IGNORED

How often, or have you ever backed up your FinalGROM99?

Omega-TI

Backing up the FinalGROM99  

14 members have voted

1. 1. How long has it been since you backed up your SD based cartridge?

• One week or less.
    • Over a week to a month.
    • One to three months.
    • Over three months.
    • I've NEVER backed up my cartridge.
    • N/A or Other

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Most of us are used to backing up our PC's... but what about the TI's FR99 or FG99 cartridge? Do you, or have you ever backed up the SD card to your PC? It only takes a second.

Users put their favorites on it, spent time arranging everything 'just so' and are used to the way they've set it up. Sometimes we stuff the latest and greatest BETA copy of something on it and go our merry way. Now that "WHAT IF" something goes poof? How old is your backup? Do you even have a backup? If not, how much time would it take to restore every file manually without a backup?

i keep two backups, actually- one on my home computer and one on my work laptop. my work laptop has an sd card reader built-in so makes it easier for me to copy or add new stuff.

i tend to update my backups when i have something new and fun to add to my FG99. :) I've tweaked the directory structure a bit too to match my preferences so I don't really want to do it again.

• Like 2

I have several SD card copies of my FR99 & FG99, along with backups on a 320GB USB drive for all things TI/Geneve. Plus zipped copies on my Dell Lattitude E6430 laptop which is backed up weekly to a 4TB USB drive. FYI this laptop has a docking station that includes real serial & parallel ports, along with many USB & various video ports.

My SD-card is just a copy from my harddisk´s folder, where I organize this.

Organize? What is that? Is it edible?

Honestly, I'm going to have to take some time to remove stuff I never use and put things I do use in appropriate folders. The best analogy I can make about the current status of my FG99's SD card is that's it's the digital version of my junk drawer. :ponder:

• Like 2