IGNORED

Contest game ideas

I suggest this: it would be fine on intellivision :grin:

You're crazy. :P I been trying to fix my Sega CD so I can play this game completely without DRE. :_( Dang ol' zero track switch not being hit by the sled. Maybe I should start converting each frame of Slipheed using IntyCOLOR and spare 16 cards for the MOBs, which are polygonal object which is processed by the hardware acceleration of the JPL. Maybe a ton of caffiene, Adderal, and a very strict monkey to keep me from leaving the computer station, I can make it happen.

I suggest this: it would be fine on intellivision :grin:

Wow! That looks like a neat game! I think it is possible to do the actual game-play (not the intro movies). It's similar to Galaga and Gyruss. Of course, it'll never look the same, but the mechanics can be done. :thumbsup:

-dZ.

Wow! That looks like a neat game! I think it is possible to do the actual game-play (not the intro movies). It's similar to Galaga and Gyruss. Of course, it'll never look the same, but the mechanics can be done. :thumbsup:

-dZ.

I agree. Out of the joke, I was thinking that with small changes Deep Zone can be unrolled in that perspective very easily.

I say a cool idea for an IntyBASIC project would be a Doodle Jump-style platformer. They did one for the VCS, so it can't really be all that bad on the Intellivision.

I recall playing Doodle Jump on my iPhone when it first came out and being addicted to it. It is a very simple game, with very simple mechanics, but very enjoyable. I think translating something similar on IntyBASIC may be a worthwhile project. (For someone else. ;))

-dZ.

To be fair, the PC-8801 original didn't have any intro movies. Just a polygonal face spewing digitized speech at you! :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hVwAfy88NE

• 2 weeks later...

This game comes up as very much a classic from 1982-ish. It's called Paratrooper. Love it or hate it, it's gotten LOTS of attention over the years, and STILL gets love and support today, and we have nothing like it for the Intellivision.

I know it's late in the contest, but if there's any clever programmer looking for a late great idea with 3 weeks left, that's doable if you tell friends and family to go jump in a lake for the next 21 days, well, this is it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnPUsspS-LM

Hey, just throwing it on the table, that's all.