IGNORED

Is it normal to own this many duplicates of common cartridges? Hahahahaha

Pink

It's been a little less then a month ago since I got my Atari 2600 "Darth Vader" console that came with 32 cartridges from eBay, and now (not quite) a month later, I now own over 200 cartridges, and a WHOLE bunch of duplicates! Am I crazy? In the midst of all the duplicate commons, I have also acquired some more uncommon games such as Swordquest Waterworld, Frogger II Threedeep, Double Dragon, and Pitfall II.

post-42460-0-53999500-1517609655_thumb.jpg

post-42460-0-77356500-1517609661_thumb.jpg

post-42460-0-20589100-1517609951_thumb.jpg

Edited by Pink

Let me guess, you've been buying ebay lots? The you're going to end up with lots of copies of the games that everyone had back in the day. Trade 'em in to Albert for store credit.

I got turned off lots because I'd end up with duplicates of the sort of "mid-level" rarity games. Games that aren't common enough to get turned into homebrews or third party games that aren't used for homebrew carts, but are common enough that most collectors have them making them hard to unload.

Nice snag on the Waterworld though.

Edited by KaeruYojimbo

I'm only 25 years old and wasn't around back in the Atari 2600's heyday, but I read Atari produced like 7 million Pacman cartridges... are we sure that isn't a typo and they actually produced 7 billion? hahahahahaha

• Like 1

I'd like to have Defender. I had it when I was a kid, and I thought I still had a copy of it, but if I do, I can't find it anywhere. It sells on eBay for about $5 shipped, which is $4.50 more than the cartridge is worth. So I'll probably go without Defender unless I buy a lot which happens to include it.

Collectorscardsandgames.com has Defender for $1, and he charges the exact price (or very, very close) that he pays for shipping. The guy who owns this site, Mike, is fantastic and i've been ordering from him for years. Just order a bunch of carts that you want and don't currently own all at once to save on shipping. He has a very impressive inventory, loads of stuff for even the more obscure/lesser known and less successful consoles (Like the TurboGrafx 16, Vectrex, 3DO, Phillips CD-I, etc.) This site is a lot like Best Electronics in that it looks like its from 1995 and you order via his order form which is just an email, though hes not soup nazi-ish in the slightest like Brad from Best Electronics is (at least in my experience) The date in the bottom left corner on each page is when he last updated that specific page, so if the page hasn't been updated for awhile, some stuff he may be sold out/out of stock of if you try ordering it. But i'm sure something like Defender he probably has more then he can sell, hahahaha.

Just like Best Electronics, I would LOVE nothing more then to be able to visit his warehouse and see his inventory in person.

http://collectorscardsandgames.com/new/Atari2600Page3.html

Edited by Pink
  • Like 1

Even in the 80's it was common to get duplicates, especially as people got coleco or nes and we could get friends and neighbors collections cheaply. When eBay hit, we started getting other peoples collections of collections, so yeah, its normal to have dozens of copies of common games. Heck, I think at one time I counted over 100 copies of asteroids.

I'd like to have Defender. I had it when I was a kid, and I thought I still had a copy of it, but if I do, I can't find it anywhere. It sells on eBay for about $5 shipped, which is $4.50 more than the cartridge is worth. So I'll probably go without Defender unless I buy a lot which happens to include it.

check out defender ii on nintendo and I think there is even a third one on the jaguar or something.