IGNORED

for sale

horsetips

hi

​I have a boxed colecovision console​ complete also a boxed steering wheel that go`s with it. I have got a adams pc complete with printer games manuals ect but its not boxed, this was from my fathers collection so I don't know a lot about it except that its all working I am based in uk but will ship anywhere if anyone is intrested in buying you can contact me on 01284 831090 many thanks.

Edited by horsetips

not sure what you mean about that web site ive not advertised on there, ive uploaded a pic of the colecovision out of the box

Let me spell it out for you. Stop stealing images from Google search to sell items you most likely do not own. If you do own said items take your own pictures. Oh yeah and good job reassuring us by posting a 2nd image time stamped almost 2 years ago.

I just took that pic today and to prove it ive just took a pic of my tv so let me spell it out for you, just because my camera date says 04/16 dosnt mean I'm some sort of scammer and don't own the items decribed if you arnt intrested in the items that's not a prob just don't accuse people of things they havnt done, the pic is of channel cnn and the date is fri 02/02 which is todays date

post-63413-0-15485500-1517587255_thumb.jpg

post-63413-0-64166500-1517587302_thumb.jpg

Lets start over! Just to make sure we are all on the same page!

The link listed above has the exact image you posted in the initial post. How did your image get on that site? (see pic below)

The people here would like for you to post more pictures of the outer box, just like in your original post. Not the inner box, not your TV, not a newspaper.

Excuse us for being edgy but we have lots of people come on here trying to scam others and you have an account that is 2 days old trying to sell an item where the same picture you are using can be found on a blog from 4 years ago, is does not look good.

post-25078-0-40902800-1517595584_thumb.png

• Like 1

Take new pictures with a piece of paper with your username and the current date; drape them over the boxes or put them somewhere else visible in the shot and you'll probably alleviate a lot of concerns for the dreaded newcomer+scamming combo.

IMO the paranoia around these parts is taken a little far these days, if you pay with a credit card via paypal you're protected on a number of levels. Don't pay as a gift unless you're willing to write off the sum as a loss. A ton of scams wind up being perpetrated by established members anyway, by my measure far more folk burn out or get in over their head and then just vanish.

right 4 new pics with my user name and date I even changed date on camera which was a nightmare, if this isn't proof enough I suppose the only way to prove it is to come round each of your homes and plug the the poxy thing in, even then I suppose some of you wouldn't belive it, all I wanted to do was sell the console and pc not get into a debate about boxes, if anyone is intrested I will be quite happy to chat and show them more pics, end of debate

post-63413-0-51055800-1517605790_thumb.jpg

post-63413-0-18658300-1517605894_thumb.jpg

post-63413-0-76289300-1517605934_thumb.jpg

post-63413-0-51076400-1517605972_thumb.jpg

the 1st 2 pics I posted I got of ebay to show what I had to sell because my camera had no batteries to take pics, I brought new battries put them in and took pics but didn't update date on camera hence the year 16, there was no intent of trying to scam anyone as I said in my 1st post these items where from my dads collection of retro stuff so I'm not upto date with all this stuff if someone wants to come and see it all working that's not a problem hope this explains it

right 4 new pics with my user name and date I even changed date on camera which was a nightmare, if this isn't proof enough I suppose the only way to prove it is to come round each of your homes and plug the the poxy thing in, even then I suppose some of you wouldn't belive it, all I wanted to do was sell the console and pc not get into a debate about boxes, if anyone is intrested I will be quite happy to chat and show them more pics, end of debate

it isn't a matter of debate or you need to "prove" it to people. The facts are you are a new member here and are selling an item that you pulled pictures off the internet and tried to act like it was what you were selling. It is pretty easy for anyone who might be interested to be skeptical seeing how you posted pics of an item that is not the one you are selling.

I don't think you were trying to mislead anyone, but you certainly did. I doubt you have much chance of selling at this point, chaulk this up as a learning experience.

Edited by atari181
  • Like 1

...I wanted to do was sell the console and pc not get into a debate about boxes...

This is a forum of collectors and enthusiasts. We care about condition of boxes. We also want to buy from people who care about us, & make sure we're buying something we're happy with.

You opened this thread with stock images pulled randomly from the internet. Then provided one with an incorrect date, then tried to prove the day with a random picture of your TV (which mostly just proves you can get the evening news.) You did come through with proper pictures in the end, and that's good- but the fact that it took 2 days and 6 posts to get there is not good. It tells us that you don't care enough to even show us what you expect to get money for (don't think I didn't notice you haven't shown us the Adam yet). I don't care if your camera was dead- if you can't take proper photos, put your sale on hold. Hell, I've got complete runs of the Full Metal Panic and Angel Diary manga sitting in boxes, not listed for sale becuase I haven't had time to take pictures.

I know this all seems harsh, but game collectors can be very harsh, picky people. This is my advice to you: have this thread deleted. Wait a couple weeks, during which time you sit down & take proper pictures of everything. Shots of all sides of the boxes. Shots of the contents. Closeups of the system from different angles. Get all the Adam stuff done too. Then come back with a brand-new thread, using what you've learned here to make it a good one. I imagine you'll be more successful without all this nastiness right at the forefront. Alternatively, list on Amazon- they charge fees, but at least no one expects pictures or detailed descriptions, so it would be less work.

​pics of adam pc and extras my father brought this of ebay in 2003 date on delivery notice, I think there are 2 in the box, there is also a modem sealed in box, also a printer but at this time I cant take a pic because its in storage, it was brought from usa

(see label)

post-63413-0-23869000-1517776635_thumb.jpg

post-63413-0-54824200-1517776664_thumb.jpg

post-63413-0-01389800-1517776726_thumb.jpg

post-63413-0-49035100-1517776762_thumb.jpg

post-63413-0-16586700-1517776928_thumb.jpg

post-63413-0-76245700-1517776964_thumb.jpg

post-63413-0-09155900-1517776996_thumb.jpg

post-63413-0-74280700-1517777059_thumb.jpg

post-63413-0-22868100-1517777406_thumb.jpg

post-63413-0-67373700-1517777426_thumb.jpg

Edited by horsetips