IGNORED

1020 plotter - Joystick Sketchpad

jaek_3

I'm one of the ones with a tape of it, I think I can make an image of it with Turgen if needed. There are plenty of 1020 plotter utilities out there though, in serious software sections and sites. I have several ATR's with 1020 utilities, including print micro-illustrator pictures, Atari joystick sketch pad isn't worth the trouble when you can use decent art programs and print them to the 1020 with a utility. Probably why it's never been imaged. I loaded mine up once, to check it out, and knew I'd never use it again. It's ok to do something with the 1020 other than print 40 columns, until you get better utilities to use.The best way to use the 1020 is for what it's really designed to do, vector plotting. Download Super 3D Plotter II, do some 3D CAD models and print them out to the plotter from any view or angle.

Edited by Gunstar

I'm curious about this as I once wrote something in BASIC that sounds remarkably similar to the program being referenced.

Can anyone shed more light on it? I made a few copies for people at the time, and am wondering if this might be a survivor.

IIRC, and I'll load it up just to verify later, Joystick Sketchpad is just a basic form of Micro-illustrator. it may be possible to load Micro-illustrator compatible art files into Sketchpad and use it as a utility to print out to the 1020, but I wouldn't bother using it as a way of drawing art, unless you are 4 years old just scribbling with a joystick. You could draw something with it that looks like it was done with Micro-Illustrator or Atari Artist, it's just a bigger pain in the arse without all the tools you get with full-fledged art programs.

Edited by Gunstar
  • Like 1

IIRC, and I'll load it up just to verify later, Joystick Sketchpad is just a basic form of Micro-illustrator. it may be possible to load Micro-illustrator compatible art files into Sketchpad and use it as a utility to print out to the 1020, but I wouldn't bother using it as a way of drawing art, unless you are 4 years old just scribbling with a joystick. You could draw something with it that looks like it was done with Micro-Illustrator or Atari Artist, it's just a bigger pain in the arse without all the tools you get with full-fledged art programs.

This is sounding more and more like something that wasn't what I wrote. Similar in concept, but different in execution.

Still, I'd be interested to see what you find out.

• 5 months later...

Sorry, I forgot all about this, and since Bill's copy has had it's guts spilled, I'll look into getting an image made tonight. I've never made a cassette image before, but it's time to learn on the job.

Sorry, I forgot all about this, and since Bill's copy has had it's guts spilled, I'll look into getting an image made tonight. I've never made a cassette image before, but it's time to learn on the job.

You should be able to use Audacity to capture it to wav.

Then see this article if you want to convert the wav to a small flac file.

And more info here.

• Like 1

You should be able to use Audacity to capture it to wav.

Then see this article if you want to convert the wav to a small flac file.

And more info here.

Thanks. Yesterday I was thinking APE/SIO2PC system could make tape images with the 1010 just like with the 1050. I never used the cassette function, and thought I remembered it did more than play .cas images. Anywho, I have to dig either an old portable tape recorder or my JVC rack system's tape component out of storage, and I forgot today,,,tomorrow, if I don't forget again.

Edited by Gunstar

If it would be helpful, I converted the contents of the 1020 cassette to a bootable disk image some time ago:

attachicon.gif1020.zip

No no NO! You just put that back where you got it MISTER, and forget you ever saw it or said anything. Admin, please erase his post...I just went crawling through storage to get his damned cassette deck and hook it to my PC! j/k :-D

I actually haven't done any of that yet, thanks for saving me the trouble! :thumbsup:

Edited by Gunstar
  • Like 1