IGNORED

Grail of the Gods (rogue-like or mini-RPG)

nanochess

It looks and sounds so cool! Greetings! Now that I've won (in easy mode) I've a suggestion: you (better if Nyuundere) should add two extra musics one for the victory screen and one for the game over screen.

I'm going to compose 12 music for each level of the game. Sure I'll add Victory and Game Over. Just give me a few days.

• Like 3

One tip I would offer is pick up the armor last before heading off to the next floor. Find the potion and don't take it yet until your hit points is low. You get a free hit point refill, AT up, and AC up at level up so see how much exp you need before taking the potion. If you find the sword, there's a chance you can one hit kill monster so I would take it. There is a minimum AT so it won't drain it to 0.

One thing that the 'you win' screen need is a nicely rendered Grail of the God. I'll probably make a 3D render of a Grail after dinner.

• Like 1

In the sound effects department, I kind of expected a sound effect when you climb the door to the next level. Either the creaking sound of a door opening and slamming shut, or a short scale of 3-5 notes going downwards like the sound effect I'm used to from Sword of Fargoal. Otherwise I think everything has sound effects as it is, in particular as the background music is playing.

• Like 2

In the sound effects department, I kind of expected a sound effect when you climb the door to the next level. Either the creaking sound of a door opening and slamming shut, or a short scale of 3-5 notes going downwards like the sound effect I'm used to from Sword of Fargoal. Otherwise I think everything has sound effects as it is, in particular as the background music is playing.

Oh, was it suppose to be a door or staircase stepping down to the deeper floor? I attempted a staircase going down like Dragon Warrior since it made sense and it increase the depth variable so you're going down to the basement to the dungeon of doom.

• Like 1

I cel-render the grail,

post-24767-0-07859600-1518143353.jpg

Then shrunk it to 48 by 64, you'll have 8 tiles to spare.

post-24767-0-29078900-1518143403.png

I feathered the picture and pixel the image using Tilestudio with the Intellivision color pallete.

post-24767-0-67213700-1518144216.png
Grail.bmp

I haven't run it through Intycolor due to laziness I think. This is intended for colorstack mode with color stack being 0,6,0,6. Nevermind, laziness cured. Here's the source code and it did produce the image shown in the bmp :). Man Intycolor's awesome.

grailYouWin.bas

Edited by Kiwi
  • Like 3

Kiwi graphics is now in

I cel-render the grail,

attachicon.gifgrail.jpg

Then shrunk it to 48 by 64, you'll have 8 tiles to spare.

attachicon.gifgrail.png

I feathered the picture and pixel the image using Tilestudio with the Intellivision color pallete.

attachicon.gifGrailYouWin.png
attachicon.gifGrail.bmp

I haven't run it through Intycolor due to laziness I think. This is intended for colorstack mode with color stack being 0,6,0,6. Nevermind, laziness cured. Here's the source code and it did produce the image shown in the bmp :). Man Intycolor's awesome.

attachicon.gifgrailYouWin.bas

Now I've added it to the game. Also I've put in an skeleton for Game Over :)

I'll upload tomorrow night once I do the put-put sound effect.

Victory is mine!

attachicon.gifyou win!.png

(easy difficulty)

Cool! :) you beat me!

• Like 2

Tried this in my LTO Flash! and it complains about needing JLP.. I thought the LTO supported JLP..

Greg

I used the ROM configuration to tell LTO to use it. Right click on the rom in your ROM list (left side of LTO! Flash tool) and select "Edit ROM Features". Then select JLP and then choose "JLP04". At least that worked for me. It ROCKS on my real Intellivision in the family room!

• Like 3

I used the ROM configuration to tell LTO to use it. Right click on the rom in your ROM list (left side of LTO! Flash tool) and select "Edit ROM Features". Then select JLP and then choose "JLP04". At least that worked for me. It ROCKS on my real Intellivision in the family room!

Cool thanks! never had to do that :) works!! great job on the game guys!

Greg