Definitely worth giving a go occasionally. The kids wanted know why all the enemies looked like the player, well the odyssey 2 does have some limits.

funniest thing was the little daughter putting the dragon and nightmares in the shifting rooms, drove her brothers crazy

Edited by masschamber