IGNORED

GRAM & BASIC & VDP

Opry99er

There is a problem, as my TIMT tells me. Only the first four files can be read, all others result in "Archive truncated", including MSAVE/6.

Okay, I haven't tried your tool yet on arks,HFEs, and so forth, just on dsk images, sometimes. At least I know the problem is in the file. This was archived over 15 years ago, never tested as I was just trying to get alot of disks archived, to keep them useful far after the disks were worthless. I will search through some other storage devices I have, I know I have TI stuff from over 20+ years stored to in the GKUTILITIES.

Yea, you know I should... EA GROM plus a ram chip, right? I need to find some instructions and source some components.

http://www.mainbyte.com/ti99/supercart/supercart_4bank.html

I built this one, also Jim makes a supercart board so you don't have to sacrifice a munchman or ti invaders, if you need an extra of either game I have them in bulk. I'm out of jim's boards but he's ordering more he says. my board I built with a ti-invaders board looks like frankenstien's monster and won't fit in a console :) but it works fine on a widgit

Greg

• 3 weeks later...

Awesome! The first test will be to determine if we can break out of a BASIC program while it is in the module space.

Test #1:

Step #1: Write a BASIC program, use MSAVE6 to save it to GRAM 3

Step #2: Save module to disk (make sure no cartridges are inserted into the GRAM Kracker when you do this)

Step #3: Completely shut down your system, then start up and INIT your module space on the GRAM Kracker to make sure it is clean.

Step #4: LOAD the module from disk that you saved earlier. This will put the BASIC program in module space, cleanly, with no residuals of our previous efforts. We will know that the VDP contains no BASIC code at this point

Step #5: Run the module from the title selection screen. While running, try a FCTN+4 break of the program.

Step #6: If you were allowed to break out of the program, type LIST.

Then report your results here. :)

Owen. I just came across this topic. I can probably provide all the info you need for running TI Basic programs in GROM/GRAM space, as I've been doing this for many years new. I'm also just about ready to open the new topic on TI BASIC Plus (TIB+) which depends heavily on GK MSAVE & MSAVE6 for 80K/56K GramKracker, HSGPL & FG99. i also have found most all of my emails about the progress and difficulties encountered during the early development. Do you want to do this here or on the TIB+ topic? I had to modify the objectives document For MSAVE & BCART, buti I think I will have to do it again, as It's pretty confusing without doing it for each type of TI environment; CF7+/NanoPEB, Mini Memory, Editor Assembler, Winfried Winkler enhanced Assembler & Editor, and standard PEB peripherals. I'll know based on comments.

• Like 3